Custom cash set mock up (1 Viewer)

calfdemon

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So even though I still haven't finished murdering and applying labels on my custom tourney set, I have already designed and printed sized versions (on paper) of a custom cash set using chips I already have acquired in previous purchases. These chips were not necessarily bought to make a custom cash set, but the numbers I have of each and the quality work for what I want to do. These chips were all originally bought for different purposes, but plans change and this lineup just kinda fell together. I don't hate it... I went with RHC for this set due to the larger inlay area which works well for custom labels and visibility.

While my custom tourney set is Christmas themed (explained in the dedicated thread), I did label each chip with "Wakefield East Poker Club". Based off of what I did there, I designed and ordered custom poker mats with that name on them. They have been ordered and I am just awaiting delivery at this point... But I went with an art deco influenced design for the mats.

Wakefield East Blue_(73_5 x 31_5)_Oval.png
Wakefield East Red_(73_5 x 31_5)_Oval.png

Now, based on what I did on the mats, I moved forward with the custom cash set design. Obviously you can see the art deco influence and the re-use of the Wakefield East "logo". And before anyone asks, the whale or dolphin looking design at the top of the chips (and on the mats) is actually the street (double cul-de-sac with 1 entrance) as seen from the satellite view on Google maps. The star on the right is the location of Wakefield East poker club. The street and star will be color matched to each chip and spots. I tried to do it but my printer is running out of cyan which is causing some issues. It looks good in Illustrator. Just not on the paper printout.. lol

20230323_152346.jpg

The original chips used are as follows:

.25 - Paris 2
1 - Dover Downs 1
5 - Boulder Station 2
20 - UltimateBet 500
100 - Horseshoe Cleveland 100

Anyway, open to any thoughts, opinions, ideas, or criticisms.

I fricken love the toppers.
Chip colors aren't my cup of tea but should contrast on the toppers well.

You know what could look nice is maybe a little color matching in Wakefield East… maybe just the “A” in each chip. Match that to the base chip color? With the $1 maybe to one of the edge spots

It's subtle, and not showing properly due to ink being low in the printer, but I was doing the color matching with the street design and star in the upper right. I will play with the "A", but I think that might throw off the readability of the text possibly? We shall see... I thought about using the denoms in the color matching too but like the consistent denom look.

Love the design!

I’d be a bit concernes about dirty stacks between the .25, 1, and 20, especially in low light. Mostly the .25 and 20.

My games are never in low light, and in normal light, those chips are all very different. I'm not really seeing the dirty stacks issue in person. The camera may show them a little closer than they actually are.

My games are never in low light, and in normal light, those chips are all very different. I'm not really seeing the dirty stacks issue in person. The camera may show them a little closer than they actually are.
The way to test is to stick a single chip in a stack of the other, and see if you can easily find it. Maybe it won’t be an issue.

The way to test is to stick a single chip in a stack of the other, and see if you can easily find it. Maybe it won’t be an issue.

I threw a chip of each into each of the 3 stacks. Personally, I don't see too much of an issue. Yeah, the contrast could be a bit more between the purple and gray chips, buy there is enough there I think to not really have any issues. I don't think there is any issue at all with the white chips.

20230404_134005.jpg

I threw a chip of each into each of the 3 stacks. Personally, I don't see too much of an issue. Yeah, the contrast could be a bit more between the purple and gray chips, buy there is enough there I think to not really have any issues. I don't think there is any issue at all with the white chips.

View attachment 1112715
Yeah, I definitely think a darker purple would be helpful, but that’s not horrible. You’re right about the $1. No issues there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom