Crush Live Poker?? (1 Viewer)

I have used the site and there is a ton of material on there. Bart is really good at explaining what he is thinking and I think the training is solid for live players up to and including 5-10. It is always fun to hear the thoughts of a winning player. There is usually a 30 day free trial offer out there so I would take a look for one. I'm not sure if the one I have is expired, but you can give it a try. "AWA10" dont use the quotes.

On a side note, Moki from old blue is the one who designed and maintains the site for Bart. Bart will come into town a few times a year to go over the site with him and plays some poker with us.

Link to Moki's poker room.
http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/new-local-poker-room.57873/

Mostly same thoughts as Derek. I was a subscriber for a long time (and was a listener to Deuce Plays - his show on Deuces Cracked - Deuce Plays Premium - the first subscription iteration - and Seat Open - the site that predated CLP with a similar model) and feel I got a lot out of it. After a while you're sort of retreading old material, but that happens with every coach and since Bart is (or was) doing the vast,vast majority of the NLHE coaching, that will happen with CLP imo.

That said, it is a fantastic value for either a beginning or intermediate player and to a player who needs continuous reminders to stick to the fundamentals. Also very good entertainment value if you enjoy listening to someone talk about poker in an intelligent way.

Pretty much what has already been said.

I was subscribed for a few months to the podcasts only. When the new weekly (Tuesday?) pod was released I would listen to it on my commute that day. I'd find good pods from the archive, download them, and listen to them on commute one or two other days a week. Learned a TON, listening to Bart talk through his thought process helped me improve my thought process, etc.

After a couple months, I had listened to the archived pods that were great at least once. The weekly pod seemed to get a bit redundant as far as rehashing material. My only other complaint would be Bart can really drone on both A.) In his podcast intro: I really don't care what his recent travels are or what his latest project is and B) In his hand histories. I'd often find my mind wandering off as he's taking fifteen minutes to break down the turn action. Then I would have to backtrack to get the vitals or keep going and hope I didn't miss a detail crucial for the point of the lesson.

I have a feeling the videos are SUPER valuable, but that didn't appeal to me as much as the pods. I simply don't have time to sit down and watch lengthy videos. The pods are great for commute, yardwork etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom