CPC vs Paulson (5 Viewers)

Color choice is one thing I lament about CPC. :confused

Their palette wouldn't have to be 60-70 colors like Paulson has. Instead, I'd be happy if they just added just a scant few more: bright yellow, aqua, beige, periwinkle (all unweighted to avoid the dinge added to the rolling edge by their brass flakes). It's a pipe dream though as I seem to remember Dave speaking solidly against that happening.

--EDIT--
Those 4 colors and the "bear claw" spot pattern and all would be right in the universe. ;)

Last edited:
There is a thread here that discusses the texture of the CPC molds and the relevance to the wear of the molds with lots of up close macro photos of various mold textures. I can’t seem to find it at the moment.

There is a thread here that discusses the texture of the CPC molds and the relevance to the wear of the molds with lots of up close macro photos of various mold textures. I can’t seem to find it at the moment.
If you find it please let me know sir! ty :)

Their palate wouldn't have to be 60-70 colors like Paulson has. Instead, I'd be happy if they just added just a scant few more: bright yellow, aqua, beige, periwinkle (all unweighted to avoid the dinge added to the rolling edge by their brass flakes). It's a pipe dream though as I seem to remember Dave speaking solidly against that happening.

--EDIT--
Those 4 colors and the "bear claw" spot pattern and all would be right in the universe. ;)
Plus a Burgundy, between "Red" and "Maroon" and possibly a Turquoise, as a darker version of Aqua.
Plus 2- and 4-TA316, and 4V418. And 514 for 39mm
:)

When I first saw it I was hesitant about going csq but the chips I’ve handled from recent sets have been great and seemed to have a little more texture than what appears here.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/high-magnification-cpc-mold-samples.19306/

Agreed. I took some photos of my own mold samples and my CSQs were definitely not that worn down (not that it is even necessarily a bad thing). I thought I posted in that thread but it must have been in PMs.

Wow CSQ looks extremely smooth there!!
Get samples holds true. I couldn’t imagine not wanting texture for days but A mold gets so damn filthy quickly because of that texture. And like Evan said csq still has texture. Was a no brainer at that point for me. CSQ feels great right out of the box

Get samples holds true. I couldn’t imagine not wanting texture for days but A mold gets so damn filthy quickly because of that texture. And like Evan said csq still has texture. Was a no brainer at that point for me. CSQ feels great right out of the box
Yeah I’ve got a barrel of CSQ that I’ve been shuffling to death and they feel really smooth and nice to shuffle. I have a whole set of A-molds ;) and they do feel very different and more rigid. Only molds I haven’t been able to shuffle that have me curious are jockey and small crown…

Their palette wouldn't have to be 60-70 colors like Paulson has. Instead, I'd be happy if they just added just a scant few more: bright yellow, aqua, beige, periwinkle (all unweighted to avoid the dinge added to the rolling edge by their brass flakes). It's a pipe dream though as I seem to remember Dave speaking solidly against that happening.

--EDIT--
It takes a big investment for them to make new colors and their process is not as conducive to it. But yeah, especially when you have designed several sets the lack of colors really gets to you.

Just bought a set of Rounders on the CSQ mold last week. Under magnification (60x is the least I have) it is smoother than other molds, but has more texture than the CSQ in that other thread’s photos.
6A78D933-5FC5-46E6-B27E-5D50E4DF560E.jpeg

908A701A-3015-46B9-881B-77F979B07185.jpeg

7512D18F-FF83-462B-869D-931ACDBCD74E.jpeg

It takes a big investment for them to make new colors and their process is not as conducive to it. But yeah, especially when you have designed several sets the lack of colors really gets to you.

Yes, this. As has been mentioned before, CPC uses formulae for the chip materials and colors that are 70-80+ years old, which involves a good amount of natural fibrous materials and mineral based colours, and that will limit your ability to make consistent batches in large quantities, and take a lot of experimentation to come up with new offerings. GPI can invest in more research with organic polymers (plastic) components, which gives them a larger palette with more subtle yet consistent shade variations.

you gotta weed out the ones that can't handle it
Yeah, still not safe.
Loving girlfriend, enthusiastic about your chips and their macro-photography.
She then slays you in your sleep to sell your chips, in your name, here, having acquired your password.:p:p
:)

I want chips like this. Super sharp corners, smooth vibrant pastel colors, and that satisfying chalky texture.
Can CPC make these?

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 17-02-07 PCF Poker Chip Forum Store.png
Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 17-04-43 PCF Poker Chip Forum Store.png
Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 17-06-10 PCF Poker Chip Forum Store.png
Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 17-07-28 PCF Poker Chip Forum Store.png

Super sharp corners, smooth vibrant pastel colors, and that satisfying chalky texture

Super sharp corners... check
that satisfying chalky texture... check-ish
smooth vibrant pastel colors... ehhhh

I love vibrant colors and I love crazy colored Pualsons. I have also recently come out of the closet for CPCs. But I would only consider less than half of the colors usable for my own tastes, and probably yours as well. I have just ordered two full sets of custom CPCs and I love the color schemes.

Get a color sample set and mold sample set and see for yourself! Hell, I am even selling mine now that I just ordered my second set.

Nope. I just love the chip. Working on a mixed bud jones V7 set and these would be a great addition. If you could hook a fellow collector up it would be much appreciated!
How would I hook you up? Go buy a bunch of $1's then ship them downunda? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom