Critique this line up (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure if I can do blue and orange.
Still blue better than what is in post #40 or #38?

I had a lot of trouble pinning down my orange chip as well, I think I had 40 different color/spot iterations at one point, lol. I'd recommend walking away for a day or two, then come back and revisit.

edit to add: I think either option in post #38 would look awesome.

And remember dude, you're paying for these - get what you want! Opinions (especially here on PCF) are like assholes....

Last edited:
I know but there are a lot of guys with a lot of experience that can make some recommendations to avoid some pitfalls. Ultimately it does come down to what I enjoy looking at but every time someone posts one of these threads the end result is much better than the starting point. I think with mine as well.

What I ended up doing for my orange chip was mocking up a bunch of different combos, pretty much any combo I thought looked cool, then printed them all out side by side. I circled the 3 or 4 that I liked best one day, then put it down and came back day or two later. Some changed after that initial look. Eventually I whittled the list down to a few options, then I threw each of those into a mock up of the rest of the set. My favorite individual chip didn't make it in because I felt it didn't flow with the rest of the set, so I went with the next best one that did. If you care to indulge, a draft of that orange mock up list is here. You've got your spot pattern set, and it looks like you've got the rest of your lineup pretty well nailed down, so this approach or something similar may be something worth considering.

I know but there are a lot of guys with a lot of experience that can make some recommendations to avoid some pitfalls. Ultimately it does come down to what I enjoy looking at but every time someone posts one of these threads the end result is much better than the starting point. I think with mine as well.
My set certainly ended up being much better for the all the opinions that were posted. Like @Irish said take them on board, because it helps to have fresh ideas and options you wouldn't have thought about, but go with what you want.

It's already looking fantastic though

Last edited:
AkChip sent me a color sample set that I should have within the next day or so. CPC is running CSQ in 2 months so I would have to have the chip decisions done probably within a week or so or wait a really long time.
I feel really good about everything except the 1k chip. I will follow some of what @Irish recommended & hopefully get some answers with the color samples in hand. :nailbite: :nailbite: :nailbite:

I changed the 1K to a 6D18 so there is more orange exposed. I just kept going back to the grey/charcoal every time, this way there is a little more of the brightness and a little less of the g/c.
I should get my color samples in hand today or tomorrow and unless they change my mind I think this will be the final answer (for the chip/colors anyways)
:nailbite: :D :nailbite:

Grey.png

I changed the 1K to a 6D18 so there is more orange exposed. I just kept going back to the grey/charcoal every time, this way there is a little more of the brightness and a little less of the g/c.
I should get my color samples in hand today or tomorrow and unless they change my mind I think this will be the final answer (for the chip/colors anyways)
:nailbite: :D :nailbite:

View attachment 285905

At this point does it make sense to switch the 25k to a 6D18 as well? With just one 8D18 it feels less like a “progression” and more of a “one of these things is not like the other”.

At this point does it make sense to switch the 25k to a 6D18 as well? With just one 8D18 it feels less like a “progression” and more of a “one of these things is not like the other”.

This has been discussed. I think I'm ok with it being different.
The T25's & T100's will not be in play by the time a T5k hits the felt so it will really be only 1 of 3 chips in play that is different.

Thank You everyone for your input on this thread and a couple others to get me to the finish line.
Thanks @AK Chip for loaning me the sample set. I will get it back to you this week.
Comfortable this is the final answer
Next step - Email David :nailbite:

20190511_184902052_iOS.jpg

20190511_184913628_iOS.jpg

20190511_184850594_iOS.jpg

20190511_184839702_iOS.jpg

20190511_184922588_iOS.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom