Custom Poker Room - Paulson or CPC (1 Viewer)

Creating a custom chip set from scratch, would you rather?

• Total voters

Av8tion

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm kinda torn between:

-Ordering from CPC, waiting up to a year, and paying over $3/chip for something with limited resale value and zero chance of getting extras if i want to expand the collection (due to differences between batches), the upside being I would have my own unique set unlike anything else using exactly the colors and edge spotting I want.

and

-Paying $1-2/chip for a set of Paulsons with colors and edge spotting I like, then having them relabeled. Whenever I wanted to add to the collection, all I need to do is watch eBay or this forum. I could order and add to the collection gradually, and additions would arrive in days or weeks, not months or years. Also, if I wanted to create another set or rotate into something different, Paulsons never lose their value. The problem is you have to find a color/edge design you like and it won't really be as "uniquely you" as a fully custom from the ground up set.

What would you do, and why?

The eternal struggle...

Let me know when you find the secret to life chips.

EDIT: or just get both.

Paulson. If you become disinterested in the hobby it'll be easier to divest.

Wait for a Chip Room sale and you'll get a fantastic deal.

CPC is just plain too expensive.

If Cost and Resale value arent taken into consideration, it’s CPC. When you look at the situation as a whole, I think Paulsons are the way to go.

Think its Paulson's.

There is something to be said about getting your whole order, and quantity done one time though.

The CPC option takes out the factor of luck. It's a much more rational and stress-free approach.

You may have to wait even more (without ever knowing how long), pray, beg, buy and sell several hundreds of chips, and/or eventually pay much more than for a CPC set if you go the second-hand Paulson route. Again, this may be hard but still feasible in North America (not much of an option for members on other continents).
Of course, money buys everything. With a ridiculous amount to spend, you can have some turn-key grail Paulson set (certainly more expensive than CPC).

If depreciation of custom chips is an issue, buy off-the-shelf CPCs (Rounders, Atlantic Club etc) or Key Wests.
Or, even, make a custom CPC set using their generic label (which is pretty nice, by the way).

C) Both

I own a CPC set and a full Paulson relabel set, I love them both. The CPCs feel more “custom” and personal, I spent months picking the exact colors, progression and inlays. With Paulsons you’re always going to be limited to choosing from the best of what others have designed, however you can put together some pretty fantastic lineups still, and in the “Feel” category Paulson THC will always > All others.

Also, to get the exact chips you want for a perfect lineup, especially if mint, you’ll be looking to spend between $1-5/chip realistically if you want some rarer colors/spots for hi denoms.

Forgot to mention that I too have both and adore both.
The Paulson relabel endeavour cost more per chip and took longer to complete.

I'm thinking for the cash set I'm just going to fly to Vegas and raid Aria for a couple racks of 1s... that way it's only 1.30 per chip if you wanted a baller custom chip...

Definitely both!

I have a custom CPC cash and tournament set and just placed an order for another one.

I also have a Paulson THC set that I have custom labels for.

I will say the CPC option is by far the easier of the two options.

Design the chips and inlay, write a check and wait.

The Paulson is a lot of work to remove the existing inlay yourself and is much more expensive than CPC if you pay someone else to do it for you.

My custom CPC sets cost a little under $3/chip on average.

and if you are wanting a tournament set CPC is much less expensive option if you want edge spots and traditional tournament colors. Those chips will cost you a fortune for Paulsons.

Also I have done an add-on of my $5 chip from CPC and I can’t see any color variations.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom