DA VINCI Unicorn chips?

Moxie Mike

Flush
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these for a basic table game? Have 100 and they are not bad. Edge spots are great. Could do without a Unicorn but...$13 for 50 shipped
https://www.amazon.com/VINCI-Unicorn-Denomination-Authentic-Weighted/dp/B07YCW3DG1/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1QN5HSMHBWHHG&dchild=1&keywords=unicorn+poker+chips&qid=1593919388&sprefix=unicorn+poker,aps,157&sr=8-2
I've never heard of them... I'm assuming they're just cheap China Clays.

They don't look bad - the colors are a little muted though and 8.5 grams is a little light for my preferences but the price is right.

Do you have any specific questions about them or something?

Chef1231

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I guess I was just trying to find anyone that maybe could tell me if they were China clay or not and if they had anything with different logos. The Unicorn is not bad but not really what I would think would be on a poker chip either. LOL. I can not find much info on the brand or anything. I have tried searching but come up empty. The chip is a little light but not bad. I think I am just going to say forget it and buy 1,000 of them. That way I have a larger set of chips for big games and I can always spend more money on nicer chips for smaller games.

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the nexgen type of plastic chips feels better than china clays, but that’s probably not the general consensus here.

mtl mile end

Straight
Reaction score
Reread the OP and realized that you already have some. Please examine closely for a mold injection dimple. This is the only realistic way to determine if they are compressed (China Clay) or injection molded plastic.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe these are just a variant of Nexgen all plastic chips which you can probably find at about half the price elsewhere.
Correct. They are Injection-molded plastic (no metal slug) with adhesive-backed labels applied. Lightweight and relatively slippery, and certainly no bargain at 26c/chip. You could do worse I suppose, but you could also do a whole lot better. Cheap custom ceramics will outperform these by a mile for a similar price, and will look however you want them to look.

Please examine closely for a mold injection dimple. This is the only realistic way to determine if they are compressed (China Clay) or injection molded plastic.
China clays aren't compressed, they are injection-molded plastic with additives (the injection point is on one side of the chip under the label). The lies and myth that china clay chips are compressed (or even clay) was spread by two people who had financial motivations; neither are involved in chipping any longer.

mtl mile end

Straight
Reaction score
.........China clays aren't compressed, they are injection-molded plastic with additives (the injection point is on one side of the chip under the label). The lies and myth that china clay chips are compressed (or even clay) was spread by two people who had financial motivations; neither are involved in chipping any longer.
Cool, thanks. I just examined some CC blanks and spotted the dimple on one or two. I like the idea of dimple under label/inlay.

Top Bottom