Custom Cut Card Group Buy (Round 8) ***closed*** (3 Viewers)

Reached out to @timinater last night for art. I'm in for 30-50 poker size for sure. Trying to decide if I need bridge too. I prefer poker size cards, but I have lots of bridge size too. Just not sure if I need to bust out a second $50+ right now. About how often do these GBs come around? I may wait until the next one to get some bridge size.

Ooh oohh me me. (raise ) I’m working on a design!!!

Reached out to @timinater last night for art. I'm in for 30-50 poker size for sure. Trying to decide if I need bridge too. I prefer poker size cards, but I have lots of bridge size too. Just not sure if I need to bust out a second $50+ right now. About how often do these GBs come around? I may wait until the next one to get some bridge size.

My intention is about every 6 months.

FYI I will update the OP with order submission instructions this weekend. I know quite a few of you already have your artwork ready. Hang in there. Ultimate deadline will be somewhere between 11/7-11/14.

Awesome! Thanks for the added info. Extra photos would be cool, but not 100% necessary. The PCF crew knows their stuff, so I trust your judgment.

Next question (more on design) - what do most folks prefer with regards to their design being horizontal or vertical on the card? Just gauging what the majority prefer here.
I added some photos to post #2 where I intentionally try to show off the glossiness for you to see.

In for the minimum Bridge size. Just so everyone knows in case they want to order from me later. Waiting on finished art.

Last edited:
Posting a minimum "in" for 30 bridge x 2

EDIT:
Working on something like this - final design needs finishing touches. PM ME IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WILL WANT SOME OF THIS DESIGN - PRICE WILL BE COST + RESHIPPING.

The Beach Cut Card.png

Sky Valley Cut Card.png

Last edited:
Also, please tag anyone who you know is working on a custom set or who recently completed one. Lets get to the minimum as quickly as possible and help ensure no one misses out.

obligatory: @Windwalker

For some reason it never occurred to me to do the Landscape orientation for a cut card......might have to change my design now

One word of warning, the cut cards are often not centered very well, so those with an even border around them tend to look, off.
That's unfortunate. Thanks for sharing that info. I'll keep that in mind with my design.

I think the larger the border is around it, the less noticeable it becomes.

If it is a shallow border, and the centering is off, one side could look double of the other side. If it is a large border, the percentage difference becomes less, and therefore not as visible.

One word of warning, the cut cards are often not centered very well, so those with an even border around them tend to look, off.
Already had a bunch made. Yeah. The centering is off on most. I found the heavier the contents within the border the easier it is to look past the differences of the edge alignment. But 100% true.

Attention @timinater ! Remember the CDI art that you did for me for Round 6? Well, those cards were made but have been stuck across a closed border since March. Since I don't expect the border to open again for several more months at least, I'd rather repeat the order with the same art for Round 8.

I'll make 120 cut cards total. 30 red bridge, 30 blue bridge, 30 red poker, 30 blue poker, just like last time. But this time shipping directly to Canada.

Attention @timinater ! Remember the CDI art that you did for me for Round 6? Well, those cards were made but have been stuck across a closed border since March. Since I don't expect the border to open again for several more months at least, I'd rather repeat the order with the same art for Round 8.

I'll make 120 cut cards total. 30 red bridge, 30 blue bridge, 30 red poker, 30 blue poker, just like last time. But this time shipping directly to Canada.
It may make sense to combine shipping on all local orders. I plan to get in on this round (likely 35, so not as big as your order).

Thanks
Grant

It may make sense to combine shipping on all local orders. I plan to get in on this round (likely 35, so not as big as your order).

Thanks
Grant

Yes, it would. It might even make sense to take care of all Canadian orders from one location, if there are many. I'd volunteer to re-ship, if there are.

File naming: PROJECT NAME_bridge.ai or PROJECT NAME_front_bridge.ai + PROJECT NAME_back_bridge.ai if sides are different

If artwork is different on each side, do you need two files? Or can artwork for both sides be in one file?

I'm in for 30 bridge size cut cards for sure! Just need to convert my existing inlay artwork to the right size. If anyone has done one of these projects before and wouldn't mind me asking them a few questions regarding bleed, or even better, has a template for the document size please drop me a PM!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom