Crystal Park $5000 chip stuck in airtite case (1 Viewer)

genopark

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi guys,

As title says,

Any suggestion on how to get it out without harming the chip?

If not, I will just leave it in the airtite case..:confused:

Attachments

• 20150301_121627-jpg.7413.jpg
    20150301_121627-jpg.7413.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 190
An x-acto blade can also be used to gently pry apart the two halves with no damage to either or contents

1920px-X-Acto-knife.jpg

Is the foam ring in it?

Never mind, just saw the pic. Stupid tapatalk.

microwave imo. but for no longer than 2 minutes. be careful.

What's stuck where? The two halves of the plastic can be safely pried apart with a knife. There are two layers of plastic around the edge, and the knife will hit plastic, not clay. If the chip itself is wedged into the open half of the airtite, I'd be much more careful. I think you will damage it prying against the clay.

If the chip is stuck in the holder, put it in the Frig for a few minutes and it should come out ok.

If the fridge doesn't work, try warm water instead of the microwave. Seems safer and I have know idea whether the plastic or clay expands faster.

If the chip itself is wedged into the open half of the airtite, I'd be much more careful. I think you will damage it prying against the clay.

I think its the case itself. If it was the open half, I'd just pick the ring out with something pointy.

Seems safer and I have know idea whether the plastic or clay expands faster.
Expanding would make things tighter. I like the refrigerator idea.

Not all Air-tite cases have foam rings. They make a direct fit type as well.

Both the plastic and the chip will expand when they warm up and shrink when they cool, but at different rates. If the chip expands faster, you want to cool them both down. If the plastic expands faster, you want to heat them up. No idea which is the case here, and Russ and Butler seem to disagree on which approach to use.

Nevermind. LOL, I need glasses.

If it's stuck in the open half, turn the chip so it's facing downward. Gently pull on the edges of the air-tite, so the case slightly bows. The chip should fall right out. I've done it several times myself. I always do it over my poker table, so the chip is not damaged when it falls.

my thinking is if the chip doesn't come out after the microwave at least you gave it a little bit of cancer in return for its stubbornness.

It already has a drill hole, just drill the case.

Kidding of course, prying edge or cooling sounds best.

Lots of pricey chips in that pic, grats.

BiGGyT

Send them to me. Be warned though...those chips will look more like old empress chips after I get them out of the plastic and mail them back to you. ;)

Haha good one.

Thanks for all the advice,
Ill try them all when i get home and post a picture of the method that works

What's stuck where? The two halves of the plastic can be safely pried apart with a knife. There are two layers of plastic around the edge, and the knife will hit plastic, not clay. If the chip itself is wedged into the open half of the airtite, I'd be much more careful. I think you will damage it prying against the clay.

And yes, the chip itself is stuck in tight. I accidently made a tiny dent on the chip while trying to get it out.. So i thought id ask here.

And yes, the chip itself is stuck in tight. I accidently made a tiny dent on the chip while trying to get it out.. So i thought id ask here.
Temperature changes and bending the plastic rather than prying I'd say then.

Send them to me. Be warned though...those chips will look more like old empress chips after I get them out of the plastic and mail them back to you. ;)

If you've got old Empress chips you don't mind parting ways with, I know a guy who might be willing to take them off your hands...

I thought you had a problem getting the airtite off the chip. I had the same thing happen and tapped it on the foundation of that house a zillion times and slowly worked it out.

I thought you had a problem getting the airtite off the chip. I had the same thing happen and tapped it on the foundation of that house a zillion times and slowly worked it out.

This worked out for me. Glad i didnt have to go the temp change or bend method.

20150724_212335.jpg

the airtite I bought.

20150724_212352.jpg

After tapping for 5~10 min

20150724_214241.jpg

some chips I made while trying to force it out beforehand :(

Thanks everyone for advices!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom