CPS Group Buy Poll

My kids can do without food for a few weeks- I am IN for the GB!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

palmgaming

Sitting Out
Reaction score
CPS group buy poll. Please only vote if you are committing to a future order so we can gauge interest and manufacturing costs.

Pricing: the chip cost will NOT exceed 35c and depending on results may be less by a few pennies but for now figure 35c ea

Custom printed chips using your supplied artwork will be 45c ea

PGI will offer FREE design time up to 30 minutes if you need help in creating your custom design on orders of 500+ chips

ORIGINAL color set will be used for the GB including original printing

We are ordering CPS chips-factory printed- AND blanks AND labels seperate so you can create your own color/factory label combo

This will offer the greatest flexibility ever for a Group Buy chip.
Custom dealer buttons will also be available

Shipping will be on a flat rate basis to ease the confusion and work required to figure out shipping costs for US customers

If the GB takes off- we will invoice you for your order incl shipping and will require a 50 per cent deposit. Balance due when the chips arrive and are ready to ship.

We will have to figure out international shipping based on individual orders. We will ship USPS flat rate International when possible and will post a schedule showing cost and max number of chips that can be shipped in this manner.

If ONE person overseas wishes to handle their own GB and can order a large enough quantity- we will discount the chip price and ship directly to ONE location overseas and you can handle the International orders.

CoffeeRunner

Reaction score
I've been lurking for awhile waiting for a CPS group buy! Thanks for putting this together, I hope we get enough interest.

BHB

Flush
Reaction score
I see your poll is closed. I am new to the site - but would be interested in 500-750 chips - depending on the make up of the chips. I am a little confused on what actual chips these will be? Who is the manufacturer ?
Thanks
Bruce B

Psypher1000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see your poll is closed. I am new to the site - but would be interested in 500-750 chips - depending on the make up of the chips. I am a little confused on what actual chips these will be? Who is the manufacturer ?
Thanks
Bruce B
PGI is not moving forward with the buy. The manufacturer would be a maker in China; the name of the specific Chinese manufacturer typically isn't disclosed.

A number of sets of these have been offered recently in the classified section of the forums...you should take a look to see if they're still available - BUT I always recommend that folks get samples of a product before they buy.

Seriously. Get samples first.

Chips made of similar materials can be found here. Note that the linked chips, while also China clays, do not have the cross-hatching on the CPS chips and have a different mold. That cross-hatching on the CPS chips is very distinctive and tends to be polarizing - folks love it or they hate it. Getting a sample of the Majestics is fine for a materials comparison, but you'll get a pretty different tactile experience out of the CPS chips than the Majestics.

The specific chips they were polling for look like...

Last edited:

200 Motels

Flush
Reaction score
It seems that a lot of people wanted to make subtle changes to these chips for the second group buy. Since no one would be able to agree, and it would make adding on to existing sets, much more difficult, why not use the same mold and same material for a different chip? These have been the best China Clay to date. I think a lot more people would be pumped if there was a new label, theme, edge, color concept on same mold with same material.

CdnBeerLover

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I think this GB attempt was just a victim of bad timing. The Dunes sale had already been discussed for about a month, so people looking for CC's may have already committed to those.

While I was tempted with this one (again...), I'm holding out until I can get a solid set of some kind. CPC's are out of my price range thanks to the exchange rate, but CC's could fit the bill nicely. There are no solid CC's with a decent light green, yellow, and orange available on the market that I can find. If these colours were available as solids at this price point, I'd buy them.

Richard Cranium

Two Pair
Reaction score
For solids I think Holdempokerchips.com still sells t-mold blanks for .69 each. I think those were originally made by bcc but not sure if they can take a label. They have been hot stamped before.

David O

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I think this GB attempt was just a victim of bad timing. The Dunes sale had already been discussed for about a month, so people looking for CC's may have already committed to those.

While I was tempted with this one (again...), I'm holding out until I can get a solid set of some kind. CPC's are out of my price range thanks to the exchange rate, but CC's could fit the bill nicely. There are no solid CC's with a decent light green, yellow, and orange available on the market that I can find. If these colours were available as solids at this price point, I'd buy them.
We have a GB in design right now. Looking at about $1.10 per chip if you are interested.

CdnBeerLover

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a GB in design right now. Looking at about $1.10 per chip if you are interested.
I've been following it. With exchange, shipping, and import taxes, it's not cheap. While there's no duty thanks to Nafta, Ontario residents pay a 13% sales tax on all imports valued over $20. All told, it'll cost me roughly 1.75 Cdn per chip to get those, which is well outside my budget.

At this point, I'll look at it when the dollar rebounds enough to make it affordable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom