Custom Cut Card Group Buy (Round 8) ***closed*** (2 Viewers)

Eloe2000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
***closed - order placed***
***Round 9 date TBD beginning of Q2 2021***

The torch has been passed off from @MatB to me to run the recurring cut card group buys. Thank you again @MatB for doing so many of these for the community. I trust he had this all figured out and he was grateful enough to answer all of my questions so I am just going to emulate everything he did with the previous GBs.

What this is:
This is a group buy intended to allow you to bring your own design and have your own plastic cut cards produced and to reach MOQs and scale discounts from a commercial printer. This is NOT the opportunity for you to buy other people's cut cards. The goal is to get to at least 500 total cards at which point the prices below go into effect. 499 cards and below and the price is approximately 50% higher.

Card Specifics: 24mil thick 3.5"x2.5" (poker size) and 3.5"x2.25" (bridge size) plastic cut cards with your custom printed design with rounded edges. These are usually the cut cards you see around here on PCF. Examples below in photos.

Order Details:
  • Minimum order is 30 cards per design/size.
  • Cost per card is $1.40 98¢
  • Each card design has a $10 card setup fee. You can order 30 cards with a front design and a different back design and its only $10 fee once.
  • If you want the same design on poker and bridge size, you need to order 30 of each size minimum, and that would be $20 fee (for both sizes)
  • Shipping from the manufacturer to me is baked into the $1.40/card price. But reshipping is not included. Standard USP domestic and international
Artwork:
  • This is a bring your own custom design situation. I am not helping with designs and will not touch the artwork when submitted to the manufacturer. They are not there to assist you either.
  • Card designs highly preferably in .AI format or print ready .PDF
  • Poker size is 2.5"X 3.5" and Bridge size is 2.25"X 3.5"
  • If you want design help you can try one these people for hire;
  • File naming: PROJECT NAME_bridge.ai or PROJECT NAME_front_bridge.ai + PROJECT NAME_back_bridge.ai if sides are different (please use separate files if your card has different side artwork)

Example Order:
  • 30 cards bridge sized ordered: 30 x $1.40 + $10 art fee + $5 shipping (US) total cost is $57 30 x $0.98 + $10 art fee + $5 shipping (US) total cost is $44.40 shipped

Order Deadline:

Monday November 9th Friday November 13th

Order Submission:

Send an email to CasaMangoPoker@gmail.com with the following details:
  • PCF username
  • Delivery address where cards will be shipped (will allow me to give shipping cost when payment is due)
  • Include order details:
    • name of cards project{s)
    • quantity per card design (30 minimum)
    • size (bridge or poker or both)
    • Does your card project have the same image on both sides or are each side different
    • attach artwork files (AI or print ready PDF)
    • file naming: PROJECT NAME_bridge.ai or PROJECT NAME_front_bridge.ai + PROJECT NAME_back_bridge.ai if sides are different
  • Sample order email in post #3
Payment:

Payment will be due once all orders have been collected and compiled, but before printing begins. Note: This is different from MatB's process.

Template (poker size):

2535ArtworkTemplate.png

Bridge-Cut-Card-Template.png

Last edited:
Example order email:
(order by emailing CasaMangoPoker@gmail.com with the following details)

Hey Evan,
Here is my order...

PCF username: @Eloe2000

Eloe Poker
123 Ocean Drive
Miami, FL 33333

1. CASA MANGO: 30x Poker size (same sides)

Attached: casamango_poker.ai

2. MAPES: 40x bridge & 40x poker size (different sides)

Attached: mapes_pokerbridge_back.ai, mapes_pokerbridge_front.ai

Follow up with a PM to me here to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks.

Last edited:
I will have one design to run, 30 of each poker/bridge size. Will PM with artwork once ready.

@Thomacetti is there any chance we could get Protege artwork in time for this run?

I m here for poker chips not really for cards. Can someone introduce me to the 'hobby' in a nutshell? Basically what are the plus vs standrad cards? The price per card is per pack of 52 I assume, correct? Interested in learning and maybe joining this group buy. Thx!

I m here for poker chips not really for cards. Can someone introduce me to the 'hobby' in a nutshell? Basically what are the plus vs standrad cards? The price per card is per pack of 52 I assume, correct? Interested in learning and maybe joining this group buy. Thx!
These are only the thick plastic cards that one would use on the bottom of the deck so as not to expose the bottom card. One also uses this to "cut the deck" during self dealt games.

These are only the thick plastic cards that one would use on the bottom of the deck so as not to expose the bottom card. One also uses this to "cut the deck" during self dealt games.
Damn ok cut card I misread. Thx for clarifying

this is not for playing cards. It is for the cut card that goes at the bottom of the deck so nobody sees the bottom card.

lots of people like to have matching chips, dealer buttons and cut cards. For the full custom effect.

I want to get a design up for sure, but question - why can people not order other people's designs with approval?
Because I don't want to deal with that ordering/shipping madness. In particular because these group buys aren't a one time thing, but routine. It's more work that one might think. People are free to resell theirs or trade as they see fit.

Are these cut cards glossy or matte finish? If glossy, has anyone had issues with bottom card reflecting off the glossy finish?

I’m chipping away on a new DB design but it’s slow moving. As soon as it’s done, I intend to use it for the Cut Card. I’ll have something maybe next week. It’ll be 30 poker sized to start.

Are these cut cards glossy or matte finish? If glossy, has anyone had issues with bottom card reflecting off the glossy finish?
Very glossy. I will try to take better pictures later. But these are the most common ones floating around here on PCF. People should be able to give you plenty of feedback.

I almost participated in the last one. I think I will have to get in on this one. Need to finalize my artwork.

Will be getting at least 60 poker size. Possibly up to 100. Trying to determine how many I will need for freebies.

Last edited:
Very glossy. I will try to take better pictures later. But these are the most common ones floating around here on PCF. People should be able to give you plenty of feedback.

I have BTP, AS and PCF cards that are all glossy. Zero issues with reflection. Can try and take a photo tomorrow if it helps.

Awesome! Thanks for the added info. Extra photos would be cool, but not 100% necessary. The PCF crew knows their stuff, so I trust your judgment.

Next question (more on design) - what do most folks prefer with regards to their design being horizontal or vertical on the card? Just gauging what the majority prefer here.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for the added info. Extra photos would be cool, but not 100% necessary. The PCF crew knows their stuff, so I trust your judgment.

Next question (more on design) - what do most folks prefer with regards to their design being horizontal or vertical on the card? Just gauging what the majority prefer here.

Personally I like them vertical since the cards are laid out vertically. The Sunset Beach cut cards have one side vertical and the other horizontal which is cool.

I’d say it depends on your artwork but typically portrait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom