Custom Designer Found - Input welcomed! (1 Viewer)

toynoob

Full House
Reaction score
Hey guys I can't remember those who do designing on here can you guys drop some names. This wont be for me directly but is my idea for a client. I already have all the ideas layed out and just need someone with illustrator skills I guess to do the magic. Thanks in advance for those peeps names.

Hey guys I can't remember those who do designing on here can you guys drop some names. This wont be for me directly but is my idea for a client. I already have all the ideas layed out and just need someone with illustrator skills I guess to do the magic. Thanks in advance for those peeps names.
Contact @Johnny5 one of the best in the business!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I am in contact with one of the best and I hope we can create a top notch chip. The best part of this for me is being the "instigator" on the idea of a huge chip set with other peoples money hahah.

Ok guys here are some basic mockups

A quick back story of the inspiration behind this set. My family is a huge part of this large "community development" north of columbus ohio. 1500 acres and over 15 phases of developing. The residential will be thousands and there will be commercial, but small ma and pa shops. Ice cream, pizza, etc. Everything will be walkable. The streets are named after trees local to the area, and planted all around. Each of the 6 denoms will be a different tree. I need suggestions, on do you like the tree, single leaf, or the branch with leaves? Evans farm on or off the chip? Ideas not currently posted are welcome too. These are the basic mockup place holders. Thanks guys/gals for any input.

Any thoughts peeps? Need some feedback guys!

I think top row is the best of the bunch. But I’m not sure how well a branch will be recognized, kinda just look like a blob. Would a single leaf or just a couple leaves be worth trying? Since each would have a distinctive shape.

One vote for the top right single leaf and one vote bottom right farm/barn.

For me, photos and realistic images look off on a poker chip and I think the detail gets lost at that scale. Love the idea of different leaves for different denoms, though.

And I would go without the street names and just do Evans Farm. I’d want the different leaves to be a subtle touch that people discover: “Hey... the leaves are different on every chip... that’s kinda cool!”

Thanks for those comments I also posed the single leaf idea. Maybe he can get a couple more mock ups of that

I like the trees best, but wondering if the tree names should be in a smaller font.

Last edited:
I’d try and find leaves that are stylistically similar to the full trees and branches. They look a bit too cartoony for me.

@Beakertwang clearly the issue is the denomination is making clutter ruining the chip.
I prefer these leaves over the trees

but I'm no artist, so don't read too much into my preference.

I guess this thread is related to your tourney breakdown thread?
Yes it is

Top right is my favorite layout, but you’re going to run into problems with 3 and 4 digit denominations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom