Custom Chip Set for Home Game (2 Viewers)

nothing wrong with having more than you need, but you are low on the 100s

I would do this:
1 - 500
5 - 1800
25 - 600
100 - 260
500 - 40

instead of:

1669481794341.png

I have listened about changing the chip spots and am now a bit torn, I think I still love the OG design with the white tying it all together.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Proof OG.png
    Proof OG.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Proof Alt Spots.png
    Proof Alt Spots.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 123
I have listened about changing the chip spots and am now a bit torn, I think I still love the OG design with the white tying it all together.
Thoughts?
you should change the 500 back immediately; like the change to the 1 maybe play with the orange color, make it more orange-y or neon orange; I like the change to the 5, but it's likely going to see a lot of play, make sure you love color combo.

The change to the 100 is amazing!

These are final two line ups I’m choosing between.

I know there is a lot of concern about the white pips but I’m finding it really hard to move away from them.

Attachments

• 5BB237E9-6731-476A-BA35-BFD432B10170.jpeg
    5BB237E9-6731-476A-BA35-BFD432B10170.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 79
  • 71C9B1CD-4928-4ED0-A1A4-1999034364CF.jpeg
    71C9B1CD-4928-4ED0-A1A4-1999034364CF.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 80
Also the pink chip will be pink and white and green chip will be green and yellow.

Quite happy with this

Oh boy, glad you came here. I know there are a few who like Chip Lab, but my opinion is they are an enormous ripoff! I would rather have 40 cents a chip ceramic Chinese cards mold than those plastic chip lab chips.

I'm sure others who play your stakes will chime in. I'm more of a micro stakes player, but I think you can easily reduce your chip count. Depending on what spot patterns you want, I think you might be able to get Classic Poker Chip customs for pretty close to that budget if you reduce the count.

Let's look at just one table. Then we can double.

$1 x 200 = $200
$5 x 300 = $1500
$25 x 100 = $2500
$100 x 50 = $5000

That's $9200 per table and 650 chips. Double that and you're at 1300. Do you normally have over $9000 on each table? If so, then add another 100 hundos and you've got $14,000 per table. Surely that's enough, isn't it?

$3000 / 1300 = $2.30 per chip. $3000 / 1400 = $2.14 per chip. You can definitely get the CPC stock designs like Rounders, Atlantic Club, Chesterfield and others within your budget. Customs will be a little more, but I'm not sure how much more. I think it's pretty resonable if you just change the inlay art, but keep the stock chip designs. But don't hold me to that. Others here who have bought from CPC can better answer that question.

Edit: fixed a math error in my original answer.

Great post. Another option is to get a barrel of 43mm $500s. You probably will never need them, unless someone goes on a ridiculous heater, but it would cover you. But getting more hundos is probably more practical. Anyway, you definitely don’t need 400 ones.

Oops, didn’t see that you already pulled the trigger.

(Weird that they send these in batches of 25.)

Oops, didn’t see that you already pulled the trigger.

(Weird that they send these in batches of 25.)
From what I have seen, pretty much everything that comes from China is shipped in 25s. All the china clays that Apache sells come that way and every slugged plastic chip I've ever looked at myself come that way. China doesn't care about our obsession here on PCF for 20 chip barrels. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

We all just order extras in case there is any loss or breakage during shipping.

I ordered off amounts from Tina- she shipped and provided extras. Groups of 25 not necessary.

I ordered off amounts from Tina- she shipped and provided extras. Groups of 25 not necessary.
Correct. Sorry if my post was interpreted as saying you could ONLY order in 25s from Tina. I too ordered whatever numbers I wanted when ordering directly from her.

I was just stating that she was not the only vendor who packages their chips that way, and that it is not really that unusual to see shrink wrapped stacks of 25 chips.

@boozymelon - How do you like the chips? Are you glad you made the changes you did? Is there anything you would change?

I would definitely go heavy on your 5's. For 2 tables, 1000 sounds about right....maybe even more.

I think your initial numbers look pretty good. If you are doing a drop and have a dedicated dealer, you might need more 1's, depending on how often you would cycle them back out of the box, and also to have plenty for tipping the dealers. I would also throw in a couple barrels of $500's, just to be sure if you have guys dropping thousands. You never know when a couple whales will want to play big.
You are going to need more 5s for those games I would think. probably closer to 1400 from my experience. When I hosted games we went through 1200 quickly for a single table.

I went overboard with chips because I want to be able to play with plenty on the table. Lots of towers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom