Craigslist refurbish (1 Viewer)

IaHawk

Straight
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Picking this WPT table up for $20 on Sunday, going to attempt to put down new foam and speed cloth. A nice mini project before I attempt my full build....will take pics and update here.

I have played on one of those tables. It is sturdy but the felt is horrible! It was all wrinkled and kind of floated.

Looking forward to how it turns out, good luck.

I’ve looked at refurbishing one of these, lots of rivets holding the top and rail on, but drill them out and it should be an easy job.

Finally was able to pick up the table, ended up getting it for $10! Need to take a closer look to see what it will take to get the rail off and get new foam and speed cloth on it. It’s a little smaller (48 inches) then what I would like but should make a great overflow table. The rail is in decent shape and the legs are still tight/sturdy. Stay tuned...

Attachments

• 7A120272-8FC4-454A-88F4-769F9968A8F6.jpeg
    7A120272-8FC4-454A-88F4-769F9968A8F6.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 242
It will fit 6 people easy which is plenty for the start of a cash game as players bust from a tournament. Then once a bigger table is open they can move to it. Great option to have and it doesn’t take much space. Great pick up for $10.

what it will take to get the rail off and get new foam and speed cloth on it.
I reupholstered some dining room chairs a number of years back. One tip I can think of -- if there are lot of staples to remove, buy a staple remover, but not the kind you squeeze together between your fingers - the ones that have something like a screwdriver handle, for more leverage. Depending on the type/depth/holding power etc. of the staple, even a cheap plastic one might do the trick, but they all have a flat metal part to get under the staple.

Last edited:
Unforetunely these tables are not built with any quality at all. The playing surface is just hardboard with felt on it. It makes redoing the playing surface difficult because there is nothing to attach padding and and cloth to. This was the very first table I had and I ended up just using headliner material for it because it's all one and you can just spray glue it down.

Unforetunely these tables are not built with any quality at all. The playing surface is just hardboard with felt on it. It makes redoing the playing surface difficult because there is nothing to attach padding and and cloth to. This was the very first table I had and I ended up just using headliner material for it because it's all one and you can just spray glue it down.
Nothing wrong with headliner. I think headliner maybe the best feeling foam to use. I find many of the purpose made foams I’ve played on are too dense and still hard the shuffle on.

Nothing wrong with headliner. I think headliner maybe the best feeling foam to use. I find many of the purpose made foams I’ve played on are too dense and still hard the shuffle on.
Yea I thought it worked well. At least as a secondary table.

Not going to lie, it’s still sitting in the basement. :unsure: Took a quick look at taking it apart and didn’t look all that easy so it’s been sitting there. I don’t understand how/why they made these without any foam either.

I agree that it might be better served as a cheapie backup. If you’re going to the hassle of reupholstering the felt or rail you’re far better off just cutting new plywood for both. Spending $40 in lumber and put that upholstery onto something that will last. I’ve redone cheap tables and regretted it.

Brian how is the table, one popped up by me and I'm looking for a spill over table. Thoughts overall? He wants $60

This project got axed, decided it wasn’t worth the effort. The table is fairly stable but I wouldn’t want to use it without adding some type of foam because it has NONE.

I ended up selling it and picked up a 10 man table for $50 and that will be my secondary table once I build one. I wouldn’t pay more then $20 for that WPT table...the no foam is just terrible in my opinion. It just depends how bad you need it and if you are ok with the lack of foam.

Attachments

• FB062DB0-C7B5-4BEF-AA35-40E4EFE7E22B.jpeg
    FB062DB0-C7B5-4BEF-AA35-40E4EFE7E22B.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 192

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom