Critique and offer suggestions for my 1/4 pie edge spot CPC set (1 Viewer)

Not sure how I feel on the plain textured 1/4 pies. I was thinking of trying that, but now, I’m not sold. The plain designs unlike tend to have spots, really emphasizing the color combos.

I like the color combinations you have. The mandarin red works. With the arc yellow, the mandarin gives is a more consistent fall orange-tone.

[Edit: I was looking at chip #5. I would go Mandarin there. Dayglo Orange and Mandarin Red are very similar- tough using the same color on two different quarter pie chips.]

I’m also sensing the potential for a pattern. #1 & 3 use the light color twice (top & bottom). #4 uses the dark color twice. #2 & 5 use the middle color twice.

Potentially something to play with. Perhaps a consistent emphasis (e.g., always medium twice with dark left, light right)? Or Alternating (e.g., light, medium, dark, medium, light?) Perhaps light twice for the early removes, dark for the late color ups? Mostly because patterns are comfortable- but given color-ups, it may not be noticeable. Again, I like what you have, though.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel on the plain textured 1/4 pies. I was thinking of trying that, but now, I’m not sold. The plain designs unlike tend to have spots, really emphasizing the color combos.

I like the color combinations you have. The mandarin red works. With the arc yellow, the mandarin gives is a more consistent fall orange-tone.

[Edit: I was looking at chip #5. I would go Mandarin there. Dayglo Orange and Mandarin Red are very similar- tough using the same color on two different quarter pie chips.]

I’m also sensing the potential for a pattern. #1 & 3 use the light color twice (top & bottom). #4 uses the dark color twice. #2 & 5 use the middle color twice.

Potentially something to play with. Perhaps a consistent emphasis (e.g., always medium twice with dark left, light right)? Or Alternating (e.g., light, medium, dark, medium, light?) Perhaps light twice for the early removes, dark for the late color ups? Mostly because patterns are comfortable- but given color-ups, it may not be noticeable. Again, I like what you have, though.
Thanks for your input. I didn't even realize I had a pattern with using light and dark colors every other chip, and moderate colors on the others. I chose my base chip colors in order to facilitate no dirty stacks between each denomination. A light blue on the T100, for example, works better than the imperial or dark blue because the darker blues look too similar to the T500 black chip.

I'm really stuck on what to do for a bounty chip, though...

Just wanted to say that I really love the idea of a three color QP full set. This thread has been a wild ride as I was rooting for the set but you navigated a lot of opinions that were urging caution. I do think it’s one of those things that either works and looks incredible (Riverboats) or it could look like a train wreck. But as long as you generally stay within a somewhat narrow color lane for each chip it will look great and it seems that is where you ended up. These look great and are inspiring me.

Aesthetically for the mold, I think you want (feeling aside) something pretty geometric like Diasqr, B mold,hourglass, and I do think the plane mold would work really well. OR, for some reason the color blocking of the QP reminds me of a circus (in a great way) and depending on the inlay design I would absolutely love these on the Elephant & Crown mold.

Just wanted to say that I really love the idea of a three color QP full set. This thread has been a wild ride as I was rooting for the set but you navigated a lot of opinions that were urging caution. I do think it’s one of those things that either works and looks incredible (Riverboats) or it could look like a train wreck. But as long as you generally stay within a somewhat narrow color lane for each chip it will look great and it seems that is where you ended up. These look great and are inspiring me.

Aesthetically for the mold, I think you want (feeling aside) something pretty geometric like Diasqr, B mold,hourglass, and I do think the plane mold would work really well. OR, for some reason the color blocking of the QP reminds me of a circus (in a great way) and depending on the inlay design I would absolutely love these on the Elephant & Crown mold.
It's been a ride, that's for sure. I don't have an iota of artistic taste or experience, so I'll always defer to the pros here that have done it and know what will mix well and not cause dirty stacks or pots.

I'm waiting for the Chesterfield samples from CPC to arrive to get a sense of how the textured plain mold feels. I really am about 60/40 leaning towards the plain mold as of now, as I already have a Rounders CSQ and Key West H-mold set. Going plain mold would be different. I also happen to think that quarter pies would look awesome on the plain mold. Either going that direction or a mold with an outer ring.

I really like what I have so far. What I ultimately end up ordering will look very similar to my last plain mold mock up. I'm just absolutely stumped with what to do for a bounty chip for this set. Any ideas? The set is going to have a river boat/canoe theme. I was thinking about it saying "OVERBOARD" or "Man Overboard" instead of "Bounty".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom