Custom CPC set (eventually) (1 Viewer)

Freeroll

Two Pair
Reaction score
I have been playing around with the chip designer tool on the cpc website.
Although I have ripped off every one of the chip designs from other chips that have been posted on this site.
I am extremely happy with how these chips look together, and I can’t wait until I save up the funds to place a custom order with CPC.
B275A568-974C-4313-A615-C6E28531D595.png

Make sure to get a sample color set, as they are way different in person than in the chip design tool. Also, you can change the background color to light grey, which helps visualize a bit better, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Make sure to get a sample color set, as they are way different in person than in the chip design tool. Also, you can change the background color to light grey, which helps visualize a bit better, in my opinion.

Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know the colours would be different than in the design tool.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know the colours would be different than in the design tool.
Yup, the real samples are necessary; nearly half of my colors changed by at least a shade after seeing the colors in person. Also make sure that you get the color samples that have the colors stamped on them. The cheapest color sets come without any type of information to identify their colors.

Well, the good thing about not having the funds to order them right now is I have lots of time to try to get my hands on some samples.
Definitely put a wanted ad up here. After people place their orders for their custom sets, they usually sell their color samples at a discount over what a new sample set would cost.

If you go that route just make sure that you get samples produced within the past couple of years just in case they've changed their formulas.

Definitely put a wanted ad up here. After people place their orders for their custom sets, they usually sell their color samples at a discount over what a new sample set would cost.

If you go that route just make sure that you get samples produced within the past couple of years just in case they've changed their formulas.
Ok, will do. Thanks!

Well, the good thing about not having the funds to order them right now is I have lots of time to try to get my hands on some samples.
Just in case you aren’t aware, You can get a color sample (or mold samples) directly from CPC. Like everyone else said I changed almost 1/2 my colors once I got in the set. You will not regretting one.

I really like your spot profession up to the last chip but I feel like it falls off right at the end. Maybe 3TA316? Also maybe another light color on the chip?

DG Tiger is much lighter than the designer shows but it feels like a dark set to me.

I really like your spot profession up to the last chip but I feel like it falls off right at the end. Maybe 3TA316? Also maybe another light color on the chip?

DG Tiger is much lighter than the designer shows but it feels like a dark set to me.
I couldn’t find anything I liked to address the brightness issue, but I think this looks better as far as edge spot progression goes.
31B44A7F-3752-45F0-9867-CA536A9B1044.png

Nice, just redo nr 4. Looks bit monochromatic.
What do I know, but I actually like that combo and have it right now on a design I’m playing but but in a simpler pattern on a lower denom.

I couldn’t find anything I liked to address the brightness issue, but I think this looks better as far as edge spot progression goes.
View attachment 705712
Maybe DG Peach, DG Arc Yellow, or even just grey?

(I really like combos of grey blue pink on black)

Nice, just redo nr 4. Looks bit monochromatic.
Just tried a few different edge spot and color combos on the green, but couldn’t come up with anything I liked, both as an individual chip and also in the set.
I found over all that the green chip gave me the hardest time as far as getting something I really liked.

Just tried a few different edge spot and color combos on the green, but couldn’t come up with anything I liked, both as an individual chip and also in the set.
I found over all that the green chip gave me the hardest time as far as getting something I really liked.

Try some Dayglo Peach, Arc Yellow, or Tiger on it. Those colors seem to go really well with green in my experience.

You should definitely look through the mold options on the design tool, choose a few you like the look of, and get shuffle stacks of them before making a final decision. The a-mold is one of the worst molds by feel and looks, IMO, and only really makes sense with names that start with A.

You should definitely look through the mold options on the design tool, choose a few you like the look of, and get shuffle stacks of them before making a final decision. The a-mold is one of the worst molds by feel and looks, IMO, and only really makes sense with names that start with A.
The mold is definitely subject to change.
I have samples coming (should be here any day).
I’ll make a choice on the mold after they arrive.

I like a couple of these better than mine, however, not enough to change it, just because I don’t want to go from 4 edge spots down to 3 on the next chip denomination.
That's fair, though you do skip from 1 to 3 and certainly have room to just shift the others down to go 1-2-3-3 or 1-2-2-3.

Also, what the hell pattern is that on #2? I was going to make a mockup to suggest this progression but can't recreate that chip. What am I stupidly missing?

Thanks for the tips. I’ll be sure to take the color sample set out to the garage (where I plan on moving my poker tables to in the near future), to see how they look under the lighting out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom