Custom Alabama Chips Help (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and would love some input on these chips I am working on.
I have about 1300 Paulson Pharaohs that I might sell if I can get my Bama chips they way I want.
I am amazed at how much the Paulson's are selling for on eBay.

I tried to mix colors so that any group of 3 or 4 demons would contrast when played together.
(25,100,500) (100,500,2500) (500,2500,10000) etc.
I would almost always use these for tourneys and could use them for cash by moving the decimal point.

Anyway, PLEASE let me know your opinions on these so far.
These are NOT proofs, they are very simple mock ups I did with paint, lol.
Please be honest. I have not ever done custom chips before.

Thanks!
! Bama Doe Chips $5 - $50,000.png

What are dirty stacks? Just the chips getting dirty because they are light colored?
Or the chips will get stacked together because the sides have similar colors?

$500 was purple, but I was worried about purple being to close to black. I actually like the purple better.

How about with the purple 500?

Anyone think the Alabama band should be black or maybe match the chip color?

I like the faded A and the red demon, but the red band may be a little much on the chips that are not white, red, or black.

Thanks so far for the input.

I think the red boarders may be too much for some of the colors.

What about these gray inlays?

or mixed with red when red looks good?

I have about 1300 Paulson Pharaohs that I might sell if I can get my Bama chips they way I want.
I am amazed at how much the Paulson's are selling for on eBay.

Ahem. Careful, friend. You may be amazed at what they are *listed* for on eBay. But, truth to tell, they aren't actually *selling* at those prices.

I understand. They seem to be selling for $3-$4 per chip pretty consistently though and that adds up.

Bama 25 Inlay 001.jpg
Bama Chips 05-20-19   001.png

I changed to darker inlay as well as some of the chip colors.

Originally I had 500s and 2,500s and skipped the 1,000s but I think I am going to skip the 500s and go back to 1000s.

I know the spacing is off and such, these are just rough drafts.

Better or worse? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Like I said, everybody is listing them for those prices, but nobody is selling them for those prices. Many of these have been listed and relisted for a long time. Why? Because they are OVERPRICED.

Yea, that would make a lot more sense f those were not SOLD listings but they are. I know how to use eBay.

Last edited:
View attachment 289751View attachment 289752

I changed to darker inlay as well as some of the chip colors.

Originally I had 500s and 2,500s and skipped the 1,000s but I think I am going to skip the 500s and go back to 1000s.

I know the spacing is off and such, these are just rough drafts.

Better or worse? Any thoughts? Thanks!
I think you should make your red chip stand out more because it is the highest denomination. you should use retro red as it is brighter. For the edge spots, use dayglo green and peacock. If you feel you need a 500 chip, you can always add it later. If you don't, you should add more 100s and try running a tournament without T500s in play.

The most important piece of advice is... get samples. If you don't already, be sure to get your hands on a current CPC colour sample before pulling the trigger. The colours on the Chip Design Tool are not what you see in hand.

Yea, that would make a lot more sense f those were not SOLD listings but they are. I know how to use eBay.

A thousand apologies. I doubt there's any members here that would have paid $5 per chip for these in large quantities. We've seen Paulson fantasy listings at $6, $8, $10, even $12 a chip. It's not hard to get jaded very quickly.

If sticking with the original, there are many here that recommend using a T2000 instead of a T2500. I've haven't tried any of the two myself, but thought you might want to know.

If you will use T25, T100, T1000, T5000, I definitely think you should get a T500 as well. Otherwise, you're gonna need a large quantity of T100. I'd say the large majority of tournament breakdowns people use on this forum uses T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, and sometimes T25000 depending on structure and nr of players or buyins.

A thousand apologies. I doubt there's any members here that would have paid $5 per chip for these in large quantities. We've seen Paulson fantasy listings at $6, $8, $10, even $12 a chip. It's not hard to get jaded very quickly.

No apologies needed. I am new here and just trying to learn. :)

If sticking with the original, there are many here that recommend using a T2000 instead of a T2500. I've haven't tried any of the two myself, but thought you might want to know.

If you will use T25, T100, T1000, T5000, I definitely think you should get a T500 as well. Otherwise, you're gonna need a large quantity of T100. I'd say the large majority of tournament breakdowns people use on this forum uses T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, and sometimes T25000 depending on structure and nr of players or buyins.

Seems weird to me to have 500s and 1000s since only twice as much value per chip.

I have both in my Pharoah but always seemed odd to me.

Trying to keep chips high contrast to each other.

Maybe 500s instead of 1000s and just get more of them?

The x2 jump from T500 to T1000 might be weird from a mathematical viewpoint, but it is the standard. My guess regarding the reason for this is that it is more natural for most people to have a T1000 rather than a T2000.

I don't think it is weird, as long as you don't get too many T500. You never need to use more than one when betting, so a few per player is sufficient. Popular starting stacks of sets with T25/T100/T500/T1000/T5000 are
8/8/4/7/X
12/12/5/6/X
16/16/4/6/X
12/17/4/6/X
Where X=0 means zero T5000 and starting stacks of 10000. X=1 means starting stacks of 15000, etc.

If you would start with, say, 12/12/9/4, then IMO it would be weird because all the stacks of T500 would just sit there and not be used as much as you would hope.

If you want lots of T500, go with a T2000.
If you want the standard, go with few T500 and use T1000.
If you go with T2500, make sure to run it past the forum first, because apparantly there are drawbacks.

Bama Doe 05-31-19.png

The idea here is that I am using all Bama colors + green for field and yellow for flags. Too much? Too similar? Kind of like the theme. BTW there is an "A" as a light gray watermark that is hard to see in the pictures and light enough that it is still easy to read the doms. I never liked the James Bond or similar chips because the doms are hard to read to me and my vision is getting worse.

Bama Poker 203 gray.jpg

Comments?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom