Dads Gift Set (1 Viewer)

CMoreFlops

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey guys ... I’m new to site and this is my first post. I’m currently making a 500 chip CPC set for my dad and really need some help choosing between two mock ups. I don’t want to ask him and ruin the gift but I also value the input of chip “pros” lol. I’m new to this and I didn’t know it was such a costly passionate hobby . I making a Cali colores set and any honest input would be great..color concerns, edge spots and labels design reflections are all welcome. He host a monthly game and I know this will be a huge sep up from the chips uses now. Thanks in advance guys and just wanted to say I learned a lot about this process by lurking around this set and you guys have a great community going here. I have posted the front and back of each mock up and look forward to hearing back from you guys

Attachments

• 048F32F8-AA77-43C9-923C-F54E2F0AC077.png
    048F32F8-AA77-43C9-923C-F54E2F0AC077.png
    590 KB · Views: 233
  • 28B7B088-2D98-4250-9F83-F40CA2235A20.png
    28B7B088-2D98-4250-9F83-F40CA2235A20.png
    579.8 KB · Views: 216
  • F9D4C0C7-3990-48E2-8AAE-1356D99C3E32.png
    F9D4C0C7-3990-48E2-8AAE-1356D99C3E32.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 223
  • F925F48E-3B1C-4173-BDAB-0633961A7EEA.png
    F925F48E-3B1C-4173-BDAB-0633961A7EEA.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 234
Great job imo, I really like it.

The colour matched is my personal preference with regards to the inlays.

My only comment on the chips are that you might want to consider another spot, other than light blue on the $20, just to avoid any dirty stacks.

You could also consider arc yellow and tiger on the $5. Just to differentiate it a little bit from the chip that inspired it ;)

Yes, I would change the spot colours on your $20 to something that is farther away from the colours that appear on your $1.

Usually a Cali $20 is Black and $25 is Purple.

Nice design! I prefer the black inlay design of the two, I like the contrast. Agreed with others on the twenty edge spots, looks good individually but too many common colors within the set. I like the base color and spot pattern, maybe light green/retro green spots with the lavender base color.

I can 100% guarantee that $5 chip is fantastic in person and that spot progression works well haha.
View attachment 449822
thanks .. I meant no offense by taking the design of the 5 ...my dad and I were looking at some sets on this website and he commented on the yellow 5 .. in a way it’s what gave me the idea for the gift...ill play with the colors so it’s not a dead match if it offends you

My dads from Argentina so I really wanted to kinda have the flag for the purple as the edge spots.. will the dirty stack be issue that ruins the set of i keep it or any options that would work and keep the edge spot of the purple ?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks .. I meant no offense by taking the design of the 5 ...my dad and I were looking at some sets on this website and he commented on the yellow 5 .. in a way it’s what gave me the idea for the gift...ill play with the colors so it’s not a dead match if it offends you

My dads from Argentina so I really wanted to kinda have the flag for the purple as the edge spots.. will the dirty stack be issue that ruins the set of i keep it or any options that would work and keep the edge spot of the purple ?
Hahaha, not offended, I’m flattered! Sounds like it’s gonna be a special set for your dad, enjoy!

Those are great, can’t go wrong with either.

I like the color matched inlays more - black inlays bother me.
If you were looking at chips with your dad, did he seem to be more drawn to chips with black inlays or other ones?

I’m a black inlay guy usually, but I like the color matched as well

Welcome aboard! That's one of the best first posts ever. What a nice thing to do for your dad.

Your set looks great. My personal preference is the color-matched inlays. Some of the previous suggestions about spot colors seem good, too.

I’m not normally a fan of black inlays, but with the art work being so bright white and taking up a lot of real estate on the inlay it really works well and gives it better contrast than the color matching. It also works well for contrast with the bright colors of the chips as well.

Great job!

Thanks for all the input .. my dads póker game plays small stakes which is why the highest chip only goes to 20.. as I look around the site it looks like most sets are at least 5 different chips .. You guys think i should make a bigger chip or is that overkill ?

I have exactly one big chip in both of my sets. Will never see play, but used as card cappers in other games as well. Overkill, yes - but I’m ok with that

Thanks for all the input .. my dads póker game plays small stakes which is why the highest chip only goes to 20.. as I look around the site it looks like most sets are at least 5 different chips .. You guys think i should make a bigger chip or is that overkill ?
Sounds like 4 is the right amount for you.

my set had 4 chips when I placed the first order $1, $5, $20, $100.
I have since added a 25c, $25, $500 and a secondary $1.
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to add 20 $100 chips just in case they ever have a bigger game break out, or just to have to show off!

You don’t need to do it now though. You can add-on to the set for future gifts!

I can 100% guarantee that $5 chip is fantastic in person and that spot progression works well haha.
View attachment 449822
View attachment 449823
Hi, i'm new to PCF so excuse any dumb questions but i'm hear to learn. Did you make these? Depending on the cost i'd love to make something similar to this. Any help regarding the website, type of chip, etc.. would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys ... I’m new to site and this is my first post. I’m currently making a 500 chip CPC set for my dad and really need some help choosing between two mock ups. I don’t want to ask him and ruin the gift but I also value the input of chip “pros” lol. I’m new to this and I didn’t know it was such a costly passionate hobby . I making a Cali colores set and any honest input would be great..color concerns, edge spots and labels design reflections are all welcome. He host a monthly game and I know this will be a huge sep up from the chips uses now. Thanks in advance guys and just wanted to say I learned a lot about this process by lurking around this set and you guys have a great community going here. I have posted the front and back of each mock up and look forward to hearing back from you guys
Hi, i am new as well. What site are you using to make these?

Hi, i'm new to PCF so excuse any dumb questions but i'm hear to learn. Did you make these? Depending on the cost i'd love to make something similar to this. Any help regarding the website, type of chip, etc.. would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, i am new as well. What site are you using to make these?
CPC - Classic Poker Chips classicpokerchips.com , @David Spragg here on PCF. The best quality custom chip you can order

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom