Dark or light labels for HSI fracs? (1 Viewer)

TwoHomie

Two Pair
Reaction score
Similar to @SJFCPK18 ’s post, I’m looking to order Gear labels to build out a nickel and quarter chips for my HSI set. Current plan is to use a murdered Sycuan 1 as the $.05, and the secondary snappers as a $.25 (May just leave these as $2.50s instead of murdering)

Have seen a few examples and pics posted elsewhere, but curious as to whether y’all think a dark or light label would look better on either/both chips. If I relabel the snappers, they’d also be murdered and replaced with laminated labels.

Attachments

• EEC9999B-6811-4790-A0B6-6F35D061BB67.jpeg
    EEC9999B-6811-4790-A0B6-6F35D061BB67.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 8BA5E050-BD0B-4A12-8554-B571AB29DE4D.jpeg
    8BA5E050-BD0B-4A12-8554-B571AB29DE4D.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 210
To clarify, I envision “light” as being similar to the $1, with a light background and black or grey text, whereas “dark” is a color matched outer fading to dark like the $5 and up

Although the $1 is "light" it's still color-matched like the others, so I would go "dark" and color match the label
similar to the other chips for consistency

I say light as it maintains the split between light and dark as the denoms increase with the $5 being the transitional chip.

Also +1 on color matching the label vignetting.

It looks like the decision has been made for you somewhat as every chip has some sort of background colour matching (although different in hue). So play around with pink and blue shades.

I am struggling with the same question. I was influenced towards dark by the great Santa Ysabel $1 that have been relabled.

Obv. you should match BOTH $1 & frac with the rest of the (color matched) labels.
I love the HSI pri rack but passed for the $1's due to the (smaller) white inlays

Last edited:
I think it would look nice if the fracs both faded in to the lighter color like the $1. All of the higher demons then would fade to the black. I love those Sycuans for fracs!

Your $1 and snapper have smaller inlays while your murdered Sycuans will require a full size inlay. Just something to think about when it comes to design. I’m planning on using Sycuan $1 for another project soon myself. Details…

So I’ve admittedly been sitting on this project forever and haven’t got around to knocking these out, but

I think I like light colored labels on the $.05 and $.25.

For .05/.10, 25/.25, and .25/.5, all the majority of chips in play will have light labels. If we get $5s, then the dark label makes them pop a bit more. $25s in play and it’s half and half.

I would match color of the lable with chip...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom