Currently available micro cash chip?? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I’m almost done building my HS Cleveland tourney set. So it’s time to start another project.
I’m looking to build a 10 player micro cash game set. 5/10 cent nl. Probably a $10 buy in with rebuys.
I don’t think I want to invest 1k plus into a set at this time.
What are some readily available chips? 5 cent for sure. And I personally would probably like a 10 cent chip as well.
I would like 5/10/25/1.00 chips.
I’ve done some searches but it just seems easier to get info right here. I’m guessing someone on here will recommend some chips that I don’t see in a google search.

Lots of options for ceramics. Pretty much none if you are looking for clay.

Any reason you're dead set in having a dime?

I've found that it's much easier to use a tournament set with 5, 25, and 100 demons. Sounds like you could use what you have now if you go that route.

You could absolutely do what @dew4au suggests. I did that for years with a 5c / 10c no limit family game, $10 buy in. I used my Paulson classics. The red 5's were my nic's the green 25's were my quarters, the black 100's my $1's and if things got crazy, I have the purple 500's as my $5's. The funny thing is that the total value of the chips on the table was worth ten times the cash value they were representing. After a while people just associated the red chips with nickles and the green with quarters.

Last edited:
If you wanted something on the cheaper side, you could try some china clay's. You could also go semi-custom CC's, this way you can not only pick your colors the way you want, you could also introduce the dime chip you want to have. Check out Apache, I think its like $430 for 500 semi custom.

Last edited:
Lots of options for ceramics.

Any reason you're dead set in having a dime?

I’ve thought about the dime thing a lot. I’m not sure what it is that draws me to that. But for some reason it just does.haha
I have some ceramic Nile Clubs which I don’t really care for. We play with them now. But quarters are the smallest denomination they come in.
I have some sample sets of Nevada Jack, Tiki and several others that are made by the same manufacturer. Pretty chips. But I don’t love the feel of them.
CC or a similar chip would be fine for this set.
I appreciate all inputs. It’s nice to see what options are out there.

Buy a bunch of roulette chips or some Paulson starbursts..... then have Gear make you some labels. You can make your 10c chip (which I have for my micro cash set) and you are not breaking the bank. 400 chips should be more than enough.

16c each - Poker Knights (or the similar Showdown Club or Monaco Club chips), and have @Gear make you 5c labels to match. Cheapest route by far.

chips-1000-royal-poker-knights-13-5-gram-poker-chips-bulk-1_1024x1024.jpg

http://www.pokerchipswholesale.com/bulk-poker-chips/poker-knights-13-5-gram.html
http://www.pokerchipswholesale.com/bulk-poker-chips/showdown-13-5-gram.html
http://www.pokerchipswholesale.com/bulk-poker-chips/monaco-club-13-5-gram.html

IMO do away with the nickel. Just play blinds 10/10 or play 20 NL and make the blinds 10/20. 5 c. chips are just annoying and I have been playing micros for years.

Don't forget about the Paulson Fan of Cards chips. It's the only Paulson set I know of that goes down to the nickel. And a dime is available too, to satisfy your weird dime craving. Of course, they're not exactly available, but they come up for sale often enough. And generally for less than a buck apiece.
51642D4F-8001-4D2A-BC3E-3A0073399CEE.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom