Crazy hand at Bellagio (2 Viewers)

badpokerplayer

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Playing 2-5 NL at Bellagio, 500 max buy.
Down to 350 after bluffing at the wrong pot. Pick up KK UTG, raise to 15 button makes it 40 and SB calls and i call.
Flop comes K-5-2, I bet out 75, button raises to 150, SB folds, I shove. He tanks for a few minutes and says "I think I'm ahead" I inform him he is mistaken. He says "fuck it" and calls, turn card is a 10, he says "now i have the best hand" and shows 10-10, I again inform him he is mistaken, and table my K-K. We laugh knowing hes drawing to one out, and BOOM dealer peels off the last 10 in the deck. I laugh, but die a little inside. I wanted to rebuy, but I really had no desire after a beat like that..

Ouch :(. I think you are supposed to jump up and down to make it feel better...

I might be mixing that up with after you get kicked in the balls.

Reactions: 72o
Playing 2-5 NL at Bellagio, 500 max buy.
Down to 350 after bluffing at the wrong pot. Pick up KK UTG, raise to 15 button makes it 40 and SB calls and i call.
Flop comes K-5-2, I bet out 75, button raises to 150, SB folds, I shove. He tanks for a few minutes and says "I think I'm ahead" I inform him he is mistaken. He says "fuck it" and calls, turn card is a 10, he says "now i have the best hand" and shows 10-10, I again inform him he is mistaken, and table my K-K. We laugh knowing hes drawing to one out, and BOOM dealer peels off the last 10 in the deck. I laugh, but die a little inside. I wanted to rebuy, but I really had no desire after a beat like that..
Been there, done that. Like taking a punch to the gut.

AQ vs Q3 shoved when down to four in big event. Hero feeling good when flop comes Axx. 3, 3 busto! We've all been there but his comments make it that much more painful.

From a cash game a few years ago at my place.
sick.jpg

Look somewhat similar to one of my worst beats that I recall. 99 vs A8. Flop is 9 8 2. Turn 8. River 8.

Almost the same. You had one more out so yours was a 3 in 1000 chance vs my 1 in 1000. Brutal game sometimes.

Almost the same. You had one more out so yours was a 3 in 1000 chance vs my 1 in 1000. Brutal game sometimes.

This is true as my nemesis could have gone runner runner A-A as well. The timing and circumstances were bad too as it was the end of the night and we were (by far) the two chip leaders (cash game).

This is true as my nemesis could have gone runner runner A-A as well. The timing and circumstances were bad too as it was the end of the night and we were (by far) the two chip leaders (cash game).
Wasn't even thinking about the aces. Either way he had to hit runner runner on you since getting a combination of an A and an 8 on the next two cards would not have beat you since he would have had 8's full of aces.

So he actually had a 6 in 1000 shot at beating you.

Wasn't even thinking about the aces. Either way he had to hit runner runner on you since getting a combination of an A and an 8 on the next two cards would not have beat you since he would have had 8's full of aces.

So he actually had a 6 in 1000 shot at beating you.

Correct. I recall telling him after the fact that he was slightly better than 0.5% to win post flop. I don't think he could hear me over his enormous stacks of chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom