Custom size birdcage mfr?

Reaction score
I had 3d printed racks made (thanks again Ken) for my 600 44mm CPC's that will arrive in Aug/Sept. The racks turned out great, however they are a 4x25 layout, which means they're too wide for any birdcages I've come across.

When stacked up three racks tall with chips, the dimensions are 7⅝”L x 3⅝”W x 6” H. Obviously the overall width of the birdcage doubles with the additional 3 racks on the other side, plus the width of the handle running inbetween.

I've done some searching and saw vague references to custom birdcages. In a perfect world I'd love to have the birdcage made of polycarb with some sort of UV protection to prevent chip color fade, but beggars can't be choosers -- i'll take what I can get if the fit is right.

And before someone suggests, I'm not interested in using different racks, I've invested too much time and effort into these.

IMG_3484.jpg

Anybody have any suggestions?

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get a quote from your local acrylic fabricator.

I know that @T_Chan is planning to use an outfit to make some thicker-than-normal cages, but even in a run of 30-50 it won't come cheap.

Reaction score
@allforcharity - thank you for that information. I'll give T-Chan an opportunity to respond on this thread or I'll reach out to him via PM in a day or two.

I don't expect it to be cheap. Between the chips, the racks (and the real gold paint for the lettering on the racks), and the custom dealer button, I'm over $3k already. I want this to be the last set I ever buy, so I don't mind investing in protection.

Anyone else please feel free to chime in!

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you considered using a non-birdcage solution, especially if going for UV protection? Claysmith, Versa, and similar hard case solutions may be a bit easier to find.

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Polycarbonate is do-able though my source actually advised me against using it since it scratches a lot easier than acrylic.

Reaction score
@T_Chan - I hadn’t considered that, I had only suggested polycarb because of stories of acrylic cases cracking. I would take either material

allforcharity mentioned you were planning to use an outfit to make some thicker-than-normal cages - is that something i could get in on (at the dimensions I mentioned)? Or do you have a suggestion on who I should contact?

Thank you!

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I've noticed that most acrylic birdcages that crack have very thin side walls. I made some recently that had 1/2" thick acrylic, but I'm toning that down to 3/8" which is still thicker than most birdcages. Sure, send me a PM and I can get something fabricated for you. I've been dragging my feet on this project a bit.

Top Bottom