Custom Inlay Design (1 Viewer)

TomC727

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Since placing my 2000 chip order from CPC, I’ve been toying with the idea of having them do custom inlays with denominations.
Do any of you have recommendations on where to go to design them.

I’m thinking of something similar to these rough draft designs.

I’m thinking of either a small baseball with denomination in middle, or big baseball in middle with denomination on bottom. I’m leaning away from my last name card room with baseball at top and denomination in bottoms.
My card room/basement will have an extremely heavy baseball theme with a lot of memorabilia on the walls.
B65340B7-51DA-4DD2-9750-86ADBC88D063.jpeg

really appreciate any input.

Definitely hire a professional designer to help you get a finished inlay. You are spending a lot of money on the chip going with CPC, take the time to nail the inlay.

Baseball theme names of the top of my head:

The Diamond Club
The Dugout
Club House ( but that maybe taken already ;))

Have an infield in the background, name across the top and denomination on the pitchers mound.

Just some spitballing ideas.

Check with @p5woody @Quicksilver-75 @timinater for design help

The thread is moot. I emailed CPC and found out that my chips are in production (**dancing**).

I now have an excuse to buy more later on. Lollol.

The thread is moot. I emailed CPC and found out that my chips are in production (**dancing**).

I now have an excuse to buy more later on. Lollol.

Did you order blanks? That's what I'm getting from your original post. If so, you can always mock up a design, finalize it and send it to Gear for labels to attach to your chips.

Nice! General rule of thumb going forward when you start working on your next custom set: always have your mockup done first before submitting to CPC. That way, they can do your inlays and chips in one go.

I was 100% sure I wanted blanks when I submitted over a month ago but I had some ideas for inlays the last couple days. It’s no problem.

I was 100% sure I wanted blanks when I submitted over a month ago but I had some ideas for inlays the last couple days. It’s no problem.

You could do a baseball themed hot stamp on them after you receive them. Crossed bats with a ball on one side, denomination on the other. Contact @AK Chip if you are interested in doing that.

Just for the hell of it, I designed a cash set based on the Chicago White Sox team colors throughout the years. Would definitely design an inlay around the baseball theme.
0B9D9633-B8C2-45C9-A624-023A7CFB3669.jpeg

Thoughts?

Will be an order down the road.

Got to say a statement some of you guys might know if it is true or not. If you get blank chips with edge spots with no inlay I don't think CPC would mill those chips even if you asked them to include it in the price. Is that correct? So Gear would not work unless you pay him to Mill the chips and label them, but at that point you might as well get CPC chips with inlays.

How about your $1 being a big baseball? Use a White base with 414 Red edge spots, and do as big an inlay as possible that connects two pairs of red spots with a red stitching graphic?

That sounds great.

Since it’s my basement, I love the idea of The Dugout. Since I already ordered 2000 CPC chips, I may wait a while before dropping more money.

Another option down the road is having my 2000 CPC blank chips milled and labeled.

Maybe in 6 months to a year.

Got to say a statement some of you guys might know if it is true or not. If you get blank chips with edge spots with no inlay I don't think CPC would mill those chips even if you asked them to include it in the price. Is that correct? So Gear would not work unless you pay him to Mill the chips and label them, but at that point you might as well get CPC chips with inlays.

Yes. True. Pricing gear, it would be far cheaper to just design new CPC chips with inlays, which I probably will do in the next year (500 chip cash game set instead of the monster 1000 chip cash and tournament set I designed).

When I emailed Dave a couple days ago to inquire about doing inlays, he replied that my order was in production and it wasn’t an option to do inlays anymore. I was definitely fine with this. I was just excited to find out my chips were in production. I thought it would take over 6 months.

Like I said, just an excuse to buy more later on.

Definitely hire a professional designer to help you get a finished inlay. You are spending a lot of money on the chip going with CPC, take the time to nail the inlay.

Baseball theme names of the top of my head:

The Diamond Club
The Dugout
Club House ( but that maybe taken already ;))

Have an infield in the background, name across the top and denomination on the pitchers mound.

Just some spitballing ideas.

Check with @p5woody @Quicksilver-75 @timinater for design help

I second Rhodeman77's comments. Get a professional Designer. I do think @Quicksilver-75 has retired from Designing. (Steve correct me if I am wrong). @p5woody is a Great Designer on here. His artwork always looks great. @timinater is my designer and he is an awesome guy to deal with and I love my designs.

One thing I would say that I like is I would make the whole Inlay a baseball with the seams running along the sides of the Inlay. I don't like a small baseball on the chip. But that is my opinion. Everyone should do what they like.

Last edited:
I second Rhodeman77's comments. Get a professional Designer. I do think @Quicksilver-75 has retired from Designing. (Steve correct me if I am wrong). @p5woody is a Great Designer on here. His artwork always looks great. @timinater is my designer and he is an awesome guy to deal with and I love my designs.

One thing I would say that I like is I would make the whole Inlay a baseball with the seams running along the sides of the Inlay. I don't like a small baseball on the chip. But that is my opinion. Everyone should do what they like.
I’m still here but not taking on any ground-up designing. I’m still helping past members with previous designs. Even with that, it takes me a bit longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom