CPS Chips -- Any Flaking? (2 Viewers)

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you who are using your sets from the CPS group buy noticed any of the flaking evident with other recent China clay buys?

TIA...

-- Larry

Pics (I think) and lots of discussion in a couple of threads on CT. Pharaoh's Club, mostly the $1s.

I gave a set to my next door neighbor, who kept my old home game running after I moved, and they still flake all over the felt every time they're used.
:(

Since we don't know much about the Chinese chip producers, I am wondering if my unused CPS chips might have a similar problem.

no none

in fact they are getting better with play after all the dust is worn off.

I love em

no flea bites whatsoever

My set hasn't been used in a tourney, but I've used the higher denoms (5k/25k/100k) about 5 times playing Life with the kids (so same few chips each time, and although they don't shuffle, they can still be pretty rough on them. :))- no flaking problems.

Then again, I used my Pharaohs CC set quite a bit way back when, and didn't have anything like that with those either.

Still haven't put my set into play, but a friend used his new set last month for the first time. No issues so far.

No issues here, they're holding up nicely for our monthly rotating game, even when playing on kitchen tables at the homes with no poker table.

No issues here. I have 1800 of the Pharaoh's.

W/o seeing pics, I'm honestly not exactly sure what you mean by flaking. Early use always left a slight amount of small chunks of clay on the felt. Tiny bits. Could really only notice it from the purples and greens. I just always figured it was edges breaking off and considered it normal. Still do. Recently upgraded my cash set and the same thing happened upon first use with the new chips.

Hey another aussie!!!!

new chips having chunks breaking off isnt normal (Just to clarify its an opinion of what is acceptable in my world) Id be sending chips back to the manufacturer if that was the case. None of my paulsons or cps china clays have any chunks left over after play. If you cant make a chip that sticks together maybe your in the wrong business. Again just an opinion.

Hey mate! When I say chunks I mean probably more like dust with just a few tiny little chunks here and there.

I guess even Paulsons eventually end up with rounded edges as opposed to straight edges so even they must be losing some clay at some point.

That said, once one of my chips lost the whole edge spot. That prompted me to buy 5x of each chip to keep as spares for future.

I have noticed in the past, especially with the orange chips my CC from PGI were chipping away. I will send some pics later. Flea bites galore! And those chips rarely got play.

My set has only been used a few times, but I've taken chips to work to shuffle often and haven't noticed any issues with my CPS set.

Flea bites?

I've only used my set once, but no issues so far. Hopefully will use them again this weekend and will see if I have any flaking / chunks on table.

Detroitdad (Bill) had a large china clay cash set. The orange quarters were literally flaking apart, there would be orange dust all over the table as we were playing. These were the solids in the Greek Key mold.

What we saw was many, many tiny bits of material off the white $1s -- size ranging from that of table salt, to that of kosher salt. All over the table, after several hours of play. Like someone had been grinding white peppercorns over the table.

Some of us brought it up on CT, but Joe and those involved in the buy never addressed the matter at all. I doubt anyone was looking for any recompense, but it would have been nice to have someone step up and say that yes, there was a problem with some of the formulary, and we've taken steps to correct it.

The guy I gave them to still plays with them, and they still flake. It makes me feel guilty, like I should give him another set.

I'm glad to hear that no one has noted any problems with the CPS chips...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom