Crazy Question on Adding Race Track Line (1 Viewer)

Steve Birrer

Two Pair
Reaction score
So my group has decided to move up in size to a two table tournament. Hopefully the interest and small growth this summer will make this worth while. I have a very nice table and the guy that built it has another ready to go if I want it. At my game last night the two players who deal (both have dealt professionally and one at the WSOP) asked me if I could get the new table with a race track line. I told them its already built but thought I would ask here. The problem is several players just can't seem to get it in there head that moving their chips or cards out x far toward the middle constitutes a play. Yes we have talked to them an naseuim and they just can't get it (they are otherwise good reliable players).

Is there a reasonable way to add a race track line to an existing table with SSC?

I’d use the search function and search “add race track betting line” I believe there’s already a few threads that discuss it thoroughly and even includes the input of member/vendors here who build poker tables for a living or sell SSC and would be the most knowledgeable.

Well thanks guys. I have looked at these other threads and just don't think its for me. Just afraid I won't like the results of any DIY efforts I would put forth....lol

Are you talking about a race track or a betting line? I know there have been threads about adding betting lines.

This was my question as well.. I’m assuming it’s a semantics issue, and the OP is referring to a betting line. A racetrack is a style of play surface, and of questionable playability. :). Even on racetrack tables, the racetrack rarely constitutes an official betting line. Players often move chips off the racetrack, cut out chips on the felt, then push them forward to bet. As to the OPs question, I’d say either deal with the player inconsistency or get a new table with a betting line. I own a table with betting line and it never gets used.

With the players that do t get it, simply start enforcing forward motion. If youve explained it to them countless times, just be matter of fact about it. They’ll adjust or they won’t.

Only way I would try it is via airbrushed paint -- done properly, the results should look good, although I don't think it would handle wear very well.

I just had T-Chan print me a suited-speedcloth design with betting line on gaming cloth -- best of all worlds (nice ssc design with betting line and soft hi-glide surface).

I used a fat sharpie on my round table / ssc and it came out fine imo. Although I recognize it is much easier to set up a jig for a round table than oval for that perfect circle that my players demand...lol...but you could make a template from cardboard or whatever and trace around it. Hobby Lobby / Joann's is your friend for tons of fabric markers/paint.

Could always try it on a scrap piece of ssc to see how it looks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom