Custom chips (1 Viewer)

Theluckyhand2

Two Pair
Reaction score
Thinking about making some fully custom poker chips for my home game.
Looking for a great and thorough website to create and produce new quality chips
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Rough budget?

Your options are Classic Poker Chips for clay or BR Pro Poker for ceramics. There is also Matsui for non clay options as well.

Before offering recommendations, I and others here would need to know the following:

Cash or Tournament?

How many players do you usually have?

How much are the buy ins? Stakes?

What is your budget?

Before offering recommendations, I and others here would need to know the following:

Cash or Tournament?

How many players do you usually have?

How much are the buy ins? Stakes?

What is your budget?
I’d prefer clay chips and I’m probably looking Into cash set but also looking at tourney.
We don’t play for high value around $20 a person with bounty and with around 6-12 people always varies. And budget aiming more toward $500 area but can always do more

So you are playing 6-12 people tournaments you probably want somewhere around 400 chips ballpark. Your budget is around $1.25ish per chip. Your best bet would be ceramics from BR Pro for <$1ea. CPC real clay chips start at around $1.35ea with an inlay design but with no clay chips spots (just solid colored chips). The most basic custom spotted chips start at $1.75 and quickly go up in price depending on the complexity of the spot patterns. But those are real clay custom chips made and pressed to order.

I’d prefer clay chips and I’m probably looking Into cash set but also looking at tourney.
We don’t play for high value around $20 a person with bounty and with around 6-12 people always varies. And budget aiming more toward $500 area but can always do more
You can get solid clay poker chips with a custom inlay from Classic Poker Chips for as low as $1.35 per chip for solid (no edge spots) chips on the A or HHR mold.

Custom clay chips are a costly venture. My unsolicited advice to you is to save your money in the next few months and start mocking up designs now on what you think you may like. You can design a nice 500 chip cash set with Level 1 edge spots for about $800. You'll probably change your mind on what you like over time, so make sure you're really happy with what you want to order before you do it.

Get a color sample from CPC to see what will work for your theme, room, and your table.

Have fun!

You can get solid clay poker chips with a custom inlay from Classic Poker Chips for as low as $1.35 per chip for solid (no edge spots) chips on the A or HHR mold.

Custom clay chips are a costly venture. My unsolicited advice to you is to save your money in the next few months and start mocking up designs now on what you think you may like. You can design a nice 500 chip cash set with Level 1 edge spots for about $800. You'll probably change your mind on what you like over time, so make sure you're really happy with what you want to order before you do it.

Get a color sample from CPC to see what will work for your theme, room, and your table.

Have fun!
I appreciate the advice and will definitely take it I to consideration

I’ll start playing around with it and draw up some designs and see how I feel about them. I have new custom table being made and won’t be in until this summer so around that time I should have a decision on if I want to go that way.

I’ll start playing around with it and draw up some designs and see how I feel about them. I have new custom table being made and won’t be in until this summer so around that time I should have a decision on if I want to go that way.
Definitely don't rush it. I placed an order with CPC in October that I had first mocked up in April. I started working on another idea a few weeks ago at the end of 2020 that I'm not going to place the order for until the end of the year.

Don't have a hard budget when it comes to customs. It helps to have a "hard" number in mind that you wouldn't be comfortable going over, but for custom chips that you're going to put a lot of hours of design, thought, and money into (CPC color sample set, designer fees, and your playing space including your table, chairs, cards, lighting, hot dog roller, etc, all come into play as expenses), you want to make sure you do it right and be happy with the chips that are going to last a lifetime that are going to be passed down to your kids and maybe even their kids.

custom clay chips from CPC can take many months to a year to be made. So you definitely want to take lead time into consideration.

Most people approach CPC custom clays with at least $2.50-$3.00 per chip in mind. You can get away with less, but you will have fewer choices of both mold and edge spots. Check out their website, get an idea of their price list and the idea of spot levels (higher level = more complicated = more expensive).

Compare with fully custom option with ceramics from @BR Pro Poker and @SUN-FLY Poker Chips . Ceramics offer full face and rolling edge printing options as well. Price point is substantially lower, but they are not traditional clay.

Get samples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom