Crown Plaza GB - Cash $100 to Tourney T25K and T500K to Cash $25 customization (MOQ reached) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Introduction

Hello!

Just as the title says, this is open for anyone who is purchasing Tourney denoms from the Abbiati Crown Plaza group buy, and would like to have some T25K in their mix by converting the $100 cash chip, or to add some $25 cash chips by converting the T500, or for anybody who just wants some of these chip and have some money to blow.

I would be quite willing to help other people get a nice, useful T25K chip and/or a $25 chip since none will be specifically manufactured as part of this GB. @Tommy has already obtained the rights from @p5woody to use the Crown Plaza art for this purpose, and the graphic files are planned to be provided to @Gear pending their mutual agreement. Since I live relatively close to the latter, it would be fairly simple for me to obtain the labels when they are printed, and I could remanufacture them in relatively short order (having cut my teeth with several racks of THC as well as BJR4 inlay replacements).

How This Would Work

Please post your interest here for the number of T25K and/or $25 chips you would like produced for you. To be practical, there would be a minimum order of 20 chips per person (can be a mix of both). There is technically no maximum, though bear in mind the needs for your game. What I am not interested in doing is making a bunch of these custom chips for someone to turn around and flip them right away at a huge profit. My primary motivation is really just to provide this service to the GB members (and, by extension, to the greater PCF community by showcasing high end plastic chips).

PLEASE INCLUDE THE NUMBER OF $100 CASH SHIPS AND T500 TOURNEY CHIPS YOU WANT TO CONVERT (AS WELL AS THOSE YOU DON'T WANT TO CONVERT) IN YOUR OWN GROUP BUY ORDER. I will still keep a running tally of the conversion numbers here.

How Much Will This Cost?

The costs that I will need covered would be as follows:
- the cost of getting the chips to me (should be reasonably small)
- the cost of the @Gear -produced labels (estimated at least $0.30 per chip, at 2 labels per chip)
- the return shipping costs to the customer
- a tiny bit for my time
- the $10 art fee per end-user (flat fee regardless of number of chips ordered) according to @Tommy and @p5woody contractual arrangement, paid once per person regardless of number of chips orders or to be converted

The end-user shipping might even be made cheaper if there is one US chipper who is willing to do the reshipping to US addresses.

Please post interest here, and feel free to ask questions.

MemberConverting $100 to T25K Chips (running total 558)Other Conversions (running total 123)
@sgago8440
@suited6750
@ovo20
@Han Trinh11022 ($1 to T100K)
@liftapint60
@Emitsu27
@DCM198620
@HebrewChuckNorris50
@xjake69x20
@Peter Gibbons6121 ($20 to T100K)
@Ischie 100
@asam200680 (T500 to $25)

Last edited:
I will send you 50 x $100s. I will keep the chips on my own order and ship them to you when I re-ship your order.

Last edited:
I can commit to (updated 2/29 to 40) chips. I can also send money in advance to help you purchase the chips.

Last edited:
Okay, it looks like I have totally jumped the gun and assumed a lot of things have been worked out when they haven't.

Please continue to post interest here and I will keep track. I won't make any hard quotes about availability and price until I have been assured by @Tommy , @p5woody , and @Gear that they have a contractual agreement in place regarding the use of art and services. I am only a customer and completely external to these discussions.

I apologize to anybody who I may have offended from my assumptions of how far along in the process this project may have been.

I'm interested in a rack (100)

But please remember for me it doesn't improve our MOQ as 100 hundos would need to be moved from my order. The other 10 would stay for samples.
I hope this comes to pass.

My Best Jeff :)

I am in for 20, but I am confused, do I not order that 20 on my group buy order for the chips ?? Since I am assuming you will be adding this number to the number of hundreds on the groupbuy to combine to make the minimum 1000

After thinking about this some more, for the sake of order accuracy I think it's best that everyone keep the $100 chips on their own order.

If someone wants me to send X amount of $100s to @allforcharity for this, just let me know and I will make a note of it with your order.

After thinking about this some more, for the sake of order accuracy I think it's best that everyone keep the $100 chips on their own order.

If someone wants me to send X amount of $100s to @allforcharity for this, just let me know and I will make a note of it with your order.

Okay, I have edited the OP to take this into consideration. It actually makes a lot of sense, as it makes record keeping easier, and there's less room for hanky panky on my end for charges (not knowing the final chip price). I'll keep the table of quantities to convert so we know how many to be shipped to me.

To reiterate: EVERYBODY ADD THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF $100 CASH CHIPS AND T500 TOURNEY CHIPS TO YOUR OWN ORDER. AND POST HERE HOW MANY OF THOSE YOU WANT TO SEND TO ME FOR EVENTUAL CONVERSION.

Last edited:
Pending firmer price estimates, I'm in for 105 x $100 --> T25000 conversion.
I would be willing to do re-shipping for all US orders, if i do end up getting some done.

In for 27 chips for conversion. I think I'll change my order now on the original order page to reflect the extra $100 chips im getting, and if this doesn't look like its gonna go through I'll change it back to the original (also pending total costs for the conversions).

Last edited:
Do I have to make them $25k chips, or can I pick my own denomination, like $.10 or t2000?

Do I have to make them $25k chips, or can I pick my own denomination, like $.10 or t2000?

I suppose you can make them whatever you want. The art/license fee will still apply, and you'll have to contact @Gear to see if he'll make a short run of chips - if you were only wanting a barrel or two then you might want to do this project yourself (but I'd be happy to help if you wanted me to). I'm just going by the consensus that the T25K would be the most popular relabel and could be produced in quantity.

Okay, someone mentioned that they may consider doing a T500 to Cash $25 conversion. The only way we'll know if there's enough interest to do so is to ask. So I've modified the thread to include the option for this conversion as well.

Same guidelines. Anybody who wants to do this conversion, please post the number of chips you want to convert as well as add the requisite T500 chips to your own order.

Okay, it looks like I have totally jumped the gun and assumed a lot of things have been worked out when they haven't.

Please continue to post interest here and I will keep track. I won't make any hard quotes about availability and price until I have been assured by @Tommy , @p5woody , and @Gear that they have a contractual agreement in place regarding the use of art and services. I am only a customer and completely external to these discussions.

I apologize to anybody who I may have offended from my assumptions of how far along in the process this project may have been.

Question for @Tommy & @allforcharity

Will we know if this conversion will even take place and the final prices (besides shipping of course) before the end of the order period?

My original order is predicated on the prices for this conversion and on the fact of it going through or not, since I don’t think we’re too clear on that yet. Knowing this soon would be good so we don’t end up with a bunch of extra 100s that we don’t need at the end :tup:

It looks like we've reached the MOQ on the $100s, so I'm pretty sure it's going to go through.

The costs associated for the conversion would be:
- $10 flat fee for the right to use the art
- shipping of all the chips to be converted to my US address and pick-up fees, estimated total $18-24 evenly divided between the chips
- production of the labels; before this cost is known, Gear will need some chip samples (which I will provide) to do some analysis and experimentation to determine what label would be best; estimate $0.30-$0.40 per chip
- shipping finished chips to a central US address for further distribution to all other US addresses (via @liftapint if she is willing to do this), estimate is about $30 evenly divided between the chips, plus further shipping costs; Canada and International destinations can be done by me at Canada Post costs
- cost for conversion itself, which I will ballpark estimate at $0.75 per chip, not including unforeseen medical expenses like band-aids, accidental finger amputation, and hemorrhagic stroke from stress

I will pay all of the direct costs up front and charge individuals at the end. So, be prepared for a range of $1.50 to $2.00 per converted chip in extra costs, closer to $1.50 for larger quantities, and closer to $2.00 for smaller quantities, plus a bit for final shipping. These numbers are an estimate, not a guarantee.

Okay so then an agreement has been reached with @p5woody, @Gear & @Tommy to move forward with this? That was where the uncertainty was before, right?

@p5woody and myself have already discussed artwork use so no problem there. Gear is in the business of making labels. So I don't see him refusing orders. We'll make sure he has the art when it comes time for him to receive orders. That won't be until he has sample GB chips in hand.

I'm hoping more people are interested in the T500 conversion but knowing that @Gear will have the art work is reassuring because at the very least if I have to rip off all the labels myself at least I'll have label replacements.

Less than one week left until cutoff for the main GB, so if you want to get in on some of the proposed chip conversions, please remember to post your requests here!

Hoping for some clarification.
If I want to order just the labels to convert chips on my own, is that possible?

Hoping for some clarification.
If I want to order just the labels to convert chips on my own, is that possible?

Yes, I think so. You'll just have to make your own deal with whoever you choose to make those labels, and make sure that the art fee is paid. Ain't nobody running a monopoly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom