Didn't really do a write-up, it's something like:
1. I used inkscape to make vectors of all my graphics, and sized them so that they would be maximum quality when printed. I then exported my completed label sheets (I got 65 1" labels per sheet) and turned them into BMPs. I then did test prints on regular paper, making tweaks until I was sure the labels would be sized perfectly for my chips. As seen in the image below, each label has a grey circle outside the label area to aid in centering the punch.
2. Print out my HD labels image (2550x3300 pixels per sheet) onto 8.5x11 laser printer compatible adhesive vinyl. I chose laser because I was worried inkjet might smear, and my wife has free use of a professional quality laser printer at work. This is the vinyl I chose: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09B28DBDG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
3. Cut my laminate material into 8.5x11 sheets, and apply it to the printed sheets, being careful to allow no bubbles between sheets. The laminate I got was 3m and came on a roll. It was not advertised as 3m, but had markings on it to indicate that. This is the stuff I used, it's glossy but I'd have preferred matte if I could have found it: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09HL5GC1R?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
4. I found a piece of thick-walled steel tubing close to the right size for my labels. I carefully filed, sharpened, and shaped it until it was making the exact size circle I needed. This took awhile to dial in, but it worked great. You can see it in the pics in this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/you-guys-decide.102594/
5. I made an anvil table. Basically this was a 4"x4"x30" length of timber that ran continuous from the concrete floor to the underside of my plywood work surface, so that every hammer blow while punching was as efficient as possible, no wiggle at all. I put a "T" set of legs on it just to balance it upright, then routered out a square in the top of the work surface directly over the 4x4 for a 1/4" thick, 2" square of lexan (polycarbonate plastic) to hammer into. I found this was the perfect surface to punch into to make very crisp punches. The lexan was sacrificial and had to be replaced every sheet or 2, but it was very worth the hassle.
6. Put in earplugs. Hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen, hammer and punch and sharpen. You get the idea. For HOURS and HOURS.
All in all it was a very fun project, and I did over 2800 pro-quality labels for under a hundred bucks, if you don't count money I spent experimenting. Under $200 Canadian even with the failures and experiments in the beginning. I'd definitely do it again.