Craigslist find (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Found these about a month ago on Craigslist for $50. The seller wouldn’t ship, so I, admittedly cheekily, contacted @MatB to see if he would pick them up if I paid for them and we shared them.

Chipper of the year award goes to Mat, because he agreed to pick them up and ship them for me, but didn’t want any of them for himself, despite my protests.

On a side note, if anyone is every selling the red TRK Nevada lodge $5s, sell them only to matb.

I plan on drilling and relabelling these, and have been inspired by @bentax1978 and @detroitdad to do a tribute set for my overseas wedding/honeymoon.

And here they are.
E6F7B3AB-2AC8-4379-BA3F-A3AF742F8925.jpeg

004C77AE-D51A-4EFB-983C-ADBBC2D2C4C2.jpeg

Matt’s a good shit.
@Perthmike please tell me these things were in NH or VT or something. I gave up searching craigslist because I never saw anything good - are you telling me these paulsons were in my own back yard, and for $50???

Matt’s a good shit.
@Perthmike please tell me these things were in NH or VT or something. I gave up searching craigslist because I never saw anything good - are you telling me these paulsons were in my own back yard, and for $50???
The seller was in Exeter.

Nice chips, nice stamps, but what was he thinking with those denomination colors.. :confused:

Nice chips, nice stamps, but what was he thinking with those denomination colors.. :confused:
Yeah it’s a bit random. Somehow I need to figure out how to turn it into a tournament set.

Alternatively I might do a cash set, label the whites as fracs, tan chips as $1s, reds as 5s and blacks as $20s.

Unsure what to do with the blues. They are more worn than the rest.

Yeah it’s a bit random. Somehow I need to figure out how to turn it into a tournament set.

Alternatively I might do a cash set, label the whites as fracs, tan chips as $1s, reds as 5s and blacks as $20s.

Unsure what to do with the blues. They are more worn than the rest.
If they were mine, I’d keep them as is, play a .50/.50 cash game using just the .50s, 2.00’s, and 10’s, and resell the rest.

Great find there Mike !!

@upNdown, i was just as surprised as you, these were 20 minutes from my house. I check craigslist now and then but never see anything good.

Had a quick attempt at oiling some of these. Didn’t bother oiling more than a couple of the whites, as it didn’t make a difference. Barrels on the right are oiled. Can’t decide if it’s worth doing them all, although the difference is more pronounced in person.
BA541322-0295-4034-9951-E00371D9ED26.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom