Custom Poker Mat? (1 Viewer)

Nanook

Full House
Reaction score
I have searched many of the table mat threads and have seen many suggestions, but have not yet found discussion of anyone making their own mat and what materials are the best to use. For a variety of reasons I am interested in making my own as I think if I made it would come out nicer than a store bought one and I might want a custom printed felt/speed cloth etc on it. At the very least I want something that looks classy, fits my table perfectly, works well and can be rolled up and tossed under a bed somewhere.

If anyone has suggestions or can find a Poker Mat thread with build instructions I sure would appreciate the help!

Do you mean neoprene? I contacted a place in France that was mentioned on the forum and got no response. There was also a US place but they only cut rectangles.

If not a drawstring solution with cloth over padding works well according to @Poker Zombie and I think so too. Maybe that would work with chanman suede too?

Do you mean neoprene? I contacted a place in France that was mentioned on the forum and got no response. There was also a US place but they only cut rectangles.

If not a drawstring solution with cloth over padding works well according to @Poker Zombie and I think so too. Maybe that would work with chanman suede too?
If neoprene works best then yes. If there is something else that works better then I guess I am up for that too. I suppose I could buy one off Amazon or what not, but that likely isn't going to get me to a size that fits my table perfectly. If I did go that route then I would certainly want to buy some sort of custom cloth/felt/etc & glue it on there. Still might have issues around the edges as I don't want edges fraying...

I had not seen that. Looks like a bit of work, but seems like an excellent solution.
Ya I actually prefer this over neoprene.

Fraying at the sides may be an issue without the padded rail and this isn't in my plan. I'm hoping the high quality felt with a billiard table brush will hold up over time.

@T_Chan do you think a custom suited speed cloth or gaming suede topper without a rail would fray over time as people lean on it with long sleeve shirts, etc.?

Not sure, sorry. Never used a cloth without a rail like that before. Gaming suede is much less prone to fraying than SSC though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom