Custom Hot Stamping interest thread (aka should I buy Monkeydog's hot stamping machine?) (1 Viewer)

kaimat

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm talking to @monkeydog about purchasing his hot stamping machine. I wanted to make a quick thread just to gauge general interest. I'd try to price everything to be very fair for members, with the idea being this is a way to give back to the community. Having said that, I don't want to wind up just out of a lot of money, so I'd like the jobs to pay for the machine, as well as a little bit for the time I put into this.

If you'd be interested in having chips hot stamped, please post below with an estimate of your total chips to stamp.

(This isn't locking anyone into anything, just helps me see if this would be worthwhile.)

I have been trying to add on to a set, there are around 400 chips to be done. The struggle will be obtaining the dies, which now sit with two different people, so "it's complicated."

I suppose the question for me would be "are there some high quality blanks to be gotten"? CPC would be the best source, I reckon. I've never heard anything good come of re-stamping a milled chip, unfortunately.

May have an interest here down the road (currently in need of a transmission prior to custom hot stamps :()

How long does it take to hot stamp 1000 chips..... both sides? How much is your time worth? Fortunately $1500 is not a lot of money, but have you figured how many chips it is going to take to make your investment back? It sounds incredibly time consuming and tedious stamping thousands of chips for a few bucks an hour. Thats after you burn thru a bunch of chip blanks practicing. Don't do it unless you really enjoy the challenge of learning something new and don't expect to make any money in your endeavor. I could be milling chips on my cnc but my time is worth more than folks are willing to pay for me to be milling thousands of chips .... I would rather be out playing golf or fishing.

From my end, I've already done a design for a hotstamp set I want to make.
Princess_CatHouse.png

All chips would have this stamp on one side and the denom on the other side.

My order would be 450-600 chips.

I've asked to the new owners of the Unicorn chips if it would be possible to process such an order.
We'll see their answer.

If only faux clay could take a hot stamp...

It's not hotstamp but I've already seen here on PCF a "laser" printing on these chips with some pretty results.

View attachment 340287

I've asked to the new owners of the Unicorn chips if it would be possible to process such an order.
We'll see their answer.

It's not hotstamp but I've already seen here on PCF a "laser" printing on these chips with some pretty results.
Do you know if they have the actual unicorn blanks?

Do you know if they have the actual unicorn blanks?

I asked for Unicorn with hotstmap and they told me that they haven't use the hotstamp machine they got from PGI and that I'm the first one to ask.
So I guess so. I'll ask to be sure.

I asked for Unicorn with hotstmap and they told me that they haven't use the hotstamp machine they got from PGI and that I'm the first one to ask.
Ok I have 600 each rack in different color, I'd like to get more racks of same colors. I put in a quote today for a local Minuteman, they said they can do it. My guess is it's going to cost more than new Paulsons lol. 10¢ chips with $5 hot stamps

I asked as well, a few months ago. Was told by Gene that they will not be ready to stamp any time soon.

Ok I have 600 each rack in different color, I'd like to get more racks of same colors. I put in a quote today for a local Minuteman, they said they can do it. My guess is it's going to cost more than new Paulsons lol. 10¢ chips with $5 hot stamps

For the cash set I want to make, it'd be :

Red 25c
Light Blue $1
Arc Yellow $5
Black $20

And for the cash set :
Day-Glo Green T25
Grey T100
Royal Blue T500
Yellow T1000
Pink T5000

I asked as well, a few months ago. Was told by Gene that they will not be ready to stamp any time soon.

So he confirmed me that he has both the unicorns and the stamping machine but he does not plan to put them together soon.

View attachment 340287

My order would be 450-600 chips.

We'll see their answer.

My laser guy flaked out and is basically MIA but we talk occasionally. He has about 600 cpc blanks but no time to do them. Same with my hotstamp guy lol, but he sent the chips back.

If anyone has access to a laser engraving person, I'm interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom