Cuspidor for poker bitterness (1 Viewer)

Coyote

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I realised there has been no specific thread for people to share their pain after brutal suckouts.
Victims of Lady Luck and human Stupidity, please compete for the worst suffering experienced.

I 'll start by what happened to me just today:

-First, my KKs (all-in pre after a couple of reraises) are cracked by JJs. OK, trivial.

-Then, I flop a set of 4s on a flop and bet the pot. I am called and bet the pot on the turn again. River puts a third spade on the board and I check. Villain (the type of VPIP/PFR of 70-10 and no logical betting pattern) bets my all-in and I call since I 'm pot-commited.
He takes the pot with 9-2 of spades, having called two pot-sized bets on flop and turn with those. Then, as it usually happens, he leaves the table.

-Having bet 2/3 pot on the flop with 10-J suited, I make a King-high Straight on the turn and go all in.
The unknown villain (it's his first hand in the game) calls and shows K-7 offsuit for two pair, with odds 91-9 in favor of me.
River comes a K and he makes a full house. I quit.

Too much for a single day.

It sucks when it happens but just remember that the luck factor is what keeps the casual players coming back. It’s good when they chase their long shots against the odds, but they’ll have to occasionally make them too, otherwise they’d wise up and find something better to do

It sucks when it happens but just remember that the luck factor is what keeps the casual players coming back. It’s good when they chase their long shots against the odds, but they’ll have to occasionally make them too, otherwise they’d wise up and find something better to do
There's so many of those stupid fish though, that they end up working collectively as piranhas - or forming a virtual shark.
You never get enough hands against anyone of them for luck to be diluted.
Yesterday I was on a sick leave and played all day, Erik.
I played more than 1,100 hands. That's how long it took for the lucky strikes to ballance the bad beats.
In for 600BB, out for 613BB.

Last night on global, i won a ticket in a .25 sattelite into a $3.30. About halfway through I was middle of the pack, got it in with two pair on the turn, guy rivered a straight and took half my stack.
Very next hand I flopped a set and got it all in and the guy turned a straight and I was out. Adios quarter.

Next hand after he stood up, the table hit the bad beat jackpot and everyone won money. He was literally standing next to the table when it happened lol.
It probably won't make your pal feel any better, but if he'd stayed in the game, the cards would have come out in a different order and the BBJ wouldn't have hit.
I realised there has been no specific thread for people to share their pain after brutal suckouts.
If it's cathartic, knock yourself out. But EVERYONE experiences bad runs from time to time. IMO, there's no point in even talking about it.

It probably won't make your pal feel any better, but if he'd stayed in the game, the cards would have come out in a different order and the BBJ wouldn't have hit.
Yeah that makes sense. I think it was mostly the fact that he had lost money and then got up and everyone just won a ton of money right after hahaha.

Today, I flopped a set of 777s, and bet only two-thirds of the pot.
I was deservedly punished, 'cause the turn gave a straight to the villain and, by that time, I was pot- committed. :)

Pocket aces and the villain with a pair of fives flops a set that turns into a full house to add insult to injury.

I never get tired of showing these!

*All-in turn*
C0691F4C-BBFE-4A08-B820-F660CB8DF948.jpeg

*All-in pre*
91F42C95-403E-4088-95CC-87EBC8B084B0.jpeg

Yeah that makes sense. I think it was mostly the fact that he had lost money and then got up and everyone just won a ton of money right after hahaha.
I've heard of situations where a dude gets up to go to dinner or use the restroom or whathaveyou and comes back to find that the BBJ hit while he was away. Players who cashed will often throw a couple black chips his way considering his absence is the reason it hit.

Victims of Lady Luck and human Stupidity, please compete for the worst suffering experienced.

I 'll start by what happened to me just today:

-First, my KKs (all-in pre after a couple of reraises) are cracked by JJs. OK, trivial.

-Then, I flop a set of 4s on a flop and bet the pot. I am called and bet the pot on the turn again. River puts a third spade on the board and I check. Villain (the type of VPIP/PFR of 70-10 and no logical betting pattern) bets my all-in and I call since I 'm pot-commited.
He takes the pot with 9-2 of spades, having called two pot-sized bets on flop and turn with those. Then, as it usually happens, he leaves the table.

-Having bet 2/3 pot on the flop with 10-J suited, I make a King-high Straight on the turn and go all in.
The unknown villain (it's his first hand in the game) calls and shows K-7 offsuit for two pair, with odds 91-9 in favor of me.
River comes a K and he makes a full house. I quit.

Too much for a single day.
This will make you feel better...guaranteed!!

WSOP Main Event 2016:

I had a 1/10th stake in my buddy Mike and he runs into this on day 2.

Chip Stacks
Mike (my guy) = 130k
Villain (V) = 90k

Preflop: Mike AA. Raises preflop and gets 1 caller.

Flop = A, rag, rag. No straight or flush possibility. Mike bets half the pot, and Villain calls.

Turn = K. Mike makes a pot sized bet, villain moves all in and Mike calls.

Mike shows AAA
Villain shows KKK and says, "that's what I put you on". The table erupted in laughter at the stupid comment.

River.... a f'n "K"

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a runout worse than this (yes/no?). Villian needed those 2 cards to come on the turn and the river....and got both of them.

I was on the phone with my wife at the time and almost threw my phone at the wall because I was so pissed.
Now for the good news. Mike took his 45k and rallied back to $188k by the end of day 2. AND knocked the villain out of the tournament later in the day.

This will make you feel better...guaranteed!!

WSOP Main Event 2016:

I had a 1/10th stake in my buddy Mike and he runs into this on day 2.

Chip Stacks
Mike (my guy) = 130k
Villain (V) = 90k

Preflop: Mike AA. Raises preflop and gets 1 caller.

Flop = A, rag, rag. No straight or flush possibility. Mike bets half the pot, and Villain calls.

Turn = K. Mike makes a pot sized bet, villain moves all in and Mike calls.

Mike shows AAA
Villain shows KKK and says, "that's what I put you on". The table erupted in laughter at the stupid comment.

River.... a f'n "K"

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a runout worse than this (yes/no?). Villian needed those 2 cards to come on the turn and the river....and got both of them.

I was on the phone with my wife at the time and almost threw my phone at the wall because I was so pissed.
Now for the good news. Mike took his 45k and rallied back to $188k by the end of day 2. AND knocked the villain out of the tournament later in the day.
There’s a video of a royal flush vs quad aces at the main on YouTube o_O

But considering you know the guy this is rough!!

There’s a video of a royal flush vs quad aces at the main on YouTube o_O

But considering you know the guy this is rough!!
Trust me, I have lost quads to a royal flush...paging @Eazy ...LOL. I might be wrong, but I don't think there are worse odds. My buddy could only lose to 2 cards...K followed by the last K. I don't think you can run out worse than that (yes/no?). Even if you needed runner runner, 2 cards, to a straight flush draw, the odds are the same (I think).

Edit: sorry, not trying to argue...I truly am curious whether or not there are worse odds?

Last edited:
Trust me, I have lost quads to a royal flush...paging @Eazy ...LOL. I might be wrong, but I don't think there are worse odds. My buddy could only lose to 2 cards...K followed by the last K. I don't think you can run out worse than that (yes/no?). Even if you needed runner runner, 2 cards, to a straight flush draw, the odds are the same (I think).

Edit: sorry, not trying to argue...I truly am curious whether or not there are worse odds?

I think by that criteria the absolute worst possible bad beat would be a straight flush to the Jack made on the flop beaten by a royal flush made on the river with a runner runner Queen King:

Hero: 78hh
Villain: Ah x

Flop: 9TJ hearts
Players get it all in (made straight flush vs. nut flush draw)
Turn: Qh
River: Kh

It's the same odds as your scenario - to win the villain must get the exact and only two cards he needs on the turn and river - but this scenario involves the best possible hand that Hero can have that can still be beaten by exactly and only two cards.

To make it even better, give Villain Ah6o - it's the worst possible starting hand he can have that still makes this scenario work.

I think by that criteria the absolute worst possible bad beat would be a straight flush to the Jack made on the flop beaten by a royal flush made on the river with a runner runner Queen King:

Hero: 78hh
Villain: Ah x

Flop: 9TJ hearts
Players get it all in (made straight flush vs. nut flush draw)
Turn: Qh
River: Kh

It's the same odds as your scenario - to win the villain must get the exact and only two cards he needs on the turn and river - but this scenario involves the best possible hand that Hero can have that can still be beaten by exactly and only two cards.

To make it even better, give Villain Ah6o - it's the worst possible starting hand he can have that still makes this scenario work.
I agree. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom