Dal Negro Cards from Kardwell (1 Viewer)

Old State

Full House
Reaction score
In my recent card buying splurge I picked up two decks of Del Negro cards really cheap from Kardwell. They came in a clear case and are made of different material.

The one deck has thinner cards and the face cards have colored skin tone. The others are thicker and have B&W face cards.

The cards in both decks seemed to be coated with a tacky substance. I ended up wiping down each card with a damp rag and they are WAY better. Over all I like the cards though they have a very slight warp to them. The thinner deck looks very similar to Kems and almost feel like a rougher textured Kem card. The best graphics of any card I have.

Two questions: 1) has anyone experiences this tacky coating on Dal Negros? 2) what type of card material are these?

Here are pics.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 586
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 486
Never seen a tacky coating on any deck. Where these new?

I have had one setup of Dal Negros years ago. Two cards were ripped in the middle of a game, just like that. Never rebought...

Yes...in the wrappers. It was almost like a resin. While I was wiping it off I could feel it on my fingers.

Maybe that's why they were only $7.50 a setup. Took me 20 mins to clean them.. Worth it I guess since the cards are nice

They might have missed one of the last steps of the manufacturing process. Dal Negros are nice, even nicer for $8.

Apologies for bumping an almost 2-year old thread, but these are now on sale for $6.51/setup. Any opinion on which is better @Old State ?

Apologies for bumping an almost 2-year old thread, but these are now on sale for $6.51/setup. Any opinion on which is better @Old State ?

I wiped each card in both decks with a damp cloth and it removed the tackiness. The I prefer the ones on the left for looks but they took a slight bow. I believe both of them are a acetate as they have that hard rubber feel rather than brittle plasticity feel (don’t know how else to describe it)

I would store both like I do with Kems: upside down with a cut card and dealer button on both decks.

That said I rarely use either decks

I have a setup of the left, but they have the non-colored faces of the right. Probably my favorite cards in terms of feel so far - a papery feeling KEM if that makes sense.

I have a setup of the left, but they have the non-colored faces of the right. Probably my favorite cards in terms of feel so far - a papery feeling KEM if that makes sense.
Yeah same here. I had one setup of the brown/green with non colored faces. I think the design was called carpet or something weird like that? A great deck for sure. I prefer them over copag aesthetically.

Luckily I still have some brown box circle back KEMs in rotation, and a couple more unopened still. But next time I need to find more stock in bulk, I'll be hoping the green/brown Dal Negros from the OP are still around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom