Crystal Palace $1s - Anybody know the official color. (1 Viewer)

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a great set of Crystal Palace recently, and I've been keeping an eye out for good deals on additional chips of the same colors, in case I want to expand the set but can't find the originals. I also picked up a few barrels of Gold Star $1s, and they match perfectly. I thought these chips were off white, and I bought some starbursts from another sale, but unfortunately, they do not match. Since the Starbursts do appear to be off white, that means the Crystal Palace are another color. Some other options might be Almond, Tan, or Beige. Anybody know for sure, or have either the CP or the GS $1s and a full Paulson color set?

Here's a few pics. First one from the sale ad where I bought the off white starbursts. Second is a pic I just took with everything I have right now, plus some white chips to compare to.

Off White Starburst.jpg

20230401_215936.jpg

Definitely not off white. The starbursts are off white and are clearly a different color. And it's not just aging and use. The colors of the different chips are very consistent as can be seen from the edges in the racked chips at the bottom of the second pic.

The starbursts are off white and are clearly a different color.
There are other starbursts that are different shades of a color and seem to fall in between different Paulson colors. This sometime happens with other Paulson solid chips for that matter, but seems more prevalent with solid starbursts.

Also, different color samples from different years look different colors for the same 'Paulson named' color.

In this case, just the photos above, the $1 Crystal Palace looks a lot lighter than any other Paulson color, it looks Off White to me. The Starburst may be 'Off White' as well, just a different lighter shade.

This thread is a good resource - with photos from different samples over the years:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-color-samples-a-chronology.78618/#post-1605266

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom