Custom Dealer Buttons (1 Viewer)

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
A few months ago I designed a custom, simple dealer button. I was tired of every dealer button out there having some kind of theme, so I wanted an all-purpose button. It's nothing intricate and the only thing special about them to me is that they were the first poker-related item I had ever designed. I did have some trouble with the rolling edge having never done anything like it before, but p5woody jumped right in and helped me straighten it out. Thanks, Steve!

On a side note, I had your Lady Luck Club chips in mind when I made these, Marsha, as I absolutely love both versions. Also, if you don't have any 60mm dealer buttons from OWPS, you are really missing out. They're the best out there. Thanks, Sal!

Attachments

• IMG_3520.jpg
    IMG_3520.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,482
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
is this a pr0n thread?

I really just created it to show the buttons I had designed, but post away!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Your welcome, they turned out great!

Thanks Steve! It would've been a lot harder without your help!

Nice work! I'll bet Puggy will like them, too. :)

Given his recently unveiled mock-ups, I'll bet he would. And thank you! It's always good to see a post from you. :)

Like these a lot. How do you design the rolling edge?

Like these a lot. How do you design the rolling edge?

On the OWPS website they give you the exact dimensions for both the face and the rolling edge. For the rolling edge I used Photoshop and created a rectangle using the specs given. Then you just put what you want inside the rectangle. However, this is where p5woody helped me to make sure that there was an equal amount of space between each suit and the repeating "dealer" print. That part I'm not entirely sure how to do. I was going to try and eyeball it, but I think it's better to get advice from someone experienced as to how to achieve that. Below is the example with the specs on the face and the rolling edge.

lrg-dealer-measurements.png

The first time I built custom ceramics, I wanted an aligned rolling edge. The manufacturer said "sure, but there is an additional art cost because getting the art just right is nearly impossible". I sent him my art, and poof, no art charge.

The 1st and only time I have ever used π in real life. I calculated it to the 9th decimal place, because in my geeky head, I memorized this useless number to this many decimal places, because I figured if I ever needed to use π anywhere, it was going to be really really important. Though admittedly, I thought the importance would have involved a game show.

Wow, those turned out really nice!! Would look good on my poker table! :)

The first time I built custom ceramics, I wanted an aligned rolling edge. The manufacturer said "sure, but there is an additional art cost because getting the art just right is nearly impossible". I sent him my art, and poof, no art charge.

The 1st and only time I have ever used π in real life. I calculated it to the 9th decimal place, because in my geeky head, I memorized this useless number to this many decimal places, because I figured if I ever needed to use π anywhere, it was going to be really really important. Though admittedly, I thought the importance would have involved a game show.

Those are sweet!

What exactly are aligned edges? I was considering getting a set of ceramics and there is an extra charge for aligned edges but no pictures to show the difference. Yes I need pictures in my books...

Last edited:
If you're designing a ceramic chip that has edge spots that mimic clay (Paulson, ASM, etc.) or plastic (Bud Jones, Matsui, etc.) you can choose to have the "spots" on the edges line up with the "spots" on the face. If you go this route, aligning edges is a must IMO. Not all ceramic designs need aligned edges for various reasons. I'm sure there are pictures somewhere on the web. I'll see if I can find some as examples.

What exactly are aligned edges? I was considering getting a set of ceramics and there is an extra charge for aligned edges but no pictures to show the difference. Yes I need pictures in my books...

Aligned edges are when the spots on the face of the chip are connected to the spot on the side of the chip, making it look consistent.

Here is an example of aligned edges:
11-B2006-100k_LRG.jpg

Here is an example of unaligned edges:
9692451.jpg

You can see in the second example that the spot on the face of the chips do not meet up with the spot on the rolling edge of the chip. This is the only difference between 'aligned' and 'unaligned'.

Awwwwwe, now I get it. Thanks slayer and Moscowradio. I've always wanted to clarify that but was embarrassed to raise my hand.

Awwwwwe, now I get it. Thanks slayer and Moscowradio. I've always wanted to clarify that but was embarrassed to raise my hand.

Really, that's what we're here for. Nobody should ever make an expensive purchase without knowing what the options are and mean. This includes automobiles, chips or a house (listed in order of overall cost).

Really, that's what we're here for. Nobody should ever make an expensive purchase without knowing what the options are and mean. This includes automobiles, chips or a house (listed in order of overall cost).

My chips are worth a lot more than my car. I don't know if I should take pride or be embarrassed by that.

What Poker Zombie said. Don't ever be embarrassed to ask. There's so many questions out there and thankfully we've got the chip gurus over here to help.

Those buttons are beautiful.

Thanks so much!

Don't feel embarrassed! :) Ask away and learn from the mistakes experiences the rest of us have under our belts.

What links said. You're part of such a wonderful community where people are not only willing to help others, but look forward to doing so. One warning though...

YOUR WALLET IS DOOMED. :p

Thank you for explaining about spacing.

No problem! I hope I was of some help.

These would go particularly well with the Even Stevens

Hey, they would! I hadn't even noticed! To anyone who would like some of these buttons, I would be more than happy to send you the artwork file to send to Sal at OWPS. Maybe we should just convince Sal to carry them as a stock button! :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom