Creating a chipset with unique inlays for each chip (1 Viewer)

PocketQuads

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am planning on creating a custom chipset which would be used more as promotional material rather than as actual playing chips. I want each individual chip to have sort of like a "serial number" on it (e.g. #1 - #100), so that they have the same general design, but are still uniquely identifiable.

I emailed CPC if something like this was possible with them, and unfortunately they can neither offer this, nor create their chips without an inlay (so that they could be added later) because they use compression molding instead of injection molding.

So my question now is: How would you do something like this? Are there any comparable custom chip vendors that would allow something like this? Or is it possible to order the chips with a random inlay from CPC and then somehow swap that out later?

Any help or hints in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
You can likely order blanks and add an inlay of your own later. Purchasing inlaid chips and removing the inlay/milling to replace labels seems a bit expensive but is an option. Theres a few vendors that offer blanks and you can get labels made from vendors here, I'm sure some one would be willing to work with you provided they have the time

Hi there,

I am planning on creating a custom chipset which would be used more as promotional material rather than as actual playing chips. I want each individual chip to have sort of like a "serial number" on it (e.g. #1 - #100), so that they have the same general design, but are still uniquely identifiable.

I emailed CMC if something like this was possible with them, and unfortunately they can neither offer this, nor create their chips without an inlay (so that they could be added later) because they use compression molding instead of injection molding.

So my question now is: How would you do something like this? Are there any comparable custom chip vendors that would allow something like this? Or is it possible to order the chips with a random inlay from CMC and then somehow swap that out later?

Any help or hints in the right direction would be much appreciated :)
When you say CMC, do you mean CPC? Custom Poker chips? these guys http://www.pokerchipsonline.com/ ?

If you're ordering China Clays, then you can get them blank and add your own aftermarket labels afterward. Just be sure that's what you want and be prepared for some extra expense for custom labels plus lots of time.

Removing inlay from CPC takes about 5 seconds so you could buy chips with any inlay, remove them, and then put a gear label in the recess. Would be really nice when done.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The problem with buying chips second hand is that I am firstly looking for mint chips, and secondly I'm looking to get multiple color schemes with 100 chips each. It's really hard to find this combination on the secondary market.

I think ordering them from CMC and then working with @Gear to replace the inlays might be something that could work, I'll contact them to find out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom