CXLED HOUSE BEING SOLD - SQM 2021 - Large House Interest Thread - $80-100 per night

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Unfortunately since this home is being sold we're going to have to look into other options, just got the word this morning (Thurs Aug 20th) so back to the drawing board

sold.jpg

Since @k9dr has announced SQM 2021 tentatively I'm looking at the possibility of renting and sharing a large home for the event. Would need to fill the 7 beds to make it work, here's the details:

**ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING INSIDE THE HOUSE OR ON BALCONIES, OUTSIDE IN DRIVEWAY OK**

CHECK-IN: Tues Feb 16th, 2021
CHECK-OUT: Sun Feb 21st, 2021

Prices below are for the entirety of the stay, not per night. Regardless of when you plan to arrive or depart, you would need to pay the full cost of the bed you are taking. Prices are for the bed itself, so a couple is welcome to stay in the two private queens and pay the per bed cost. So potentially up to 11 people could be staying here. Up to 7 of them would need to share the 2 first floor bathrooms. Those staying in the private 2nd and 3rd floor rooms would enjoy private bathrooms.

3rd Floor:

Master bedroom & private bathroom, private balcony - Anthony & Jenn - $700

2nd Floor:

Private Queen bed & private bath & balcony, adjoins video room - $625

Interested:

Schmendrick
Double Eagle

1st Floor:

Private bedroom with Queen Bed (private bath but would be shared with others on 1st floor) - $550

Interested:

TheBigTater
Double Eagle

Bedroom with two twins and private bath (bath would be shared with others on 1st floor) - $475

Interested: BarrieJ

Bedroom with Queen and two bunks with port windows overlooking Tampa Bay - $475

Interested:

Darson
Double Eagle (queen bed)

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION:

Private canal home 5 Bedroom/ 5 Bath with private pool, maximum sustained occupancy of 12 people. This gorgeous three story home in the city of Anna Maria is an easy walk from Pine Avenue and the City Pier, with direct water views, front and rear, from all living spaces.

With 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 4 balconies, 3 living areas, an elevator, and a heated salt water pool, you have everything you need for a memorable, relaxing vacation. The house is equipped with a third floor master suite featuring a king sized bed, walk-in closet, over-sized shower, spa tub, and its own balcony with table and chairs. Another bedroom with queen bed and bath adjoins a video room with a balcony overlooking Tampa Bay and the Skyway Bridge.

There are three bedrooms on the main floor. The rear bedroom has a queen bed, private bathroom, with a balcony overlooking the canal. The middle bedroom, next to the laundry room, has two twin beds and private bath. The front bedroom has a queen bed and two bunk beds. The bunks nestle into a nook with both beds having its own "port hole" overlooking Tampa Bay.

The property has a new dock where you can park a small boat (up to 25'), a few steps from the heated salt water pool and barbecue area. The kitchen is a chefs dream with a restaurant quality gas cook top, plenty of prep space, wine fridge, all stainless appliances, farm sink, island, and separate bar, where you can sit looking out over the canal after a long day at the beach.

With seven TVs, including the 70" in the third floor video room, cable, internet, and two DVRs, there's plenty to do after the sun goes down.

Includes linens, towels, beach towels, chairs, pool toys, pots, pans, fully equipped kitchen. Includes at least the following: one roll of paper per bathroom, hotel- style soaps, shampoos, etc, coffee filters, one roll paper towels, some laundry soap. Pets are Not allowed.

NOTES:

Currently this is an interest-only thread to see if there's enough folks to make this feasible/affordable. If you are interested please respond to this thread and include which bed you would want. If there is greater interest than space available I'll do some sort of random poker related showdown (PLO or one-card showdown, etc) between those interested to be fair.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Last edited:

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested, same as least year. Although I didn't realize exactly how little time you spend at the house, so I might also be happy sleeping on the front lawn.

If you want the third floor master, you better book before @Jonesey07 :whistle: :whistling:

edit: I'd be interested in solo rooms, need to see if Wife will be coming.

2nd edit: If wife isn't coming, can I couch it?

Last edited:

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We stayed in this house last SQM, fantastic place.

Put me down tenativly for:
Private bedroom with Queen Bed (private bath but would be shared with others on 1st floor) - $550

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I prefer private bed & bath (2nd floor) but will only consider it if @BarrieJ3 releases dibs.

Nobody has dibs, if there is more interested than can fit would do a random draw to be fair

I messaged Jonesy though, guess this was his spot last year and don't want to steal it from him if he was planning on it again

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer private bed & bath (2nd floor) but will only consider it if @BarrieJ3 releases dibs.
Lol private queen room is only $15-$30 more a night then sleeping in a bunk bed sharing room with 3 people, but I'm young, give me a smaller bed.

@Schmendr1ck who's gonna tell me when it's my turn and rake all my pots in if you're not there! Room is yours. Anthony throw me in one of the two twins instead for now!

The pricing is dependent on us filling all 8 beds yeah?

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Lol private queen room is only $15-$30 more a night then sleeping in a bunk bed sharing room with 3 people.

@Schmendr1ck who's gonna tell me when it's my turn and rake all my pots in if you're not there! Room is yours. Anthony throw me in one of the two twins instead for now!

Yes, depends on filling all 8 beds

I'm open to discussion on pricing distribution, just kinda slapped something together quickly

Schmendr1ck

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol private queen room is only $15-$30 more a night then sleeping in a bunk bed sharing room with 3 people, but I'm young, give me a smaller bed.

I'm afraid that after a few drinks, you'll probably forget which floor you're on. I'm fine with a little drunken snuggling except that we both like to be the big spoon.

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, depends on filling all 8 beds

I'm open to discussion on pricing distribution, just kinda slapped something together quickly
Naw you're good. Was just saying Queens makes sense for folks to want. Schmendy needs it, we need him rested. Unless someone else wants to run tables and herd all us damn cats together.

@Schmendr1ck how many times are you gonna yell towards the kitchen, "Barrie it's on you," and get back "Okay thanks! Call whatever it is," this year? I'll keep it to single digits.

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that after a few drinks, you'll probably forget which floor you're on. I'm fine with a little drunken snuggling except that we both like to be the big spoon.
Oh this is gonna be a blast. I'm so looking forward to this already. Going to be even that much more fun going into my second year having met everyone.

Lil Tuna

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m probably going to stay where I stayed last time. It’s about a 10 minute walk to @k9dr s place and a 2 minute walk to the beach.
My girlfriend likes to go to the beach and she made some friends from Ohio last visit that she hung out with while we gambled.
I can also cancel within 7 days and get a full refund but will probably plan on taking the winter vacation
even if there is no poker.

Schmendr1ck

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw you're good. Was just saying Queens makes sense for folks to want. Schmendy needs it, we need him rested. Unless someone else wants to run tables and herd all us damn cats together.
My large ass needs a large bed. :yawn::dead:

Plus, to be honest, I love being social but it drains my batteries. So after 15-16 hours of poker, I need a few hours of solitude to recharge each night.

@Schmendr1ck how many times are you gonna yell towards the kitchen, "Barrie it's on you," and get back "Okay thanks! Call whatever it is," this year? I'll keep it to single digits.
I'm going to set the o/u at 9 then.

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody has dibs, if there is more interested than can fit would do a random draw to be fair

@Anthony Martino I failed to read this line. What kind of weird random draw are you talking about? Never seen an AirB&B done this way. :unsure:

I would suggest you wrap this part up quickly as people need to lock up accomodations fairly early to get plans set.

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
@Anthony Martino I failed to read this line. What kind of weird random draw are you talking about? Never seen an AirB&B done this way. :unsure:

I would suggest you wrap this part up quickly as people need to lock up accomodations fairly early to get plans set.

I was worried this would fill really quickly and didn't want someone who missed the thread by a day or two to get penalized if that was the case, so figured a poker hand showdown of some sort would be the fairest way, wasn't something I intended to drag out for months or anything

Although K9dr mentioned to make sure this is something we can cancel just in case

I believe this place is cancel within 48 hrs of booking for full refund, but after that only 50% refund, gotta double check when I'm on my PC

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Alright here is the cancellation policy, it's a bit confusingly written because it states you have to cancel within 48 hours for a full refund, but then also mentions 14 days prior to check-in for a full refund?

cancel.png

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Got another hiccup. Had seen originally the booking details said reservations had to begin or end on a Saturday, with few exceptions. Sent the host a message and just got this

Screenshot_20200820-090222_Gmail.jpg

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have two days from time of making the reservation to cancel it with no penalty.

Anthony Martino

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Updated the OP, since the home is being sold we're going to have to go back to the drawing board, sorry everyone! :(

Top Bottom