Customer table and poker room journey (2 Viewers)

MoT519

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a newly built house about 3 years ago with a basement. The basement was just a finished room w/ plumbing setup for a sink. These pictures show the journey of the basement from the empty finished room to a poker room.

This is the first poker table I've built. I finished it just before Covid started, finally getting around to posting some pictures....

Type....I meant "Custom"...not "Customer" in the title! :)

Last edited:
Mounted a TV, installed some cabinets from Home Depot, added 2 wine fridges from wayfair. I removed some of the drawers from the wine fridges and added plexiglass so I could use it as a beer/wine fridge combo. Also built some shelves to hold bourbon.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 231
Started building the 10 person table in the garage. I designed it by taking bits and pieces from all the great info on this forum. I bought the pedestal legs off Amazon....they are beasts! Rest is just plywood from home depot. I completely butchered the cutting of the foam.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 157
Your "customer" will be very happy with that! So will your players! Good looking space.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Got a custom cloth from @T_Chan Can't thank him enough for his help on designing it and also for his help on how to build in the suited diffuser I got from him.

First time doing any upholstery....I didn't do a very good job, but I'm happy with it for now.

I also built a stand w/ wheels to help get the base stored away in the closet when the table is not being used.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 178
I added a rug because the wood floor blended in too much w/ the legs.

Bought some chairs from stackchairs4less.com Not the best chairs, but they are comfy and they stack so I can put everything away in the closet when I'm not hosting a game.

I love the way the custom cloth turned out....it's dull enough to allow chips to pop, but still has some thing to look at.

I added a chip tray into the drawer...holds enough chips for a 10 person cash game.

I got some nails of a buffalo....was a huge pain in the ass measuring and nailing them in. Not sure exactly why I went with a buffalo, but seemed rustic at the time.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 250
Here is a full room with the finished table, finished bar area. I added a folding table to put food on. Also built a little pub table that I put behind the couch.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 258
Next step....get a set of chips that aren't such a hodge podge!

Very nice room, congrats!!

How cold can you get the wine fridges?
Down to 40 degrees. It's dual zone, I have the top set to 45 for the IPA, lighter beer, white wine and 60 for the dark beer/red wine. I'm not a big beer guy, so not sure what's optimal. I focus more on the bourbon. But either way, lots of drinking at my poker games.

I added color coding to the pedestal bases so I could take the base off the legs. And started moving the 4 pieces (2x legs, base, and rails) to the basement.
Table looks awesome and so does the basement! Well done. Thx for sharing the journey

I've been thinking fo building a poker table as well. The colour and felt on yours go really well together. Great choice. Question on the above quote...4 pieces? I understand the two legs but am struggling to understand the "base and rails" comment. Do you have any pics to help me understand what the two pieces you're referring to are?

Basement looks awesome!! We don't have basements in Texas, very price to build with house, too much clay in the soil. Great job on the table! Wish I could convert my media room into a poker room but alas, the wife won't permit that.

Table looks awesome and so does the basement! Well done. Thx for sharing the journey

I've been thinking fo building a poker table as well. The colour and felt on yours go really well together. Great choice. Question on the above quote...4 pieces? I understand the two legs but am struggling to understand the "base and rails" comment. Do you have any pics to help me understand what the two pieces you're referring to are?
The base is the heavy piece that has the lighting and the playing surface. Here is the base + the 2 legs. These go together with 8 hex bolts.
014.JPG

These rails are just the light piece of wood that have the foam, cup holders.
016.JPG

Most people probably leave the rails attached to the base at all times. I decided to bolt mine together so I could take it apart for easier storage.

I had to take it apart this weekend for my daughters bday, I'll take some pics when I'm putting it back together.

I brought the table out of storage and setup it back up....thought I would share some pics of the assembly....took about 40 minutes start to finish.

The legs are about 60lbs each so relatively easy to move around. The table base holder do-hicky has wheels...it's just narrow enough to fit through standard doorways so I rolled it right out of the storage closet.
Assembly1.jpg

Another angle of the table base and the do-hicky. Table is bolted to the holder using 4 bolts.
Assembly2.jpg

Here is the table base resting on the legs.

Assembly3.jpg

This is a solo job. Not much lifting required to get it all the way onto the legs.
Assembly4.jpg

Unscrew the 4 bolts and do-hicky comes off.
Assembly6.jpg

Here are rails in the closet hanging on a couple of hooks.
Assembly7.jpg

I bolted on 2 pieces of scrap wood to the rails...that's where I looped a little piece of wire to hang into the hooks on the walls.
Assembly8.jpg

The rails are really light....take the scrap wood off and goes right on the table. I attach to the table using bolts.

Assembly9.jpg

And the table is back together in about 30-40 minutes. No help needed from anyone else. Taking it apart takes a little less time.

I do need to build a topper so I don't have to put it away as often. But, that space is also used for a ping pong table and other kid stuff, so I would have to put it away in the closet a couple of times a year minimum. I hope that's helpful to anyone that is customizing their own table!

Hi and great looking table! I am starting my first table this weekend but will only have folding legs, goal down the road is to get one on a fixed base. Love the locking drawer idea. How high is bottom of drawer to the floor, hit your legs at all?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom