CPC Tournament 1/4 Pie vs. Solid (1 Viewer)

Saoliver

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So tell me what you all think...1/4 pie vs. solid for these tournament chips. Or maybe both...a big set for a multiple table tournament, and another set for Heads Up Tournaments?

I really do like the idea of both.

04F900CD-DAB5-4905-AC16-F2BF922A85ED.png
77E6AE1C-4F21-4780-B2F0-12710F2D9BE9.png

All-in-all, I prefer the quarter pies, but I'd take the second set over the first. The chips all having the same secondary color sort of bugs me. It's the reason I don't like the Paulson Elites very much. I think the using darker hues of the primary color for the pies is really classy looking.

I really like the tone-on-tone 1/4 pies. I've made a couple sets myself. I agree with @Davism72 about having a single secondary color.

I vote both as well! My solids are my favorite set, but I really want some pies eventually.

Second 1/4 pie mockup if you only do one set but I'd revisit the white. I think it could use more contrast.

If you make two sets then both. Obviously.

Quarter pies are my favorite chips. I like the second set better, but agree that the white needs a little more contrast.

Another vote tone-on-tone 1/4 pies. I’ve mocked a set of those up myself. Just a sharp look.

Agreed with tone on tone quarter pies. Solids seem so plentiful that if I were making a custom set I would definitely try something a bit different.

If I were to choose purely judging by looks, I'd definitely go for hotstamped solids if I were to make another tournament set.
But stacks being incredibly hard to count when you have no visual aid in the form of edge spots is a no-go for me.

1/4 Pie on everything is probably not the way I would go (did mock up a set too of course, but found it too boring). My recommendation isn't specific as in "use 1/4 Pies" but more like "use SOME spot pattern".

But stacks being incredibly hard to count

I disagree. At least my players generally stack chips in increments of 20. Counting is pretty easy. You also have the option of asking the player how much they have.

I'm obviously partial to solids and QP's. I think both look great in stacks :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom