Custom CPC vs Rounders Replica Set (1 Viewer)

BigDot

Sitting Out
Reaction score
New to PCF, but been playing for a long time. Have several sets and ready for a big boy set of CPC Rounders in stock colors, or considering modifying the inlays with my company logo which is a bull (see attached). Never ordered custom chips before and want to stay true to the Rounders theme, only make it my own so to speak. I’m sure this conversation comes up plenty but value all you chippies’ input. I’m already building a new table with the more advanced company logo on the felt so thinking that just replacing the bear with the bull would look sweet. Not opposed to keeping the bear since the bulls and bears has a nice wall street theme as well. I’m in finance and oil and gas so could go either way.

Attachments

• 4BAD8D20-C6C5-464B-A49C-3AEC52CF66DC.png
    4BAD8D20-C6C5-464B-A49C-3AEC52CF66DC.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 111
Definitely replace the bear with your bull logo. I don't think it's much more if you're using the stock Rounders chips and colors. Make them your own, and also consider the security issue. Much better to have chips that someone can't get exact copies of and bring into your game. No matter how much you trust your boys, why risk it?

How big a set are you getting? What games/stakes do you play?

Definitely replace the bear with your bull logo. I don't think it's much more if you're using the stock Rounders chips and colors. Make them your own, and also consider the security issue. Much better to have chips that someone can't get exact copies of and bring into your game. No matter how much you trust your boys, why risk it?

How big a set are you getting? What games/stakes do you play?
We typically play a full 1-2 that plays bigger, or if the right group is there 2-5. Need to figure out the denoms and chip count. 500 chips should do it but want maybe 1000 so we have the bigger amounts for 2 tables and/or tourneys.

Welcome to PCF! I would switch logos and also at least consider going full custom instead of just copying the rounders spots. It seems daunting, but the process is nerve wrackingly fun, especially when your unique set hits the doorstep and you get to open the box and behold what you have birthed.

Have several sets and ready for a big boy set of CPC Rounders in stock colors
I guess I in the minority but I will choose Rounder in Stock over a Bull design in Rounder Stock edge spot

Need to figure out the denoms and chip count. 500 chips should do it
$1 x 100
$5 x 200
$25 x 200
$100 x 80
$500 x 20

Is a good breakdown for $1/2 to the occasionally $2/5

You can swap 20 x $100 for another 20 x $500 if you want a bigger bank
we have the bigger amounts for 2 tables and/or tourneys.
Prob best to use another set for Tourney and not mixed them with the Cash set.

Plus I don't really see the benefit of doing 2 table of cash unless it a meet-up or you are collecting rake

I’m just looking for a reason to get a bigger set in higher denoms I guess. Also I love the alternative colors I saw posted on a different thread for the $1ks and maybe one other. We wouldn’t ever use them for cash but would for tourneys, so it’s almost like two sets in one. So many options. The hard part for me is the time commitment in designing and coming up with every little detail without having the software. I custom built a house over 5200 SF and I swear I lost years of my life over how difficult it was to work through all the choices.

If anyone had a used set of stock chips to get my game elevated while I figure out a custom the I would be interested.

We typically play a full 1-2 that plays bigger, or if the right group is there 2-5. Need to figure out the denoms and chip count. 500 chips should do it but want maybe 1000 so we have the bigger amounts for 2 tables and/or tourneys.
The breakdown above will certainly work. From there you can tweak to your own personal tastes and your game and players. For me, I would want more $5s and less $25s, as $5s are usually the workhorse chip in $1/2 and $2/5. And I don't see much need for $500s at these stakes, unless you are on a tight budget and are trying to keep the total chip count down. Just determine what you want your typical buy-in to be and estimate the most you might have on the table if the game gets really big. Then just be sure you have enough to cover that.

The breakdown above will certainly work. From there you can tweak to your own personal tastes and your game and players. For me, I would want more $5s and less $25s, as $5s are usually the workhorse chip in $1/2 and $2/5. And I don't see much need for $500s at these stakes, unless you are on a tight budget and are trying to keep the total chip count down. Just determine what you want your typical buy-in to be and estimate the most you might have on the table if the game gets really big. Then just be sure you have enough to cover that.
Good suggestion. Yeah I think $1, $5, $25 and $100 covers at least one full game for this group.

Alot of us have done it. I, now, much prefer doing your own custom sets. But if it's what you want, make it dude. View attachment 1024679View attachment 1024680
Wow, you killed it with this set. Definitely giving me motivation. The table and chips are literally going in my office so more reason than one to go full custom. Just where do I get the time? LOL. Is there a chip design tool online, or do I need access to some software. I have .ai files on my brand logo, but can't even open them since I don't have the program. I'm not a designer so would need just a little help. The desing would be really simple though, nothing elaborate, and much like what you did.

Last edited:
I like the modification using the bull logo. It's clean, sharp and just about ready made for a chip inlay design.

That said, if you are going through the effort of making a custom set to do this, you might as well go full custom. You don't have to go crazy with a wide variety of level-5, 6 and 7 spots, but if you are making something like this for yourself and your group, you might as well go all the way and go full custom.

Good luck with the endeavor. Whatever you do, CPCs are great chips and you won't be disappointed in the investment (said as an owner of >15k customs ASM/CPC chips).

I like the modification using the bull logo. It's clean, sharp and just about ready made for a chip inlay design.

That said, if you are going through the effort of making a custom set to do this, you might as well go full custom. You don't have to go crazy with a wide variety of level-5, 6 and 7 spots, but if you are making something like this for yourself and your group, you might as well go all the way and go full custom.

Good luck with the endeavor. Whatever you do, CPCs are great chips and you won't be disappointed in the investment (said as an owner of >15k customs ASM/CPC chips).
That sounds like good advice. Being someone that has purchased so many CPC chips, which mold or two are your top preference? I think I am going to email David to start the dialogue since its such a long lead time. It will be like Xmas all over again when they show up.

Rounders are cool and all, but if you're going custom put some more thought into your theme and make sure you'll be happy with them. My first custom set was "Steve's card club." It works, but it wasn't very meaningful.

Rounders are cool and all, but if you're going custom put some more thought into your theme and make sure you'll be happy with them. My first custom set was "Steve's card club." It works, but it wasn't very meaningful.
Yeah for sure. I'm playing around with the chip designer on CPC. I think I want some funky bright colors to really enhance the game. Kind of bored with the traditional colors, so leaning toward custom route with brighter colors. Nothing too childish, but still tasteful. Thanks for your input.

So here is my loose concept for a complete custom CPC set. There are a few variations of the $1, $25 and $100 denoms. The inlay graphic is just a placeholder with one of my logos, but will likely go with a black logo mark, lose the company name and add denominations with the help of an artist. I dig the bright and fun colors and have indicated my initial preference for the 1, 5, 25 and 100 dollar chips by marking with a star at the top. Would love some feedback, and I'm value engineering the set so everything is level 1 except for the hundos (L2). All opinions or input is much welcome as I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 160
Definitely get a color sample set, and I recommend also getting a few mold samples too before getting in too deep (pick a few molds you like visually, then purchase 5-10 chips of each for hands-on comparison).

Mold choice will make a big difference, not only visually but also in terms of feel and sound -- so color and mold samples ensure you will actually like the choices you make. Well worth the pre-purchase expense, and you can always resell the samples off later.

1-2 Deep Game

1s -100
5s - at least 300-500 I’d go up to 1000
25s - 100-300 more if u need them
100s - 100-200

I wouldn’t bother with 500s, you’ll never use them. Let the people play with the chips. I’ve had a game for years. 1/2, 1/3, 2/5, and 5/10….we only use the 500s in super deep games when there’s 50k or more in play. With that count it’s about $40K-50K in playable chips. More chips is definitely more enjoyable. Especially if you’re going full custom. Don’t make cuts if u can afford it. If you decided to add more chips later most likely the color will be off so u want to get everything at once.

Obviously go full custom with the design. You’ll keep those chips the rest of your life.

Last edited:
So here is my loose concept for a complete custom CPC set. There are a few variations of the $1, $25 and $100 denoms. The inlay graphic is just a placeholder with one of my logos, but will likely go with a black logo mark, lose the company name and add denominations with the help of an artist. I dig the bright and fun colors and have indicated my initial preference for the 1, 5, 25 and 100 dollar chips by marking with a star at the top. Would love some feedback, and I'm value engineering the set so everything is level 1 except for the hundos (L2). All opinions or input is much welcome as I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Thanks!
You’re in it now!!!! :)

1-2 Deep Game

1s -100
5s - at least 300-500 I’d go up to 1000
25s - 100-300 more if u need them
100s - 100-200

I wouldn’t bother with 500s, you’ll never use them. Let the people play with the chips. I’ve had a game for years. 1/2, 1/3, 2/5, and 5/10….we only use the 500s in super deep games when there’s 50k or more in play. With that count it’s about $40K-50K in playable chips. More chips is definitely more enjoyable. Especially if you’re going full custom. Don’t make cuts if u can afford it. If you decided to add more chips later most likely the color will be off so u want to get everything at once.

Obviously go full custom with the design. You’ll keep those chips the rest of your life.
This sounds like great advice. I’m committed to at least 1000 chips with having more than enough 5s and 25s. Will likely pass on the five hundos for now and can always add later. Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

Yup! We sucked him in!

@BigDot If you want some inspiration, these are a few amazing custom CPC sets.

@JeepologyOffroad 's Moonlight sets:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/moonlight-cardhouse-tournament.92144/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/moonlight-cardhouse-cash.90969/

@Josh Kifer 's Chipdust set
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/chipdust-l-crown-set.97140/
Here's a couple more pics of these chips in action just last night. This is another good thread to go through to see some of the sets that have been put together by PCFers.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/official-home-game-pics-thread.4135/post-2013134

Once you have the concept further along, set up a design thread and you'll get plenty of input. Or just do what you want - LOL. I set up a design thread for a set I was doing a couple years ago and pretty much ignored all the suggestions from others. I love the set and wouldn't change a thing about it. It's all me.

Damnit! You are not lying. The guy building my table sells custom ceramics for way less, but for some reason I feel like I won’t be satisfied with anything other than custom clays. What can I say, I like nice things and definitely think clays are way more desirable than the ceramics.

This sounds like great advice. I’m committed to at least 1000 chips with having more than enough 5s and 25s. Will likely pass on the five hundos for now and can always add later. Thanks for your input. Very helpful.
Not sure how big your game gets but it’s nice if the whole table can have a full rack of chips ($500) that would be 1000 $5 chips for a 10 handed game. That’s a deep $1/2 game if u ask me. When someone buys in at my $2/5 NLH $500 usually gets a rack and anything more than that starts to get $25 chips. In bigger games $5 chips are less important. $1 chips are just for making change.

Yup! We sucked him in!

Here's a couple more pics of these chips in action just last night. This is another good thread to go through to see some of the sets that have been put together by PCFers.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/official-home-game-pics-thread.4135/post-2013134

Once you have the concept further along, set up a design thread and you'll get plenty of input. Or just do what you want - LOL. I set up a design thread for a set I was doing a couple years ago and pretty much ignored all the suggestions from others. I love the set and wouldn't change a thing about it. It's
Not sure how big your game gets but it’s nice if the whole table can have a full rack of chips ($500) that would be 1000 $5 chips for a 10 handed game. That’s a deep $1/2 game if u ask me. When someone buys in at my $2/5 NLH $500 usually gets a rack and anything more than that starts to get $25 chips. In bigger games $5 chips are less important. $1 chips are just for making change.
Yeah we play both 1-2 and 2-5, so tinkering with the idea of going to 1500 chips total so I can play a full rack of 5s per player. Money money money. Lol

Last edited:
Yup! We sucked him in!

Once you have the concept further along, set up a design thread and you'll get plenty of input. Or just do what you want - LOL. I set up a design thread for a set I was doing a couple years ago and pretty much ignored all the suggestions from others. I love the set and wouldn't change a thing about it. It's all me.
Ummmm, that tourney moonlight set is literally the sexiest set I’ve seen. I mean dayum that looks so fire!! Now I’m rethinking everything. Lol. This is turning into such a time commitment which is what I was trying so hard to avoid. But yes, I will have these damn things forever and I’m still young enough to get hopefully several more decades out of the utility of using them. At least that’s what I am telling myself.

@BigDot custom ceramics are defiantly a less expensive and quicker option, but besides the obvious differences, under heavy use the ceramics will wear quicker and not in a good way. Personally I would not choose ceramics over cpc customs due to this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom