Custom Round Topper review (1 Viewer)

Kensco

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve wanted a 48” round PCF topper for some time, but the chances of a group buy for such a niche desire just isn’t in the cards, so I went looking for a one-off solution and ended up with this:

44" diameter. The color is little washed out in this picture, a testament to the crappiness of my phone camera:

20220426_131927.jpg

The color reproduction is great:

20220426_132150.jpg

Same thickness as a CT topper:

20220426_132521.jpg

20220426_152049.jpg

This was the submitted artwork (in .ai format):
Ken Scott Clown Round Topper_Final edit.png

Pros:

Custom design

Can order a single mat

Print quality is great / colors are vibrant

Seller responded quickly to inquiries & provided unsolicited updates

Cons:

Roughly a 3 month turnaround (ordered Feb 7th / delivered Apr 26th)

Cost: $109.32 shipped

Neither Pro nor Con:

2 ½ mm thickness (our old “normal” before @Tommy spoiled us)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This business had two pricing tiers on round mats; up to 36” diameter, and then up to 48” diameter. I went with 44” diameter.

They specialize in gaming (role playing?) mats and appear to have a lot of pre-printed rectangular and square offerings, but custom is an option. I suspect his is a one-man operation and the printing is done overseas. I think he does receive and re-ship so, technically, not a drop-shipping scenario.

I’m extremely pleased with the final product. Initially there was a bit of sticker shock but I rationalized it away with the consideration it’s a one-off custom and the price is a fraction of a single rack of many chips.

This business is not a vendor here so I won’t list the site address in this thread, if you are interested I’ll share the info via PM.

[...]This business is not a vendor here so I won’t list the site address in this thread, if you are interested I’ll share the info via PM.
Is this a thing? @Tommy
I had no idea. :x

That topper looks dope! :love:

I'm in the process of ordering a rectangular topper from an european vendor (3mm, sewn edges) and I'll let you know how that turned out as well.

@Kensco Wow, that looks great! Is everything dye-sublimation printed?

As long the person not affiliate with the company, it's not an issue. I think he is just being courteous to our site vendors.

It is dye sublimation, a real quality print job.

And yes, I am being courteous to our site vendors who pay to have their ad space here. While at the same time I am willing to share the info privately with the membership. :tup:

It's just not fair to our paid vendors to list this vendor in a thread where it will reside, for free, in perpetuity. Hopefully this business will receive enough inquiries in the short term that he will look at becoming a paid vendor.

I’ve wanted a 48” round PCF topper for some time, but the chances of a group buy for such a niche desire just isn’t in the cards, so I went looking for a one-off solution and ended up with this:

44" diameter. The color is little washed out in this picture, a testament to the crappiness of my phone camera:

View attachment 903086

The color reproduction is great:

View attachment 903087

Same thickness as a CT topper:

View attachment 903088

View attachment 903090

This was the submitted artwork (in .ai format):
View attachment 903092

Pros:

Custom design

Can order a single mat

Print quality is great / colors are vibrant

Seller responded quickly to inquiries & provided unsolicited updates

Cons:

Roughly a 3 month turnaround (ordered Feb 7th / delivered Apr 26th)

Cost: $109.32 shipped

Neither Pro nor Con:

2 ½ mm thickness (our old “normal” before @Tommy spoiled us)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This business had two pricing tiers on round mats; up to 36” diameter, and then up to 48” diameter. I went with 44” diameter.

They specialize in gaming (role playing?) mats and appear to have a lot of pre-printed rectangular and square offerings, but custom is an option. I suspect his is a one-man operation and the printing is done overseas. I think he does receive and re-ship so, technically, not a drop-shipping scenario.

I’m extremely pleased with the final product. Initially there was a bit of sticker shock but I rationalized it away with the consideration it’s a one-off custom and the price is a fraction of a single rack of many chips.

This business is not a vendor here so I won’t list the site address in this thread, if you are interested I’ll share the info via PM.
I love your art.

Thanks for the review I just placed a custom order to go with my Club 72 set. Apparently the colours will print out darker than this mockup:

- 90% black background
- 75% black words/stars
- 50% black bet line.

The chips going to have extra pop using it!

sa_c72_layour_round.jpg

How do the cards slide of their material?

Sorry for the delay Lou, I had turned off notification on this thread.

Cards (paper and plastic) slide as well on this topper as they do on the CT topper and the PCF topper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom