Custom CPC Set Design Help/Ideas (1 Viewer)

EphesianPoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of custom ceramics from Poker Chip Lounge (if you're curious see my old post) and I've liked them for the most part. However, I am looking to upgrade into a full clay set. My home game always gives me so much shit for playing Rounders every game, but I just love the movie. I obviously am a fan of the CPC replica chips and got to thinking about how cool it would be to have a similar set. When I found out CPC had a design tool I started playing with an idea... My last name is Almond, and considering I enjoy the movie so much I had an idea to create a set of chips that pay homage to the set in the movie. My goal is to keep the same colors, edge spots, and molds that the movie has. Also a goal of mine is to have a white inlay with a very simple, but clearly recognizable design.

Reason for the post is I am looking for some ideas on the design, and if anyone has any recommendations on how to create the design so that CPC can best print on an inlay. I do not believe that I'll have any text on the design (again, want to keep it super simple and my "version" of the KGB chips).

I've ordered a sample set of the Rounders replica chips to make sure I actually like the colors, but I have a feeling I'm going to want to move quick after I get them and handle them..

Denomination Ideas (Best fit for my home game):

$1 - White
$5 - Black (really rough draft below)
$10 - Purple
$20 - Yellow

Here's my initial idea for the design. Love the simplicity but very open to image changes.
IMG_0206.jpg

Would love anyone's feedback/input.

I think black and white would keep the tribute closer but definitely needs leaves/3rd almond/both to balance it.

Great simple idea that makes them yours without having your name.

What about this? Can be seen as a pseudo bear paw print, paying extra tribute. Might have to play around add a couple make it charcoal and black though. Just an idea.

depositphotos_365351684-stock-illustration-almond-colorful-logo-design-template.jpg

I suspect you haven't gotten around to reading any of the many threads here on chip breakdown. Most will strongly discourage you to skip the $10 chip. It's unnecessary and just makes overall game play more complicated and less efficient. Less is more when it comes to the number of different denominations on the table. Best rule of thumb is to have a 4-5x gap between each chip value. Just get more $5s and maybe a few more $20s in place of the $10s you were going to order. It will speed up game play and make it easier to estimate stack sizes. When it comes to your workhorse chip ($5 in your example) you can never have too many.

I suspect you haven't gotten around to reading any of the many threads here on chip breakdown. Most will strongly discourage you to skip the $10 chip. It's unnecessary and just makes overall game play more complicated and less efficient. Less is more when it comes to the number of different denominations on the table. Best rule of thumb is to have a 4-5x gap between each chip value. Just get more $5s and maybe a few more $20s in place of the $10s you were going to order. It will speed up game play and make it easier to estimate stack sizes. When it comes to your workhorse chip ($5 in your example) you can never have too many.
Good point. Something to think about and probably the correct thing to do. I think the reason for 4 denoms is because I wanted a piece of the colors. I’ll have a better idea after the samples get here

Good point. Something to think about and probably the correct thing to do. I think the reason for 4 denoms is because I wanted a piece of the colors. I’ll have a better idea after the samples get here
Yeah definitely skip the 10. Do a hundo instead if you want more denoms. It may not see much play right now but inflation will do the trick eventually

Yeah definitely skip the 10. Do a hundo instead if you want more denoms. It may not see much play right now but inflation will do the trick eventually
Lol seems that way for sure. The more I think about it the more 3 makes the most sense. We play 1-1 most of the time so honestly not seeing much play out of “big” chips. However I am thinking about if I ever want to add on to the set and CPC minimum order requirements. I may add the 4th denom anyway

I'll echo what other people have said about not needing the $10.

Also, if you use a white $1, the stacks on your table won't have the look of the stacks in KGB's big game. Have you considered using the green for your blind chip? Or, god forbid, dropping your stakes to .50/$1 and using the actual denominations and colors:

Green $25
Black $100
Purple $500

Leaving the dollar signs and using the divide by 100 rule is easy to understand. Another member here used the same colors but changes the denoms for his game (e.g. his green chip was 25c, etc..).

Not efficient with two quarters for your blind chips, but the stacks on your table will better represent the stacks in the movie.

Why is there a bear on KGB's chips? "Teddy Bear?"

If you want to be more subtle, an almond tree instead of a nut?

Why is there a bear on KGB's chips? "Teddy Bear?"

If you want to be more subtle, an almond tree instead of a nut?
I think it has more to do with the long-standing relationship with Russia and bears; I think ASM designed the label, if you could go back and listen to the conversation between the Prop director or whoever ordered the chips and the vendor, man would that be a story to tell!

I'll echo what other people have said about not needing the $10.

Also, if you use a white $1, the stacks on your table won't have the look of the stacks in KGB's big game. Have you considered using the green for your blind chip? Or, god forbid, dropping your stakes to .50/$1 and using the actual denominations and colors:

Green $25
Black $100
Purple $500

Leaving the dollar signs and using the divide by 100 rule is easy to understand. Another member here used the same colors but changes the denoms for his game (e.g. his green chip was 25c, etc..).

Not efficient with two quarters for your blind chips, but the stacks on your table will better represent the stacks in the movie.
That’s a really interesting idea and I’ve been wondering the same thing. I’m waiting on the sample set to decide what colors I prefer, but I think that may make a lot of sense.

That’s a really interesting idea and I’ve been wondering the same thing. I’m waiting on the sample set to decide what colors I prefer, but I think that may make a lot of sense.
Okay I just rewatched the scenes in the movie in KGB’s room… they literally only use 3 denominations and I think that’s the way to go. My friends are idiots and like big chips so I may get a small amount of those anyway but main part of the game will be 3 denoms.

Now I just need help on the design

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom