Custom Ceramics from Old West - Little Caesars Card Club (1 Viewer)

leebert123

High Hand
Reaction score
So my original idea for these was to label and re-purpose my set of Faux Clay chips, but many people warned me against it. Not wanting to invest the money on quality labels and be disappointed by the results, I decided to move on to looking into custom ceramics.

Working with Sal from Old West was great, he answered all my questions quickly and despite a backlog of artwork went above and beyond to get me a mockup done quickly. I had a pretty specific idea in mind for this set, and he pretty much nailed exactly what I was looking for.

As for background on the set, I've been working for Little Caesars restaurants in Canada since I was 13 years old, I'm now 30 and have gone through multiple stages with the company from part-time employee to manager to working for our corporate office. Anyways, I now own multiple locations with my family and wanted a custom poker set for my home game, and the company seemed like the perfect theme to lend itself to them.

Here are the custom mockups. 39 mm for the $1, $5, $25 with 43 mm oversized on the $100 and the dealer buttons as well, which are going to be given to a few members of my family as well as a couple managers that work for me now.

rJU21Zu.jpg

gUKsO4e.jpg
VfsyvZm.jpg

Love that dealer button!

Pizza! Pizza!

Amusingly enough up here north of the border, there is a separate corporation that operates as Pizza Pizza, and owns the trademark to the use. Thus our Little Caesars Man up here is unable to utter his catch phrase on our commercials.

Cool idea, and the dealer button is absolutely fantastic!

Not to stray too much into my own life, but Little Caesars Pizza has always been my go-to food when I'm depressed.

Eat an entire large pizza in one sitting for $5, then instantly feel bad about doing that instead of whatever I felt bad about before that.

Cool chips and congrats to you for being a business owner at thirty. Good luck on the felt and in the real world!

Edit: and yeah, really love the dealer button, would take one as well if you offer samples.

Cool chips and congrats to you for being a business owner at thirty. Good luck on the felt and in the real world!

Edit: and yeah, really love the dealer button, would take one as well if you offer samples.

Thanks.

For the Dealer buttons I had to make a minimum order of 10. I would say about 6 are spoken for, so if people are actually interested in them, I may be able to ship out a sample or two. A little shocked to hear so many people like it enough for a sample. Although, I do love it myself.

I'm sure @Jeff would get one too. He has the biggest button collection that I am aware of.

It's currently on way to print so it's done. I'll still take a small comment for a potential tournament series down the line though.

No worries mate... Well done! Congrats on the new set... Looking forward to lots of pictures...

Little Caesars has a special place in my heart due to it's ties to the late Mike Ilitch and the Tigers/Red Wings franchises... (y) :thumbsup:

I would love one of those dealer buttons if you have an extra to sell!

These haven't been ordered yet, right? You can order as many as needed? If not, then I only need one button, but would buy three if given the choice.

If you're getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of people wanting your button, I'd be glad to run a mini group buy with your permission to use the design.

I could start a thread, take all interest from other chippers within the US, collect payments and make an order from Sal. Then when they arrive I'd handle shipping out to all interested parties.

This would also save shipping costs as you wouldn't have to mail a bunch of packages from Canada to the US.

If you're getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of people wanting your button, I'd be glad to run a mini group buy with your permission to use the design.

I could start a thread, take all interest from other chippers within the US, collect payments and make an order from Sal. Then when they arrive I'd handle shipping out to all interested parties.

This would also save shipping costs as you wouldn't have to mail a bunch of packages from Canada to the US.

I mean seriously, a pizza button? I don't even use dealer buttons and I don't collect them either. BUT I NEED ONE.

I've talked with both Lee and Sal, and have their permissions to go ahead and spearhead the ordering of additional buttons.

Later on today I'll make a dedicated thread for those interested in a button, and tag everyone who has expressed interest already in this thread.

This probably goes without saying but I am not taking any profits from this, the end price will be exactly my cost + shipping. I just want to get some of these awesome pizza buttons out there!

We are already at 7 buttons and would need a minimum of 10 to make it happen.

This is an awesome idea for a chip-set! Working Little Caesars was one of my first jobs and holds a special place for me... good times (that I dare not 'fess up to online). Heading to the other thread to get in on the Dealer buttons!

Well done!

Working Little Caesars was one of my first jobs and holds a special place for me... good times (that I dare not 'fess up to online).

It was Pizza Hut for me at 15 1/2 and stuffed crust had just came out... Anchovie juice was the tamest of stuff that got rolled into the string cheese at the end of the crust for people who were assholes or an enemy of the manager. (Manager was the first person I ever knew to do meth, something I had never heard of until that first job. Most of his "enemies" were a figment of his imagination I figured out later.) I regret it heavily, but I also am the nicest person in the world to minimum wage food workers now. (n) :thumbsdown::sick:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom