Crazy 4-way AIPF at 1/2/5 PLO (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Played at Luckys Poker Room (Tampa Greyhound Track) for the first time today, had heard how crazy this game can get.

1/2 PLO with a mandatory $5 button straddle (and anyone can restradle) so there were guys early who would restraddle to $10 and then another to $20, then when it came back around to them they'd pot it.

Was absolute mayhem early as people were trying to build stacks from smaller buyins (buyins are $200-1K)

Anyway, the Cuban kid in his 30's was facing three all-ins and called off $1,200 with Q976 single suited????

They ran it twice and he scooped both boards and a pot over 4K.

One guy was straddling and then potting preflop blind and just playing his hand blind the whole way through. Some of the players would agree every dealer change to just toss in $50-100 each and do a flip (one guy would even try to do sidebets on the flip with other players)

We also had Dewey Tomko at the table, although he played crazy tight (I thought I was a nit, lol!). I managed to book a $325 win over 6 hours so can't complain, but man those guys like to gamble!

crazy.png

I’ve seen plenty of calls like. Bet, call, raise, raise, back to the first guy who then jams, look at the two guys behind you that already raised as well and you know they coming along. Good chance they are all sharing a lot of cards so you go with it. I’d prefer to have no Broadway cards at all in that spot knowing I’d have to make 2 pair or better to win. And only running it once, what’s the point of getting all in there looking to chop!?!

Change the Qd out with an 8 and see how much the equity goes up.

Did you say this was a P* play money hand?

Since this game is so flop dependent upon changing the equity of hands I generally do my best to keep pots small for the most part until then, since I buyin for the max in these games and there are other big stacks out there.

I had a guy pay me off with an 82 flush when I had the nut flush, people are just that bad, I don't feel the need to flip coins preflop (but will get it in with good AAxx holdings when I can isolate another player and have an equity edge, otherwise generally I'm just calling with my AAxx hands and other premiums -if it's already been raised) so I don't tip anyone off to the strength of my holding (or raising them when I will have a positional advantage, but still enough to keep pots multi-way so I have a better shot of getting paid when I do hit.

In these crazy games with lots of straddles and pot raises preflop there are not big stacks!!!

In these types of games I prefer to buy-in for the minimum and gamble it up with strong multi-way hands that may not be able to get to the river with if you have a full stack. You get to realize all of your equity. If you miss, rebuy for $200 again until you do hit a big hand. After that tighten up or leave.

In these crazy games with lots of straddles and pot raises preflop there are not big stacks!!!

In these types of games I prefer to buy-in for the minimum and gamble it up with strong multi-way hands that may not be able to get to the river with if you have a full stack. You get to realize all of your equity. If you miss, rebuy for $200 again until you do hit a big hand. After that tighten up or leave.

Was my first time playing this one, but yes, buying in shorter and being guaranteed to realize your equity can be ok, although generally best in a game with big stacks that still have action post-flop and can push out other hands so you have dead money in there

But calling $300 preflop all-in but still have to play against another player or 2 for a possible side pot with $700 left behind means going all-in on just about any flop you connect at all with, even just 1 pair. And calling $300 and then folding on the flop is even worse!

People play to get it all-in preflop to minimize the advantage good players have over them.
They know enough that if they end up heads up they are usually at least 40% equity with some dead money. Especially if someone with the $1k stacks to start the hand has to fold on the flop. They now have $300+ in dead money they could win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom