Custom Cut Card Group Buy (Round 8) ***closed*** (3 Viewers)

Will you post the artwork when ready? And allow others to piggyback on for a few?

Artwork is done. 30 pairs of bridge cut cards and 30 pairs of poker cut cards. Same art as in Round 6. I'm only keeping 7 pairs of each, so there will be 23 pairs of each for the rest of the membership who wants some. And when the borders open (who knows, next spring?), there will be another 30 pairs of each than can be distributed.

Has anyone done a Crown Plaza cut card design yet?

I am not splitting orders in this GB. Same as MatB did, this is just to get them made and bring them into the community. I do not want to open the door to splitting orders and people buying other people’s cards through this GB.

I am not splitting orders in this GB. Same as MatB did, this is just to get them made and bring them into the community. I do not want to open the door to splitting orders and people buying other people’s cards through this GB.
Several folks have said they like my design from the cards mold buy. I was planning to post my art when Tim finishes it, and have people PM me directly if they were interested. Then I would up my order (if need be) and handle reshipping personally. Is that acceptable? I guess I was thinking others might do this too. This would not create any extra work for you since all you have to do is ship my cards to me and I would handle everything else.

Several folks have said they like my design from the cards mold buy. I was planning to post my art when Tim finishes it, and have people PM me directly if they were interested. Then I would up my order (if need be) and handle reshipping personally. Is that acceptable? I guess I was thinking others might do this too. This would not create any extra work for you since all you have to do is ship my cards to me and I would handle everything else.

Oh yes definitely. Of course. I just mean I don’t want to have to peel off a pair of cards from X set and Y set and Z set to add to your order and then a pair from your set to go with the Z order and 2 pairs of Y for the Z order etc.

The nice thing about cut cards is that you can throw a couple in an envelope and just put a stamp on it. Reship is cheap and easy. I know the minimums are relatively high but it’s easy to post your extras in this thread or he classifieds and get rid of your extras. They are fun to collect.

And people should definitely feel free to post there designs here and gauge interest.

Last edited:
@Eloe2000 - Since there is the talk of movement/cutting on the borders, do we still submit artwork for a the cut size? So if we're doing bridge, we should submit a 2.25 x 3.5" file? Or should we include room for bleed in the artwork we submit?

@Eloe2000 - Since there is the talk of movement/cutting on the borders, do we still submit artwork for a the cut size? So if we're doing bridge, we should submit a 2.25 x 3.5" file? Or should we include room for bleed in the artwork we submit?
Answer to your question is at the top of this page. Post #61. Need separate files for both sizes.

Answer to your question is at the top of this page. Post #61. Need separate files for both sizes.
I don't think that talks about the bleed required right? My question was just if we are sending over the exact print size of the cut card or if we need to add an extra fraction of an inch for bleed during printing/cutting.

You should always assume some minor bleed with printed and cut products like this I believe. And I always over-resolution my artwork to compensate just in case.

Anyway, I just shot a question over to the manufacturer about bleed.

I don't think that talks about the bleed required right? My question was just if we are sending over the exact print size of the cut card or if we need to add an extra fraction of an inch for bleed during printing/cutting.
My bad. I misread the question. That's what I get for trying to help. :confused:confused:confused

Long shot but anyone reading this wants to handle this for me I’d pay to get a splash pot one of a mix of chips and a custom one but That said Northern California Poker or something like that.

You should always assume some minor bleed with printed and cut products like this I believe. And I always over-resolution my artwork to compensate just in case.

Anyway, I just shot a question over to the manufacturer about bleed.
I always spec out my artwork files with bleed, so it's in the AI file to be ungrouped, unmasked, etc if needed. But then I saw that print ready PDF thing and it got me wondering - if we send it over with bleed does that whole thing get shrunk down to print size. So for instance if we add in .125" bleed to the 2.25" in width, the raw artwork would be 2.375 - so do they take that at raw value and print up at 2.375? Or do they resize that 2.375 down to 2.25 and do their own bleed.

Anyways...curious to know.

I always spec out my artwork files with bleed, so it's in the AI file to be ungrouped, unmasked, etc if needed. But then I saw that print ready PDF thing and it got me wondering - if we send it over with bleed does that whole thing get shrunk down to print size. So for instance if we add in .125" bleed to the 2.25" in width, the raw artwork would be 2.375 - so do they take that at raw value and print up at 2.375? Or do they resize that 2.375 down to 2.25 and do their own bleed.

Anyways...curious to know.
I would suspect the former. I highly doubt they would alter the artwork by adding bleed space, especially if it is pattern. So if you sent in your artwork at exactly 3.5x2.5” 300ppi, they would print at a slightly larger size and they would cut the card and you would be left with trimmed artwork and less than 300ppi res, although just marginally. And yes my assumption had been .125” total per dimension (1/16 per edge).

Anyway, I have the question in and we should get an answer tomorrow.

Updated my original post with new artwork in case anyone wants to get on the list. Will submit my artwork files soon, but now bump me up to confirmed 30 bridge x 2 for MOQ purposes.

Last edited:
I received a template with bleed instructions for poker size, but you can figure out bridge from here (when I get a chance I can use this one to make a bridge template for you all...

2535ArtworkTemplate.png

@Venturalvn

I 'm about to order 30 poker-sized ones (same front and back), artwork being now turned into .ai

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom