Daniel Negreanu Drunken Hate Crimes Against Asians??!! (1 Viewer)

@Anthony Martino,
I’m starting to detect a Danny Negreanu something or other crush here. :unsure: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But thoroughly enjoying the antics.
By the way, who’s that narrator with the sexy voice? :rolleyes:

These guys keep giving me material to work with.

As far as sexy voices go, Cardplayer needs to fire this guy and hire me

A lot of fellow Asians I know would have laid him flat by the middle of that fiasco.

I really feel like Daniel lacks any true friend to look out for him

But I've also heard his vlogs are full of only positive comments and they scrub any negativity.

He doesn't seem like he is willing to take advice from others, which may be why there is no one close enough to help him.

You can't help someone who refuses anything but yes men around them

He's at it again, someone get him the help he needs!

I hadn't watched your video when I commented last night, I had only seen the original footage from his blog. I think you're a dick for editing this together this way. Using that blackface stuff from the past (when it was kind of normal) to frame a racial hit piece using out of context footage is just low. (And it's been done to death by Doug Polk and others.) I know part of me need to lighten up, because maybe you're just honestly looking for laughs, and I'm all about giving comedy all the lanes it needs. But I don't think this was pure humor here - I wonder if you purposely manipulated this to make him look really bad, because A) you don't like him, and B) it's easy to do in today's woke world.
And yeah, he's the one who puts his life on youtube, and he's the one who got drunk and obnoxious at that party. But I really don't think the guy is maliciously racist

I hadn't watched your video when I commented last night, I had only seen the original footage from his blog. I think you're a dick for editing this together this way. Using that blackface stuff from the past (when it was kind of normal) to frame a racial hit piece using out of context footage is just low. (And it's been done to death by Doug Polk and others.) I know part of me need to lighten up, because maybe you're just honestly looking for laughs, and I'm all about giving comedy all the lanes it needs. But I don't think this was pure humor here - I wonder if you purposely manipulated this to make him look really bad, because A) you don't like him, and B) it's easy to do in today's woke world.
And yeah, he's the one who puts his life on youtube, and he's the one who got drunk and obnoxious at that party. But I really don't think the guy is maliciously racist

This was meant as pure satire. The clips in here you can see people smiling and cracking up as the fight takes place

The "blows" in the "fight" against the 2nd kid aren't even landing and I would think the vast majority of viewers can tell this is comedic

I don't think Daniel hates Asians and don't believe any half-observant viewer will think that either

Also, I introduce Daniel in the start of the segment as a "professional napper and part-time poker player". How one can miss that my bit is anything but pure satire is really confusing to me. I guess perhaps you're so focused on the blackface thing at the start you could miss my professional napper joke (if you've watched his vlogs you'll see he's CONSTANTLY taking a nap every dinner break)

Also, I introduce Daniel in the start of the segment as a "professional napper and part-time poker player". How one can miss that my bit is anything but pure satire is really confusing to me. I guess perhaps you're so focused on the blackface thing at the start you could miss my professional napper joke (if you've watched his vlogs you'll see he's CONSTANTLY taking a nap every dinner break)
I dunno man. Every time you mention Daniel, I come after you. And I think the guy annoys me almost as much as he annoys you.
This is unhealthy.

I dunno man. Every time you mention Daniel, I come after you. And I think the guy annoys me almost as much as he annoys you.
This is unhealthy.
1657413332628.gif

1657414094814.gif

This is unhealthy.

Lol, he actually doesn't annoy me, at least not anymore. He did in the past for sure when he was really preachy with his veganism and this that and the other thing. I feel like he toned that down a ton from his past.

Also, I find his blackface thing and Scotty impressions hilarious, but I also find Dave Chapelle doing white face funny as fuck too. I just skew towards twisted humor and rarely find offense in much. I don't view their humor as intended with any malice behind it.

I actually enjoy watching Daniels vlogs and find him extremely entertaining to watch. I do think his drunken insanity in that one I poked fun at reminded me of a couple of other PCF meetup attendees from the past when they've imbibed too much and start going hog-wild, it was a bit "extra".

I also empathize with Daniel somewhat. Playing poker for a living can be an extremely lonely road for many. I also believe he is truly unhappy at his core. I think he adores Amanda, he's enamored with her, and I don't believe she reciprocates those feelings, and I believe he knows it, but won't admit it. I mean, you saw the blonde that Josh Arieh was with, you think she's attracted to him physically?

In addition I feel like his switch to GTO has hurt him somewhat. He's invested in the high roller events, but he's outclassed by the competition from a GTO standpoint. And when he jumps into the smaller buyin large field events his heart isn't in it, so he starts the events late and just plays 20 bigs deep when he could be using his great reading skills against the amateurs early in the events to build a massive stack and chip up.

Instead he's taking an approach where he doesn't have the chips to move people off hands and just has to hope he gets a hand AND it holds up.

If he would dial back his schedule and focus on events he truly has a passion for, but also incorporate some of his old small-ball and exploitative skills in fields filled with more amateurs, I think the results would be there.

Instead he puts himself on a non-stop schedule with mutliple events and bullets per day, while he's constantly hounded by fans anytime he has 5 minutes to go take a piss. That he composes himself in those situations and makes the fans feel appreciated and seen impresses the hell out of me, that amount of constant interruptions would be enough to send most people to the nuthouse, but he takes it in stride and is gracious to all who approach.

Lol, he actually doesn't annoy me, at least not anymore. He did in the past for sure when he was really preachy with his veganism and this that and the other thing. I feel like he toned that down a ton from his past.

Also, I find his blackface thing and Scotty impressions hilarious, but I also find Dave Chapelle doing white face funny as fuck too. I just skew towards twisted humor and rarely find offense in much. I don't view their humor as intended with any malice behind it.

I actually enjoy watching Daniels vlogs and find him extremely entertaining to watch. I do think his drunken insanity in that one I poked fun at reminded me of a couple of other PCF meetup attendees from the past when they've imbibed too much and start going hog-wild, it was a bit "extra".

I also empathize with Daniel somewhat. Playing poker for a living can be an extremely lonely road for many. I also believe he is truly unhappy at his core. I think he adores Amanda, he's enamored with her, and I don't believe she reciprocates those feelings, and I believe he knows it, but won't admit it. I mean, you saw the blonde that Josh Arieh was with, you think she's attracted to him physically?

In addition I feel like his switch to GTO has hurt him somewhat. He's invested in the high roller events, but he's outclassed by the competition from a GTO standpoint. And when he jumps into the smaller buyin large field events his heart isn't in it, so he starts the events late and just plays 20 bigs deep when he could be using his great reading skills against the amateurs early in the events to build a massive stack and chip up.

Instead he's taking an approach where he doesn't have the chips to move people off hands and just has to hope he gets a hand AND it holds up.

If he would dial back his schedule and focus on events he truly has a passion for, but also incorporate some of his old small-ball and exploitative skills in fields filled with more amateurs, I think the results would be there.

Instead he puts himself on a non-stop schedule with mutliple events and bullets per day, while he's constantly hounded by fans anytime he has 5 minutes to go take a piss. That he composes himself in those situations and makes the fans feel appreciated and seen impresses the hell out of me, that amount of constant interruptions would be enough to send most people to the nuthouse, but he takes it in stride and is gracious to all who approach.
1657415116226.gif

He’s definitely got himself all twisted up somehow. I don’t know what it is. But if I had one suggestion for him, it would be to chill out on the player of the year crap. You don’t need to play like a madman every day to win POY. You just need to luckbox your way into two bracelets.

He’s definitely got himself all twisted up somehow. I don’t know what it is. But if I had one suggestion for him, it would be to chill out on the player of the year crap. You don’t need to play like a madman every day to win POY. You just need to luckbox your way into two bracelets.

The thing is, I don't think ANYONE can tell Daniel anything. In his mind, he's doing everything right and he isn't willing to listen to others who might offer advice.

And to an extent, I get it. When you're as high-profile as he is and you've got people making all sorts of comments on his videos or on the internet in general, no-name PLO vloggers taking pot-shots with highly edited videos, etc. you tend to just shut it all out and view it all as noise.

The thing is, I don't think ANYONE can tell Daniel anything. In his mind, he's doing everything right and he isn't willing to listen to others who might offer advice.

And to an extent, I get it. When you're as high-profile as he is and you've got people making all sorts of comments on his videos or on the internet in general, no-name PLO vloggers taking pot-shots with highly edited videos, etc. you tend to just shut it all out and view it all as noise.
He seems to idolize Ivey. But I don’t know if he’d even listen to him. Not that it seems like Phil is in the advice business.

My guess would be it’s the initial yearning of attention from early success that morphs into something much larger than one may have expected.
It takes a lot of energy to stay so called “relevant” in living up to what one wants others to perceive them as.
At the end of the day, the guy is just a card player that’s been very successful at what he does on the felt. IMO, he ought just maybe leave it there and figure out something else to enjoy in his time off the felt.
All he has to do is win at poker, THAT’S IT! Anything else is just distraction that he brings upon himself and doesn’t seem to handle all that well at times.
It ain’t rocket science. Win on the felt, take your money and enjoy life. Be gracious and smile, it’s all he’s got to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom