Custom felt design help (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a custom printed felt from ChanMan in the near future. It will be replacing my existing felt. I just started brainstorming ideas. I am pretty wide open at this point. I have two requirements, the name Woody in it and would like to include woody woodpecker smoking a cigar. These are just quick mockups, fonts, colors, exact placement all need to be tweeked. Looking for ideas and input on current designs.

A little background
I host a monthly game in my basement. We play low stakes $40 buyin cash games and $30 dollar tournaments. Basement is nothing fancy, it is mostly finished but was designed to be a play area for the kids. It is now my workout area and is cleared out for poker once a month with Friends. We have been playing for roughly 15 years now.

Here is the design I will be replacing. Current felt was PGI microfelt, I am switching to ChanMan to improve card slide.
original design.jpg

Here are my initial brainstorming ideas.

new felt.png
new felt2.png
new felt3.png
new felt4.png
new felt5.png
new felt6.png

Actually scratch the bolder font. Printed at size will be fine.

I like the graphics of the green ones but think the blue felt will look better. I find the play on all the different Woody's entertaining.

I like the top and bottom ones.

You might have a slight problem with the ones with the other Woody's (Toy Story, Car) where chips might get lost in that area.

Mike

+1 for the bottom design. By the way, you do excellent work and have a great eye for design.

I like the bottom one as well. I know it's marble, but originally I thought it was cigar smoke on a black background. That would be pretty cool if you could make it work somehow.

Either of the black versions! If I had to pick, the "Poker Room" version would slightly edge out the "VIP Room" version.

First choice top, second choice bottom.

^ This. Definitely like the black/marble ones best. Slight preference for the simpler top design elements, but using "Poker Room" text.

I think you're gonna be hard-pressed to beat this one:

new-felt-png.13311

Although I'd replace the "VIP ROOM" text with "POKER ROOM" (keep the red squiggly lines) and make the Woody heads slightly smaller like the example below:

new-felt6-png.13316

Round 2 #2.

Might I ask if there is any significance to the red boomerang D? I only ask because it doesn't add anything for me personally but if there is some significance to it I could maybe get behind it. As it stands right now it detracts from the text imo.

Round 2 #2.

Might I ask if there is any significance to the red boomerang D? I only ask because it doesn't add anything for me personally but if there is some significance to it I could maybe get behind it. As it stands right now it detracts from the text imo.

No significance, was just trying something different. Trying to think outside the box, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :)

new-felt-png.13311

Although I'd replace the "VIP ROOM" text with "POKER ROOM" (keep the red squiggly lines) and make the Woody heads slightly smaller like the example below:

new-felt6-png.13316

^ this for me.

(I'm not keen on the smaller logo size/overlarge feather-y motifs on your rnd 2 a ck ups)

new-felt-png.13311

So far I'm with this overall^^^^^^^^

However, I like the center of round two #1 too. I would be interested to see that center on a black marbled/smoke felt. Maybe keep the blue center back ground on black smoke. Toy story woody doesn't add anything for me, but doesn't take away either. Love the way Palm trees in back of the panel run outside the center. Like the boomerang but would still like to see the letter "D" centered in it too. Would also like to see both white and balck fonts side by side

As stated already you have wonderful talent

I have to agree with BGinGA. I might though make the center portion background just plain black and leave the marbled effect for outside the betting line. Looking sweet.

After playing at Planet Hollywood recently, I developed a new poker felt requirement: How does it look with the chips on it. PH uses a black felt, and the black hundos (faded hotstamps) practically disappear on it. A mock or pics of the chips would be helpful here, Otherwise it would be like you going to buy new carpet, while your spouse is going to buy curtains, and someone else heads out to buy paint, without any discussion as to colors.

After playing at Planet Hollywood recently, I developed a new poker felt requirement: How does it look with the chips on it. PH uses a black felt, and the black hundos (faded hotstamps) practically disappear on it. A mock or pics of the chips would be helpful here, Otherwise it would be like you going to buy new carpet, while your spouse is going to buy curtains, and someone else heads out to buy paint, without any discussion as to colors.

Currently I have Nine Dragons cash chips, PCF tournament chips, CPS cash & tournament chips, semi-custom PGI great walls, and another cheap semi-custom pro clay cash set. FYI - I don't use the 50 chips anymore, I got these before I knew what I was doing. Also probably won't use the cheap pro clays chips, now that I have Nine Dragons and CPS chips.
IMG_0887.JPG

cash pro clay.jpg

It's kind of why I am always drawn to either burgundy or light gray. These colors seem to go with most chips I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom