Custom Chipco-Style Ceramics (2 Viewers)

Jimulacrum

Full House
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been hanging onto a big set of these Rockingham Park chips for a while and would like to use them for a cash game someday: http://themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=NHSARP.

I have 1,025 white $1s, 500 gray $5s, and 500 green $25s. I'm happy with them as a limit set for anywhere from $1/$2 to $4/$8, and of course they cover $1/$2 NL/PL and probably $2/$5 as well. But if I can do so somewhat cheaply, I'd like to lift the logo off of the chips (company now defunct, so should be no copyright/security problems) and make custom $0.25 chips so I can cover $0.25/$0.50 as well. (And if I'm going through the trouble of that, I may consider designing a $100 and grabbing a rack of those as well.)

This place never actually had $0.25s or $100s, so I can do whatever I want, but I do want the design and weight/feel to match the existing set. Anyone out there familiar enough to point me in the right direction of a company that produces very similar chips?

Much appreciated.

These look like Game On Chip Co - their security etch is visible in some of the scans. I have them on my custom set.

1535588876583.png

Thank you, @CraigT78.

@GameOnChipCompany, could you elucidate me as to the cost / possibility of making a custom add-on to the set I reference in the OP? As stated above, this company is out of business and their gaming operation permanently closed, so using the logo shouldn't pose any legal or security problems (though of course I defer to you on this question).

Push comes to shove, I'd be willing to consider a similar-but-different custom to blend in with the real thing (heh, maybe Donkingham Park), so I'm still interested in cost estimates even if you wouldn't be willing/able to let me use the official logo.

good luck. there have been a few reports of gocc being remarkably unresponsive to emails - seems to be correlated to erica leaving the company.

there's at least one relatively recent thread about it. no idea if anyone has had success using the old fashioned phone call using the contact info on their site.

good luck. there have been a few reports of gocc being remarkably unresponsive to emails - seems to be correlated to erica leaving the company.

there's at least one relatively recent thread about it. no idea if anyone has had success using the old fashioned phone call using the contact info on their site.

Phone call? What is it, 1985? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I ordered and received an add on order in less than 2 weeks, email worked for me.

Just popped them an email too. We'll see what comes of it.

Wile you’re at it, get 500 more $5 chips and make it a better 1/2-2/5 set, plus good for red chip limit games.

Wile you’re at it, get 500 more $5 chips and make it a better 1/2-2/5 set, plus good for red chip limit games.

The $5 chips are the one denomination in this set that I don't really like. I was there when they first introduced them at Rock, and back then the gray looked decent, but it did not wear well at all. Besides, if I want to add $5s, I'll just hunt around for authentic Rock $5s—for a much better price than customs. I know they're out there. There's somewhere around 2,000 in the hands of PCFers alone, not even including me, plus at least a few racks among the profane masses.

And since when is $16,025 (or $26,025 if I get a rack of hundos) insufficient for $1/$2 through $2/$5?

Watching to see if you hear back from them. I'm one of the folks that has been trying to get in touch. I really like their ProTech blank but I'm going to be ready to go somewhere else if they don't respond soon.

I'm doing something similar BTW, I had @timinater help me design a 5c and 25c for a Hideaway set that only included $1's and $5s. If GOCC doesn't own or have the design, perhaps he can help you out as well. I was very pleased with the design result.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/frac-design-color-help-me-decide.30689/

The $5 chips are the one denomination in this set that I don't really like. I was there when they first introduced them at Rock, and back then the gray looked decent, but it did not wear well at all. Besides, if I want to add $5s, I'll just hunt around for authentic Rock $5s—for a much better price than customs. I know they're out there. There's somewhere around 2,000 in the hands of PCFers alone, not even including me, plus at least a few racks among the profane masses.

And since when is $16,025 (or $26,025 if I get a rack of hundos) insufficient for $1/$2 through $2/$5?
I just think the game plays better with more 5s. A rack per person. Just a thought. Plus it opens you up to 10/20 and 15/30 limit.

I just think the game plays better with more 5s. A rack per person. Just a thought. Plus it opens you up to 10/20 and 15/30 limit.

I can agree with that. If I see Rock $5s on the market for a reasonable price, I'm definitely snapping them up, and same with $1s. More likely I'd do a $5/$10 limit game than $10/$20 or higher, though.

Also, $100s would be the right color-up chip for $5 limit games, and I think I would love to do it in a 44 mm or even 44 mm octagon.

Watching to see if you hear back from them. I'm one of the folks that has been trying to get in touch. I really like their ProTech blank but I'm going to be ready to go somewhere else if they don't respond soon.

Doh. When I saw the alert and thread title I was hoping they’d gotten back to you and delivered ☹️

Here's your hundo, just add $
30197.jpg

I'm also very interested to see if you hear from GOCC. My first attempt to contact them was in June and I've tried every few weeks since then but nothing.

Here's your hundo, just add $
30197.jpg

I'm also very interested to see if you hear from GOCC. My first attempt to contact them was in June and I've tried every few weeks since then but nothing.

Oh, gross. I have never been a fan of their tourney chips. That whole checkered rim just rubs me the wrong way.

That aside, I sadly can't copy the design because it's based on an older version of their logo, using different colors and a different layout. Some of the differences are subtle, but they'll jump out at you if you put 'em side by side.

If I must, I could maybe get samples from some other companies that do custom ceramics and see how they compare to these. But I'd much prefer to get them from the source. It would be especially convenient if GOCC still has design files from Rockingham that I could hijack.

Oh, gross. I have never been a fan of their tourney chips. That whole checkered rim just rubs me the wrong way.

That aside, I sadly can't copy the design because it's based on an older version of their logo, using different colors and a different layout. Some of the differences are subtle, but they'll jump out at you if you put 'em side by side.

If I must, I could maybe get samples from some other companies that do custom ceramics and see how they compare to these. But I'd much prefer to get them from the source. It would be especially convenient if GOCC still has design files from Rockingham that I could hijack.

Easy enough just to make it black bordered instead of checkered.

The logo looks pretty simple - it would be easy to duplicate. Of course it would be much simpler if GOCC have the files. They didn't seem to have a problem doing Royal Yaks a while ago - I hope the reason for their radio silence to my Royal Yak request is not that they won't do those sorts of things any more.

Easy enough just to make it black bordered instead of checkered.

The logo looks pretty simple - it would be easy to duplicate. Of course it would be much simpler if GOCC have the files. They didn't seem to have a problem doing Royal Yaks a while ago - I hope the reason for their radio silence to my Royal Yak request is not that they won't do those sorts of things any more.

For sure, I would much rather use original graphics than try to re-create it.

I hope they're still willing and able to do stuff like this. Either way, some kind of response would be nice. All it takes is a 15-second email saying, "Sorry, we no longer offer this service."

It's really mysterious as to why GOCC isn't answering any e-mail. You would think if it was just something they no longer do that they would just reply as such.

When I was in contact with Joe ~2 months ago I got a quote for custom chips. At the time I didn't mention that they were an existing design though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom