Creating a custom, mixed set (1 Viewer)

TheWhiteJZ

Two Pair
Reaction score
Through a few random transactions over the years, I acquired a random assortment of chips that I am thinking of turning into a custom set. They are of mixed manufacture/molds. My idea was to create a custom label and simply over-label them, and play with them.

Does anyone have strong feelings for or against a set of mixed manufacture/molds?

Should I over-label all of them, or just the ones that dont currently have labels?

they would be:

solid blue TRK (used as 25c)
Solid white THC (used as 1s)
HS Cinci $5s
Key West/CPC $25s
HS Cinci 100s

902C3FE6-1D46-4CCE-AA9E-44EA0BB8643E.jpeg

My feeling is that mixed sets are cool - I would lean toward same mold / different label rather than different mold / same label for my own personal taste.

I agree with the others. The TRK doesn't have a recess so if you don't mill them they are gonna be funky. The H mold has a different inlay size than the others so pulling that off would be tricky...

Sell them and use that money to start a true CPC custom set.

I can pretty much guarantee there will be major stack height issues as well. TRK chips are much shorter than the rest and most CPC chips are taller than Paulson chips.

Aesthetically, putting a unifying label across the denominations will go a long way towards making the diversity of molds a feature rather than a flaw.

Overlabels won't work on the TRKs because they have no recess. They'll stack very poorly and won't look very good either. I think you might have the same issues with the H-molds, and maybe even the Paulsons if they're too badly worn.

Otherwise, despite what everyone else says, I think your idea is intriguing. Only you can decide if the end result is good enough to suit your tastes.

Aesthetically, putting a unifying label across the denominations will go a long way towards making the diversity of molds a feature rather than a flaw.

Overlabels won't work on the TRKs because they have no recess. They'll stack very poorly and won't look very good either. I think you might have the same issues with the H-molds, and maybe even the Paulsons if they're too badly worn.

Otherwise, despite what everyone else says, I think your idea is intriguing. Only you can decide if the end result is good enough to suit your tastes.
user name checks out :) you ARE crazy for thinking this might work!

Good point about over labels for the TRKs and the Roulette THCs. So i guess it would require milling, which is starting to defeat the purpose of my idea which was going to be an easy and cheap little project for the short term.
Sell them and use that money to start a true CPC custom set.
This is, indeed, my long-term plan.

thanks for the feedback, all.

I tried it, the diameter difference alone was tilting. Quickly abandoned; glad I escaped cheaply. Stick to one mold, unless adding an oversized chip at the high end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom