Custom Designed Ceramic set -- 28 new designs (1 Viewer)

Bosco24

Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys, so, after receiving some awesome feedback... I actually turned my custom set into a little business. I'm now a site vendor and designed a few more chips to offer up to everyone here. You can mix-and-match 28 designs or get them customized. I just launched a new KickStarter where you can get the best deals available on these and lock in some future discounts for PCF members only...

Check out the thread on PCF for an exclusive deal on the new "Aces Poker & Card Room" ceramic chips!
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-room-edge-aligned-ceramic-poker-chips.47904/

aces-fb1.jpg

20191002_134613.jpg

20191002_134508.jpg

20191003_163510.jpg

20191003_162937.jpg

20191003_162946.jpg

Last edited:
These look awesome, I was gonna go down a similar route when I first came to the forum. Went to alibaba and was talking to a bunch of manufacturers. Is that where you went?

These look awesome, I was gonna go down a similar route when I first came to the forum. Went to alibaba and was talking to a bunch of manufacturers. Is that where you went?

Yep, I've had some pretty good experiences with certain manufacturers on alibaba... some bad ones. I probably talked to about 20 different ones before selecting these guys. They were great, and very responsive.... way faster than I had anticipated.

Yep, I've had some pretty good experiences with certain manufacturers on alibaba... some bad ones. I probably talked to about 20 different ones before selecting these guys. They were great, and very responsive.... way faster than I had anticipated.
I was concerned with the MOQ cause I was only going for 500. It was one of my very first post and was heavily weighted against doing it. Glad yours turned out how you wanted. Are you planning on doing this again? And can you put up more pics plzz?

Those look pretty great. Did you get sample chips before picking those guys before hand? If so how did they feel compared to other ceramics you tried?

I was concerned with the MOQ cause I was only going for 500. It was one of my very first post and was heavily weighted against doing it. Glad yours turned out how you wanted. Are you planning on doing this again? And can you put up more pics plzz?

These guys have a very low MOQ, think they will do sets of 1,000 with any number of chip designs. Some companies wanted 1,000 per design!! These guys did in small batches of 25 too, I will probably go back for some bounty chips.

Definitely planning on ordering again for a friend! I'll get my good camera out and take some pics so you can get the feel of them.

Those look pretty great. Did you get sample chips before picking those guys before hand? If so how did they feel compared to other ceramics you tried?

I winged it... decided to pull the trigger just by seeing the pictures and videos they sent of them playing with the chips. They printed all of my designs to show me. They could ship them too, but I didn't want to pay postage and wait lol...

These feel great. They aren't the smooth ceramics like nevadas, they have a texture on them that is actually quite nice... makes holding them and playing with them great. They do offer smooth but said their sand finish is most popular, so I went with that.

Only regret is not going with more contrast on some colors and a darker middle (it washed out slightly) but that was just bad design on my part.

I'm interested to hear how these hold up to play. Because if they do, the price is amazing.

So I've been wanting to get a larger set for quite some time to host a cash and tournament game at my house. I had a great set of 700 Paulsons I sold for $720, and with it... ordered some custom ceramic poker chips from a manufacturer in ... China!

I took some inspiration from the new Royals, and mixed in some of my favorite color schemes. My last name is Vowell, and I plan to get a chanman felt here soon to match. The design took me a bit since I'm new in Illustrator, was really worried they wouldn't print well or the edges wouldn't match.

2,250 chips for $595 out the door, shipping included from Hong Kong to Colorado. They even printed a few samples and took a ton of photos. Coming out to $ .26/chip

Got the first set of 1,000 today. It took only 10 days from ordering to actually receiving them in the US. The other 1,250 are coming in 2 days.

I'm extremely happy with the quality and look... the colors pop, the edges match very well, and the ceramics have a slight sand finished texture that makes them feel amazing. 10g, fits into my 39mm racks perfectly... to be honest I was worried since I ordered then from photo proofs only, so glad I did!

View attachment 347441
View attachment 347443
View attachment 347444
View attachment 347445
View attachment 347447
They look decent for Alibaba. I can see a few edge spots in your pics not lining up but for the price you can over look some of that. Are they hybrids like sunfly? Or is then label just part of the designed image?

These are pretty well done - would be interested to hear about the stack stability and possibility of spinners.

My only complaint is that there is no yellow chip! It's not a poker set without a yellow chip.

Stack stability appears to be great from every stack I've made, squeeze test gets no movement, seems to not have any spinners.

Was thinking yellow for my bounty's, that count? :p

20191002_155942.jpg

They look decent for Alibaba. I can see a few edge spots in your pics not lining up but for the price you can over look some of that. Are they hybrids like sunfly? Or is then label just part of the designed image?

I actually bought 25 to 50 more of each just so I could trash the worst ones, but really, over looked through a bunch and haven't found one that would convince me it's terrible enough to trash. Some are misaligned but by only a smidge here and there... most aligned up nicely.

They aren't hybrids, straight flat ceramics with the inlay printed. I just designed them to look like standard clay's.

There are some small mark's on all the edges, possibly from where they get held when printing. Really not that bad, and way worth the cheap price lol.

Here's some pics of the misaligned ones (it's barely misaligned but that's the best one I could find lol) and the small marks on the edges from production. Certain colors like green and blue show these a bit more.

20191002_160602.jpg

20191002_160507.jpg

I'm uploading a video right now of me messing around with the chips to give you all a better look at them

Wow very nice! They seem like great chips. Congrats on the gamble...looks like it payed off big time.

Very cool! I think the small marks on the side are from the injection-molding process when the blanks are made, from what I understand. ABC's ceramics have small dots on the edges too.

Ya that seems about right. I'm super picky about that kind of thing, and really, it isnt that bad at all.

Those look great. I would love to hear more about your process of getting these as I am pretty ignorant to all aspects of the process (who did you use, what did they require of you for design work, etc).

And if anyone needs help designing them in AI... I can help! It was pretty fun and seeing the final product is always cool. I just found chips and colors i liked and mimicked them in ilustrator

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom