Cribbage Tournament - Returning Champs (1 Viewer)

Wifey

GEAR LABELS
Site Vendor
Reaction score
One of our local poker buddies likes to hold an annual couples cribbage tournament.
It comes with a trophy that gets passed along to the champs year to year, The Golden Peg. (yeah just a railroad spike spray painted gold)

We won it in October of 2019 and proudly displayed it on our poker room trophy shelf.
2019 Champs.JPGTrophy Shelf (1).JPG

Then of course we got to keep it for 2020, but we didn't get to show it off!

We are defending our title this Saturday, here is the line up:
Collecting Points.jpgBracket after round 5.jpg
Separately, we have to play 5 games and then add our points up as a couple.
Then couples are ranked by combined points and play bracket style down to a final winner.

We have been practicing and knocking the rust off our counting. These games move FAST.
We play one game a night after dinner...I have been texting out the doozies to the group.
Cribbage Practice 1.JPGCribbage Practice 2.JPGCribbage Practice 3.JPG

I will post how we did...
Wish us luck!

OMG this is awesome, love the idea, cribbage is so much fun. So you play a bunch of games individually to get "ranked" - then play as a team (4 player games) the rest of the way?

Good luck with this year's tourney!

One of our local poker buddies likes to hold an annual couples cribbage tournament.
It comes with a trophy that gets passed along to the champs year to year, The Golden Peg. (yeah just a railroad spike spray painted gold)

We won it in October of 2019 and proudly displayed it on our poker room trophy shelf.
View attachment 801274View attachment 801275

Then of course we got to keep it for 2020, but we didn't get to show it off!

We are defending our title this Saturday, here is the line up:
View attachment 801276View attachment 801277
Separately, we have to play 5 games and then add our points up as a couple.
Then couples are ranked by combined points and play bracket style down to a final winner.

We have been practicing and knocking the rust off our counting. These games move FAST.
We play one game a night after dinner...I have been texting out the doozies to the group.
View attachment 801278View attachment 801279View attachment 801280

I will post how we did...
Wish us luck!
Cribbage is the best two player gammmmeeeee

I use to love playing cribbage. It's been a long time, maybe I should dust my old cribbage board off. Good luck in your cribbage tournament!

Good luck guys, hope you retain the title! :cool

Is that you and @Gear in the pic?
No wonder getting labels in the post always felt like Christmas! :D
It came in useful during Christmas tournaments where kids were running wild...someone said shhhh he just wrote down your names, then tilted their head to Chris... :p He has shaved and dropped a few sizes since then...so he doesn't look like Santa any more. :cool

So you play a bunch of games individually to get "ranked" - then play as a team (4 player games) the rest of the way?
Yep, you got it exactly!
The brackets are best of 3 per team.
Loads of fun for all.

We have played a different kind of cribbage tournament as well. My gramps took us to his Legion and all 3 of us played.
Chris was the only one of us who made the money. Now THAT tournament was so fast...All these 70+ year olds playing where they just recognize the card patterns and count. We couldn't keep up! That tourny was more of a "Points" version...I found the start of the rules here.

Cribbage is my family game! My dad taught all of us boys to play and we play every time we are together. Unfortunately, my wife somehow doesn't like to play cards of any kind...it is her worst trait.

Lucky you two are that you have a game you can play together! I am truly envious!

Love Cribbage - it was one of the first games I learned as a kid. Played with my grandfather all the time, $1/game ($2 if skunked). I taught my daughter how to play when she was 5 as a way to work on math - it's one of the few card games she still plays.

Whelp, we didn't re-claim the trophy. :(

The hosts were awesome, and put up a great prize to go with the Golden Peg:
The Prize.JPG

So round robin guys vs. guys, ladies vs ladies.
Gentlemen.JPGLadies.JPG

Add it all up and rank the couples by their totals. I was impressed at how close it was!
Round Robin Totals.JPG

Chris and I wound up being second in points, thus getting a buy to the semi's.

@Mesnik44 and his wife tied, and had to play off just for the chance to win to play us...
And of course not only did they win, but they just kept on winning!
They blew us out of the water, having way more practice at the four player before hitting us.
Rankings when we went out.JPG

We asked them to get a current pic of us before they moved on to the finals...and I wasn't bitter at all...
Don't rub it in.JPGChamps no more.JPG

Well at least we lost to the final winners...
Congrats to Mesnik44 and his wife for being this year's winners!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom